Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2015 12:02:05 PM EDT
Wanting to do some shoot house work. There are, after some thought, not that many places that offer this training outside of LEO. What are some places that do?

Obviously the big schools- Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, Academi.....Others?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't been up there in years but TDI in Ohio had 3 live fire IIRC plus 1 two story FOF house last time I was up there (years ago now).

www.tdiohio.com
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven't been up there in years but TDI in Ohio had 3 live fire IIRC plus 1 two story FOF house last time I was up there (years ago now).

www.tdiohio.com
View Quote

Yes, I remember them too now that you mention it. They were featured on the NRA Tv show with Michael Bane several years ago......I know of several that offer "airsoft"- you can do that in practically any building...I'm looking at live fire shoot houses mainly....
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wanting to do some shoot house work. There are, after some thought, not that many places that offer this training outside of LEO. What are some places that do?

View Quote

Will, formal shoot house facilities that are safe and that you can use in Texas are thin. All of the ones I know of will require supervised use with either the instructor that owns them or trusts them. Paul Howe has one at his place for use with his courses. I use a range with a 360 bay in Cresson and put up net walls and real doors. I also have actual live and SRTA facilities I use in south Florida, Missouri and Tennessee.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Will, formal shoot house facilities that are safe and that you can use in Texas are thin. All of the ones I know of will require supervised use with either the instructor that owns them or trusts them. Paul Howe has one at his place for use with his courses. I use a range with a 360 bay in Cresson and put up net walls and real doors. I also have actual live and SRTA facilities I use in south Florida, Missouri and Tennessee.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CSAT. I should have thought of that one too. Hell, I've BEEN there!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Alliance, Ohio PD has many courses that are open enrollment, including some that utilize their live fire shoot house.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Fort Harmar  in Marrietta Ohio (pistol rated only)

West Point VA

Farmington Mo with Asymmetric Solutions
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top