Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2014 4:57:47 PM EDT
Has anyone used any Ballistics Calculator apps for their smart phone?  I downloaded (Droid) an App called Strelok, seems pretty cool.  Does anyone have any experience with this app?  I hope this is the right forum for this question.

Jimbo
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes comes in handy at the range...
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't used that one, but I have extensively used Ballistic for the iPhone which I really like.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes Ballistic AE.  Just about everyone in the precision section and on snipers hide uses some sort of calculator.  They are very helpful.

The most important thing is good data.  Garbage in gets you garbage out.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you want to play with an app a few times for kicks, or do you want to have a serious tool for regular long-range shooting in changing conditions with multiple weapons/ammo?

If the latter I highly recommend Applied Ballistics developed by Bryan Litz. It is by far the most complete, most flexible, most awesome ballistics app available. Some of the killer features include ability to save a library of specific weapons and ammo. You can back it all up to the cloud and restore with a click of a button. I backed up, bought a new phone, the restored all my data with a few clicks. Awesome. You can generate a custom table and then email it to yourself, or to your buddy. After you create a specific profile for a weapon/ammo combo if your POI is off you can enter the POI error at the specific range and it will do a calibration correction across your whole table. Unlike many apps it corrects for all variables including angle of fire and Coriolis based on Latitude and direction of fire. It can even pull barometric pressure from the nearest online weather station based on your GPS coordinates. All of these functions can be enabled/disabled as needed. Cost? Well it's the most I've ever paid for an "app" but I am 100% satisfied.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to look that up.  The pay version of Strelok has many of this features and for $6 isn't to bad but I have yet to try it at the range.  I am just starting to get into some precision shooting (on a budget) so I am not sure how serious I will get.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive been using  Strelok for a while. I like it alot.  Like others have stated, you need to put in good data to get good good results.  Thank being said, since I dont shoot much in the summer time (use this time to reload/restock my ammo and update my reloading data books), the times i do go shoot, I do notice at further ranges (500) my numbers are off a bit.  could be me, could be the heat... prob more thee heat  I have used Ballistic AE but i think cause i have more time in  Strelok i just dont feel like redoing it all for another app.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:00:48 AM EDT
[#7]
An app called 'shooter'. Awesome! Not exactly a beginners app, very in depth and the most accurate one ive used. Even includes Litz BC's on most match bullets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top