Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2015 2:38:33 PM EDT
anyone video themselves shooting/running drill and evaluate later. I dry fired today alot and videoed most of it and was watching it. I guess i want to video myself to evaluate and see if im doing anything wrong or see if there is anything i could work on. This being said i cant really tell if im doing anything wrong. Just wondering what you guys thoughts were on this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I suggest you attend a training class (a two or three day course) to get started. (Not from an 8 hour CCW course required for a license. That is not training)

Self training by watching youtube videos or from purchased DVDs is not the best way to learn. No professional feedback on what you do well and what you need to work on.

I'd like to learn to weld aluminum... but trying to teach myself would be a waste of time and money.

Same thing applies to firearms.

Once someone attends professional course after trying the self taught... it really is more difficult for both student and instructor, than someone who has never shot.

One is a "clean slate"...  the other is identifying short comings and bad habits that the instructor will have to fix on the self taught shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top