Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2012 5:49:09 PM EDT
My local range isn't all that great so most of my shooting has been with the rifle on bags but i want to change that. When there aren't too many people around the range owner doesn't care how i shoot as long is it's on target. I've recently started hunting hogs and realize that not only am i way out of shape, i can't shoot all that great standing up. How should i change this? Should i start at say 25 yards and work my way out further? Would it be a good idea to practice holding up my rifle at home for extended periods to help with steadiness?
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
There's 2 ways that I know of to shoot standing. First is traditional off hand, which is great for accuracy, but you need to know about NPOA, steady hold factors, etc... then there's the more tactical type shooting, feet squared to target, bent at hips, up on the balls of your feet and leaning into the rifle. Look for an Appleseed shoot in your area, if you've never had any formal training on how to shoot, they can be a big help on learning the basics, then upgrade to a different style.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Can't see this when it's embedded on here on my phone for some reason so i'm quoting you to get the links.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top