Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 6:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
So one could use a "Real" AR upper on a GBB lower?
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Anybody? Buehler?
Link Posted: 7/6/2010 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes and no.

There are many different GBB M4's each with their own specs and dimensions. It also depends on how you want to "use" the real upper in question.

WE and Prime GBB receivers will accept standard upper's, however they are not capable of firing real ammo without significant modification to the airsoft lower and replacement of fire control parts.

You can convert a real upper to shoot 6mm plastic bb's in conjunction with an airsoft lower, but the modification is permanent and you won't be able to switch it back again.

Bottom line is, if you want to use a real upper for airsoft, go ahead. But if you are trying make the airsoft lower shoot lead, I hope you like getting ass raped in prison.

Link Posted: 7/14/2010 5:07:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes and no.

There are many different GBB M4's each with their own specs and dimensions. It also depends on how you want to "use" the real upper in question.

WE and Prime GBB receivers will accept standard upper's, however they are not capable of firing real ammo without significant modification to the airsoft lower and replacement of fire control parts.

You can convert a real upper to shoot 6mm plastic bb's in conjunction with an airsoft lower, but the modification is permanent and you won't be able to switch it back again.
Bottom line is, if you want to use a real upper for airsoft, go ahead. But if you are trying make the airsoft lower shoot lead, I hope you like getting ass raped in prison.

I was just thinking that using your existing upper would save money/weapon familiarity. Didn't insinuate any illegal intent.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 6:31:58 AM EDT
[#5]
If the ATF actually decides to pursue this, even having one would constitute constructive intent. That said I doubt anything will ever become of it.

Here is an example of what you are talking about: Bushmaster A1 upper on a Prime (airsoft) lower. This person had to modify the receiver to accept the airsoft barrel meaning it will not take an AR barrel again. So you are essentially ruining your AR upper as well as paying for a very expensive airsoft lower ($500) just to use it.

You're much better off just sticking too airsoft parts and building those to match your AR. However if you choose to use real parts for 90% of the gun, you have the option to do so.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Just thought I would update this thread for anyone looking to get one of these.  I just ordered one of the AGM M4 rifles from a Hong Kong shop and my order was cancelled and the money refunded with the reason being that it was illegal to ship it to the USA.  I did some searching and there is a letter from ATF technology branch where they took one of these GBB m4's and by dremeling out the lower they got a regular upper to fit and fire live ammo.  ATF now classifies the lower on all of these rifles as actual firearms and has stopped importation of them.  I could find nothing on what will come of the ones already in the country.  So it looks like anyone wanting to get one of these GBB M4's is SOL at the moment.

I was really looking forward to getting one of these.  From what I can tell there is one from KWA (KWA LM4) coming out that will have the blessings of the ATF but I imagine the price will probably be a grand or more.

Here is a link with a copy of the ATF letter.

http://www.spokaneairsoft.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=2&func=view&catid=28&id=4194
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I just ordered one of the AGM M4 rifles from a Hong Kong shop and my order was cancelled and the money refunded with the reason being that it was illegal to ship it to the USA.

Where did you order from?

Link Posted: 8/23/2010 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Ebairsoft
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Hmm that's odd. Seeing how EB (formerly known as EbayBanned) is rather famous for shamelessly infringing every copyright law you can think of would shy away from importing GBB's - unless the ATF is already on their case, but I doubt it.

Maybe try here; http://www.airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?cPath=552_553&products_id=12627

I don't think customs is the issue but rather just getting them to ship it at all. I think once it's in route the chances of being confiscated are rather low. Of course at this point that's a chance you'd have to take risk receiving an empty box with customs notice inside.
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#10]
King Arms has an ATF-approved M4 out.  List price is $350.  Anyone have any knowledge/reviews?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone make a blowback S&W M&P 9 yet? Is there one in the works?
Link Posted: 5/13/2011 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I was looking into doing some airsoft.  I have a gun that was my brother's.  It's an ICS MP5 with the collapsable stock and I think it would be a great gun to use for mil sim.  I just couldn't believe it though when I looked into how much the actual events cost to participate in.  There is an indoor place near me and they charge $15 a day.  The outdoor events every few months are $30.  There are some teams I could join which practice is free during but then they are going to want me to come with them to these events that are $15-30.  Where are they coming up with these incredibly high prices?  I could see paying $2-3 for an outdoor event but $30 is insane.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#13]
This past week I had 2 occasions where
airsoft came up on my radar screen for the
first time, and just to be clear, prior to this, I
had no interest in AS thinking it was just for
kids & wanna be's.

1) I was told about an AS force on force class this
coming week at my local range. We are supposed to
use the entire range facility, including the retail
area & I assume the parking lot. If it is half as good
as I think, it will be a blast.

2) My buddy rec'd a KWC GBB 1911 for a review
on YT. I was so impressed I stopped by the local
retail outlet & got to shoot a Sig replica which
impressed me even more.

My initial plan was to buy a KWC 1911 to do
close range drills in the drive way. But then
I realized I could do the same type of training
with a carbine, both at a fraction of the cost
of even 9mm reloaded ammo, at my home,
as well as force on force with my buddies.
These higher quality GBB's have my attention.
I see a lot of potential for this product, and I
can say, I'm now on the wagon.

I  will watch this thread...

Be safe!

John

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#14]
A week ago I took a room-clearing class with my Airsoft KWA 1911.

It was neat, though because there were no real firearms present we didn't get a safety briefing before hand. Which I guess was okay, because we'd all taken training in the past and know the difference.

I had one problem moving through the shoot house that was related to Airsoft and Airsoft only: I forgot to hit the little button on the mag follower on my backup mag, to make the follower shoot up to the top and push the BBs up. I did a tactical reload halfway through the shoot house, like a good boy , and proceeded upstairs, where my first shot resulted in a deafening click.

Now, in reality, I'd have done a tap/rack/bang and solved the problem. But that's not how airsoft works. I did a hurried reload back to the original mag and got the last two targets, but that kind of sucked.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was looking into doing some airsoft.  I have a gun that was my brother's.  It's an ICS MP5 with the collapsable stock and I think it would be a great gun to use for mil sim.  I just couldn't believe it though when I looked into how much the actual events cost to participate in.  There is an indoor place near me and they charge $15 a day.  The outdoor events every few months are $30.  There are some teams I could join which practice is free during but then they are going to want me to come with them to these events that are $15-30.  Where are they coming up with these incredibly high prices?  I could see paying $2-3 for an outdoor event but $30 is insane.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#17]

I was so distracted by all of the gear on the wall behind him. Wow that guy has a lot of great gear.

On another note, now that Haley has made this video, sales of every Airsoft piece of equipment he had in that video just skyrocketed. If anyone else had made that video, they would have been laughed off of ARFCOM. But OMG! Travis Haley says Airsoft isn't just a game?! Where's my credit card?

In all seriousness, Airsoft is absolutely an effective training method. We use it for training force-on-force, as it's much cheaper than Simunitions. And I recommend it to my students who can't always get to the range so that they can use it safely in their backyard or garage (draw technique, alternate positions, etc) and even have a few college students who can have Airsoft but not real firearms in their dorms - it works wonders for their dry practice time. Like many other training methods, it has its limitations and as long as you understand that then you will be all the better for using it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#18]
What the verdict on one of these?
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#19]

I rec'd a King Arms M4 GBB with
Magpul furniture, last week.

I have ran about 30 mags through
it so far. The best thing is the ability
to quickly set up a few targets out
in the driveway & around the house
& go at them. My 7 year old was out
setting them up for me today.

Lots of trigger time & rounds down
range in a well done copy, with
realistic weight, function & features,
without having to go to a range at
a fraction of the cost of live ammo
makes this a very worthwhile training
aid. I will buy a H&K USP soon.

Later!

John
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]
OK just finished ordering a G&P Challenge Kit M4 Carbine (Must be assembled by the user), 2 King Arms mags, a KWA MK1 1911, and accessories to the tune of less than $450 with shipping. Went through Evike.com. I'm looking forward to getting some trigger time on these guns and hopefully improving my shooting skills.

Kalmar I blame you for this

AKASL

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Bump to keep this alive.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top