Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2014 10:00:14 PM EDT
Hello. I have spina bifida. I used to be able to walk just fine but I have had some surgeries on my spine the last two years. So now I have to use a walker or a wheelchair. Hopefully someday I will be back to walking. I would like to take some handgun classes and maybe some rifle classes.  Are there any instructors that have experience with someone that has a disability.  I live in Pennsylvania but I don't mind driving out of state.  

Thanks for all the help.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
We are in Alabama. We have worked with a few folks with non-standard moving parts. We like the challenge of working with you and defeating your challenges. AL is a far piece from PA, but you have a place on our deck if you ever get south.

www.lighthorsetactical.com
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Ask in your HTF about instructors, I know the NRA encourages instructors to work with students to compensate or overcome physical limitations, when I took my Personal Protection Inside the Home instructor course, one of the other students was in a wheelchair, he had to put his pistol on safe and place it in his lap to move between shooting stations.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
You can train, there are lots of guys who don't stop when life hands them a raw deal, this guy who is on this forum makes life his bitch from the seat of his chair everyday.

http://youtu.be/1LI-KH_Y1oE
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:16:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can train, there are lots of guys who don't stop when life hands them a raw deal, this guy who is on this forum makes life his bitch from the seat of his chair everyday.

http://youtu.be/1LI-KH_Y1oE
View Quote

That's exactly what I would like to be able to do someday. Right now I just want to learn the basics.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are in Alabama. We have worked with a few folks with non-standard moving parts. We like the challenge of working with you and defeating your challenges. AL is a far piece from PA, but you have a place on our deck if you ever get south.

www.lighthorsetactical.com
View Quote

I will keep you in mind. I don't mind driving so you will probably hear from me someday in the future.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Check locally first to save yourself the time and expense of travel.

A "quality" instructor will adapt his teachings to your needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top