Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2014 3:29:04 PM EDT
I could use some help figuring out the best way to manage shooting multiple types of ammo but use one "Prime" zero. Particularly, I want to be able to zero my rifle using a 77gr match round and zero the turrets, but still have the proper adjustments available for using 55gr and 62 grain ammo whenever I am practicing or just shooting for fun.

I currently use Strelok free. I would like to know if there is an app available that can give you dopes for different rounds, but based on the same zero? I know with Strelok you can use different ammo profiles but the actual zero distance is based on the rifle profile, not the ammo. Can I adjust the zero distance on each rifle profile in order to use one zero, ie 77gr ammo zeroed at 100 = 55gr ammo zeroed at x yards? Obviously they all have different adjustments but I'm trying to figure out how to determine a way to adjust for other rounds based off one zero.

If there isn't an app to do it, what kinds of mathing or wizardy would I need to do using JBM and Excel in order to build a table with the different loads adjusted to the 77gr zero? Do I need to zero with 77, then shoot 55 and 62 to see the elevation distance at 100? would that give me any data to use to offset my adjustments?

The particular rifles are:

Mk12 Mod 0 style rifle, WOA 1/7 18" barrel, ARMS #38 sleeve and ARMS #22 Med rings (comes out to almost 3" over bore for scope), Bushnell Elite Tactical 3-12x44 Mil-Dot, Mil/Mil adjustment

12.5" DD govt barreled SBR, 1/7 twist, and SWFA 1-4 in Larue SPR-S (10 moa cant) with mil/mil adjustment

Also, do any of the ballistic programs take mount cant into the equation? Should they?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Cant does not matter.

Zero the 77gr at 100 yards then shoot the other loads at 100 to see where they are in relation to the base zero... add/subtract the data provided by a ballistic calculator then shoot to confirm, verify, and fine tune.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top