Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2015 10:18:40 AM EDT
Anyone heard of these guys? They have a nice site, etc and put out good videos, but are they legit? They claim to be ex-SEALs or other operators and know there are a lot of posers out there.

These guys somehow don't "look the part" to me (subjective, I know) and they really push their past service, which seems contrary to the whole "Silent Professionals" thing.

READYMAN | OUR READYMEN
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Looked at the linked webpage.   They just don't seem quite right do they.   Compare their webpage to the Asymmetric over in Missouri, I know that the Asymmetric guys are the real thing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looked at the linked webpage.   They just don't seem quite right do they.   Compare their webpage to the Asymmetric over in Missouri, I know that the Asymmetric guys are the real thing.
View Quote

Agreed....something doesn't seem right to me.

At the same time, they are a subscription-based video and article service on prepping, not a source of on-site training like Asymmetric Solutions.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a subscriber.  I think of it as a 'videozine' subscription that I get every month.  

You get access to the new videos, as well as all past videos.  The videos are grouped under such headings as "firearms", "home security defense", "wilderness survival", "disaster preparedness", "first aid", etc.  You can ask questions in the comments section of the videos where the Readyman team members (or any subscriber for that matter) can reply.

Unlike ARFCOM, all subscribers as well as the Readyman team members post questions and replies using their real names. This cuts down on a lot of the chaff in my opinion. I have no reason to believe that the Readyman team is anyone other than who they say they are.  They are a mixture of civilians and former military including former Navy Seals and Green Berets.  In these days of Don Shipley, I doubt anyone could get away with stolen valor for an extended period of time.

They also schedule live webinars, an hour long as I recall, that you can participate in and ask questions.  You also have access to the previously recorded webinars.

For my part, I appreciate former military who are willing to give back to the civilian community.  After all, with their prior training and experience, they could choose (as some do) to train law enforcement or perform corporate security and avoid the civilian community altogether.  

For $20 a month, I consider it a small price to support guys that are trying convert some of their knowledge and military experience into a format that civilians can learn from.

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a subscriber.  I think of it as a 'videozine' subscription that I get every month.  

You get access to the new videos, as well as all past videos.  The videos are grouped under such headings as "firearms", "home security defense", "wilderness survival", "disaster preparedness", "first aid", etc.  You can ask questions in the comments section of the videos where the Readyman team members (or any subscriber for that matter) can reply.

Unlike ARFCOM, all subscribers as well as the Readyman team members post questions and replies using their real names. This cuts down on a lot of the chaff in my opinion. I have no reason to believe that the Readyman team is anyone other than who they say they are.  They are a mixture of civilians and former military including former Navy Seals and Green Berets.  In these days of Don Shipley, I doubt anyone could get away with stolen valor for an extended period of time.

They also schedule live webinars, an hour long as I recall, that you can participate in and ask questions.  You also have access to the previously recorded webinars.

For my part, I appreciate former military who are willing to give back to the civilian community.  After all, with their prior training and experience, they could choose (as some do) to train law enforcement or perform corporate security and avoid the civilian community altogether.  

For $20 a month, I consider it a small price to support guys that are trying convert some of their knowledge and military experience into a format that civilians can learn from.

YMMV
View Quote

Agreed 100% on all points. I just want to make sure they're really what they say they are. I have no real reason to doubt it...just want to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top