Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2014 4:05:39 PM EDT
So I just built an Ar, Ive owned other gun but have never been too much into shooting. So far the gun has had about 1000 rds through it- about 600-700 from me. I want to know if there is any type of drills i could do at the range to help with active shooting. I cant move around, im limited to my "stall" to shoot in and i cant rapid fire, i have to wait "1 sec" in between shots. The range is 25, 50, 100 yards.

Im currently in college and have to leave my self built, 50 yard range at home , so is there drills i could do to practice things like getting on target and maybe shooting while moving - without moving from my stall haha. I know im limited to a sheet of paper and thats it, which sucks, but it is what it is...how can i make it more fun?

Also drill to make me a better shooter, trigger control, stabilization, things like that.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Dryfire and start learning the trigger.

Half of being a good shooter is weapons handling and moving in and out of positions, this can be done in you back yard with a unloaded rifle.

The other half is dryfire, its not sexy but will make you a better shooter.

Look for any 3 gun matches in your area. Thats what makes it fun and will make you want to practice the un fun stuff.

Check out the book green eyes and black rifles, one of the best books on the subject.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
you can practice on magazine drills, failure drills, and support side drills with no live ammunition....these are looked over all the time when in fact they are some of the most important

until you can move, change magazine, and stay on target at the same time....you are not proficient in magazine changes
also practice body armor and specific area drills on target...all of which do not require to move around
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I would start traditionally with Port Arms and train snap shots.

Then move on to low carry and train snap shots.

Both of these can be done on the range you describe without violating the 1 sec per shot rule.

They both have real world value without being "over the top" commando training.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would start traditionally with Port Arms and train snap shots.

Then move on to low carry and train snap shots.

Both of these can be done on the range you describe without violating the 1 sec per shot rule.

They both have real world value without being "over the top" commando training.
View Quote

Port arms? like high ready?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top