Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 54
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:43:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#1]
Yeah their justifications for all the sensitive locations bans are tenuous at best.

Still no carry where alcohol is served, or parks...which sucks...but their analysis is so flawed it's gotta be overturned.

No carry in places that serve alcohol because those places are crowded and *likely* to have intoxicated people? Please. Fuck.off.

No carry in parks because of children and they are sometimes crowded? Fuck off.

Fuck you 2nd circus for trying so hard to side with tyrrany.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:
Yeah their justifications for all the sensitive locations bans are tenuous at best.

Still no carry where alcohol is served, or parks...which sucks...but their analysis is so flawed it's gotta be overturned.

No carry in places that serve alcohol because those places are crowded and *likely* to have intoxicated people? Please. Fuck.off.

View Quote

We eat the elephant one bite at a time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Also based on some of this, SAFE is doomed even according to the 2nd circuit. Weapons in common use are constitutional to own and carry.

Only a matter of time till a district court puts an injunction on SAFE and mag limits.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:47:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xd341] [#4]
Lest we should be ungrateful.

Thank you @nolocontendere

The fight is far from over but this is better than expected honestly and a step in the right direction.  My GOA membership well spent.

You too @HiramRanger, keep up the fight, keep us motivated.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By xd341:

The fight is far from over but this is better than expected honestly and a step in the right direction.  My GOA membership well spent.
View Quote

A Fucking Men!
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I just saw this the other day.  Nolo has a Youtube channel. Hopefully he does something on this decision.

Nolo

I don't know if it's a big deal but he'd probably like some likes and subscriptions.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:54:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#7]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Well, it's more akin to the elephant stomping us into the ground in one fell swoop...then we slowly eat the elephant's hoof one bite at a time with the 2 teeth we have left in our mouths.

But yeah...we will prevail!
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tahawus:
View Quote

Nice spin you vile bitch.

The core component was the blanket private property carry ban. You lost...and will continue to lose.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
The fact that she isn't taking a huge victory lap means she knows she lost the big issue. Carry in public is practically possible again.

If she won she'd have a big presser.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:08:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger] [#11]
The fact that she isn't taking a huge victory lap means she knows she lost the big issue. Carry in public is practically possible again.

View All Quotes

I wonder if she realized the law has been ignored by everyone... criminals never followed it, permit holders said "fuck you, I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6," most cops I know think it was BS and would turn a blind eye to it if at all possible, and prosecutors have not brought charges - although there have surely been arrests of people who were carrying a gun in violation of this unconstitutional law. Occam's Razor tells us the entire state has pretty much been saying fuck off to her lowliness for the past year plus.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#12]

I wonder if she realized the law has been ignored by everyone... criminals never followed it, permit holders said "fuck you, I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6," most cops I know think it was BS and would turn a blind eye to it if at all possible, and prosecutors have not brought charges - although there have surely been arrests of people who were carrying a gun in violation of this unconstitutional law. Occam's Razor tells us the entire state has pretty much been saying fuck off to her lowliness for the past year plus.
View Quote
I've certainly seen people carrying, but I also have sensed a chilling effect on the right at the same time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I've certainly seen people carrying, but I also have sensed a chilling effect on the right at the same time.
View All Quotes

Absolutely, but I've also had friends joke, "I'm up to nine felonies today!" Referencing where they had gone that was not posted "carry allowed."

I remember when it first went into effect and it was like the wind was knocked out of everybody. People seem far less concerned these days, likely because there haven't been mass arrests, court cases across the country are going our way, and society gets progressively ore violent to the point I know people who didn't carry before the ban and have done so subsequently even though prohibited. This ruling, while not far enough, clearly says the government has gone too far.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By EXSUNY:
This is good news and a step forward.  If I read this correctly, I can now carry going to a store or supermarket? That's great. Houses of worship are ambiguous as it only pertains to the plantiffs?

The other sensitive locales still stand. Parks, libraries, these need to go. Maybe I won't be so pessimistic.  Schools would be a hard one to free up.
View Quote
Unless otherwise posted
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#15]

A Fucking Men!
View All Quotes

A Fucking Men!

Ditto Ditto Ditto
Thanks NOLO!!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Yup.

And I even bought a new, slimmer more concealable handgun last fall because Fuck You Hochul.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Our DA had a meeting with us and flat out said: “I will not entertain any CCIA charges in my office”. So far he had upheld that…..but then again the Deputies I work with abhorred the law and refused to enforce it regardless.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#18]

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but this is a damned sight better than what I expected us to get. Nolo has a lot of work ahead of him, and if you are not yet a member of Gun Owners of America I strongly urge you to join. They took this case at our request and have been amazing and are spending a metric shit ton of money on this critically important case! Let's show them we appreciate it and have their backs just like they have ours!
View Quote
In for a c note
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By nyrifle:
In for a c note
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Great news.

Off to donate to GOA
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#21]
In for a c note
View All Quotes

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but this is a damned sight better than what I expected us to get. Nolo has a lot of work ahead of him, and if you are not yet a member of Gun Owners of America I strongly urge you to join. They took this case at our request and have been amazing and are spending a metric shit ton of money on this critically important case! Let's show them we appreciate it and have their backs just like they have ours!
In for a c note

I'm $50 every month.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Yup.

And I even bought a new, slimmer more concealable handgun last fall because Fuck You Hochul.
View All Quotes

Yup.

Sales of Ruger LCP Max .380s have gone through the roof. I recommended it to about 10 people and 8 purchased it and its always on them. I'm going with I'm not the first one to preach to the converted.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Sales of Ruger LCP Max .380s have gone through the roof. I recommended it to about 10 people and 8 purchased it and its always on them. I'm going with I'm not the first one to preach to the converted.
View Quote

I have been contemplating a Sig 365 for just that reason.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:59:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: P400] [#24]
I wonder if the Tabernacle Family Church might be open to a statewide online membership drive.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bushman_269:

View All Quotes

That was my carry gun before this nonsense, still in the rotation... but the LCP Max can't be beat for deep concealment and capacity. The front large dot night sight is another plus.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By P400:
I wonder if the Tabernacle Family Church might be open to a statewide online membership drive.
View Quote

Is allowing one church to have special freedoms and disparate treatment under the law not in some way an endorsement or even establishment. Tortured logic perhaps, but more solid than anything liberals argue.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Is allowing one church to have special freedoms and disparate treatment under the law not in some way an endorsement or even establishment. Tortured logic perhaps, but more solid than anything liberals argue.
View Quote
From my semi-educated perspective it certainly seems kinda jacked up.  But then my high speed skimming of the decision lead me to the conclusion that they played a lot of games with standing and denying facial claims against the CCIA.   Not shocking
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 5:30:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Castillo] [#28]

View Quote

Awesome gun.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 5:39:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#29]
Originally Posted By Castillo:

Awesome gun.
View All Quotes

Awesome gun.

P365 X is the way. With a bladetech holster. My daily carry. And my carry gun tonight when I go out, just to celebrate the win. Fuck you Hochul!

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Didn't a politician in CA almost throw a case by claiming one of their laws was "first in the nation"?  Nothing says text, history, and tradition like claiming your new law is "nation-leading".
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:59:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: P400] [#31]
Gun rights group applauds after federal appeals court deals blow to NY concealed carry law

"Gun rights activists cheered Friday after a federal appeals court struck down parts of New York's expansive concealed carry law.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit blocked three provisions of New York's "Concealed Carry Improvement Act" (CCIA), a law Democrats passed last year in response to a Supreme Court ruling that declared the state's previous concealed carry permitting requirements unconstitutional. In doing so, the appeals court allowed other parts of the law to go into effect.

In a 261-page ruling, the three-judge panel struck down a requirement that gun owners disclose their social media accounts for review when applying for a concealed carry permit. The court also blocked restrictions on carrying firearms on private property that is accessible to the public, as well as a restriction on concealed carry in houses of worship.

However, controversial parts of the law remain intact, including a requirement that applicants demonstrate good moral character and disclose household and family members on a permit application.

"Governor [Kathy] Hochul and her cabal in Albany never seem to get the message, and in turn, GOA is proud to have played a major role in rebuking her unconstitutional law," Gun Owners of America (GOA) Senior Vice President Erich Pratt said in a statement.

"Nevertheless, this was not a total victory, and we will continue the fight until this entire law is sent to the bowels of history where it belongs," Pratt added.

Full story at link above.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#32]
So what's the current status of carrying in a posted 'no guns' private establishment?

CCIA felony or the old leave or trespass rule.

I predict a big push to get every business to post.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#33]
There seems to be a lot of conflict within the media on how they should report this. I'm not posting the garbage articles that repeat Hochul's spin, but there are several. The media bias is on full display today.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 1:43:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By kzin:
So what's the current status of carrying in a posted 'no guns' private establishment?

View Quote

Let them post, we’ll start a 2A boycott website and give them all the attention they don’t want but deserve.

Bud Light those mother fuckers!
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#35]

P365 X is the way. With a bladetech holster. My daily carry. And my carry gun tonight when I go out, just to celebrate the win. Fuck you Hochul!

https://i.imgur.com/9i2N8aM.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/i0XWmGF.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/PSc5No0.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/TtlAaaE.jpeg
View Quote

Very nice.  Except for the unreliable dust collector you put on there.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 8:38:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#36]
So hopefully Suddaby and Sinatra can expedite the full trials right?

And they don't have to agree with anything the 2nd circuit said...the 2nd just vacated the injunctions on some of the laws Suddaby and Sinatra didn't agree with. Suddaby and Sinatra can put injunctions back on whatever they want again, after the trial.

Yes then the 2nd circus can reverse them again...but NY and Hochul have an uphill battle ahead of them for sure.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By KuduKing:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KuduKing:

https://i.imgur.com/9i2N8aM.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/i0XWmGF.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/PSc5No0.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/TtlAaaE.jpeg

What the china optic? I mean...it ain't unreliable. And has better features and price than the US made red dots.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:24:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LamePostCount] [#39]
The law is illegal.  This is why you are not seeing mass enforecment.  The state knows arrests will bite them in the ass.  That is why Hochul and James are doing their phony victory lap.  Read the article below about what is happening to DC for enforicing illegal law post Heller.  Hochul knows about this and doesn't want egg on her face.

DC post Heller class action suit

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#40]
The NY Times proclaims this is a major victory as some sensitive locales remain and the licensing requirements for the most part are retained. They minimize that carry in most businesses are freed up (unless signed). Pragmatically, it's more of a victory for EDC.

The rationale for differential sensitive locales makes little sense. Lawful carry was never a problem.

However, getting rid of school bans won't happen, IMHO. Nor will getting rid of the class. The NYS class may seem excessive but the curriculum is not out of line with a private first concealed carry class and many states have some kind of class. However, it being expensive might be claimed to be discriminative to folks without financial resources. Have to see how this plays out.

Anyway - it's a victory if you look at the practical aspects for EDC as compared to before.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Did they make you take a fucking class in the 1700s or 1800s or even early 1900s to be able to carry a gun?

No.

Unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#42]
It's not unconstitutional until Alito and Thomas get the others to rule on that. That's that.  An internet post saying this or that is unconstitutional is nice but doesn't mean spit.  The court changes and Bruen gets overturned as many predict would happen. It's what Scotus says.

I wouldn't bet on Scotus taking out all the classes in various states. We will see.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#43]
So what's the current status of carrying in a posted 'no guns' private establishment.
View Quote

CCIA has nothing to do with this.  I’ve seen these signs in KY.  Simple, take your money elsewhere
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 12:46:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeyCNY] [#44]
View Quote

SIG P365XL is my daily carry, but I also have a Ruger LCP Max in .380 for ultra-light shorts carry and/or rucking... getting some surface rust issues, I'm considering sending into CCR for refinishing...

Edit: That's an older pic, it looks a little worse. I'll take before/after pics if I do end up sending in.

Doing my annual renewals today, GOA and SAF getting some extra lovin'..
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#45]
G42 FTW

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Let them post, we’ll start a 2A boycott website and give them all the attention they don’t want but deserve.

View All Quotes

I like your way of thinking
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 7:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Castillo] [#47]
Bullet points anywhere on what is now allowed?

https://www.gunowners.org/victory-federal-circuit-court-affirms-injunction-against-portions-of-ny-concealed-carry-law/

Private property and houses of worship?
No social media requirement?
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Bullet points anywhere on what is now allowed?

Private property and houses of worship?
View Quote

Per page 261 of the ruling, the House of worship injunction is only for "Pastor Spencer, the Tabernacle Family Church, its members, or their agents and licensees. "
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By EXSUNY:
The NY Times proclaims this is a major victory as some sensitive locales remain and the licensing requirements for the most part are retained. They minimize that carry in most businesses are freed up (unless signed). Pragmatically, it's more of a victory for EDC.

The rationale for differential sensitive locales makes little sense. Lawful carry was never a problem.

However, getting rid of school bans won't happen, IMHO. Nor will getting rid of the class. The NYS class may seem excessive but the curriculum is not out of line with a private first concealed carry class and many states have some kind of class. However, it being expensive might be claimed to be discriminative to folks without financial resources. Have to see how this plays out.

Anyway - it's a victory if you look at the practical aspects for EDC as compared to before.
View Quote
Unless signed?  They rewrite the law in the decision somehow?  Guess I gotta start reading
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 10:55:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emsjeep] [#50]

View Quote

Nevermind
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top