Posted: 8/1/2017 6:07:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:27:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why aren't we discussing this?
View Quote

Because the GOP can't find their collective asses with two hands so it will never happen.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because the GOP can't find their collective asses with two hands so it will never happen.
View Quote
It was supposed that Trump was never going to be elected.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#4]
After what just happened to healthcare, I have no faith in the Republicans. I'm not one of those people who cares about repealing the ACA. Whatever works, just make something that's sustainable, which the ACA has proven itself as not. They couldn't even just make changes to the ACA. They failed at every single step. They've proven themselves incapable of even writing a bill that makes sense. They're only about rhetoric which in the end is all hot air. We have all these grandios dreams of the hearing supressor act, national reciprocity, SAFE Act repeal. The only way any of that is going to happen is if SCOTUS says so, and they too have proven themselves inert.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Congress, both in the House and Senate greatly mirrors that of our Assembly and Senate:  LOTS of feel good, horse shit gets thought up, sometimes even introduced in an attempt to keep the folks back home thinking they're doing the work they were sent to do. While I support pro-gun measures and the restoration of diminished Rights, this has as much chance in this climate as National Reciprocity for Concealed Carry Licenses. (which under the clearly written, but ignored Bill of Rights makes clear Citizens Lawful Freedoms)
I'll toot the Horn and beat the Drum, but the reality is I've fought until I need to be put out to pasture.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#6]
We should be heading to Albany in a caravan of vehicles to support this guy. This is no longer a two party system its a communist state on the verge of failure. Sooner or later we are going to need our 2nd amendment no matter what.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm game, anyone want to organize?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm game, anyone want to organize?
View Quote
I can bring feathers, who has tar?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh brother

State officials said they believe the bill may violate the Constitution's 10th amendment.

That amendment reads: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
State officials also said they believe the measure could run into trouble in the federal courts in that it appears to target New York, whereas the Supreme Court has ruled previously that Congress must treat states equally.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh brother

State officials said they believe the bill may violate the Constitution's 10th amendment.

That amendment reads: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
State officials also said they believe the measure could run into trouble in the federal courts in that it appears to target New York, whereas the Supreme Court has ruled previously that Congress must treat states equally.
View Quote
Oh, so all of a sudden the 10th Amendment means something?  Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh brother

View Quote
As long as it equally effects California and the east coast combolc states with 1 feature awb's and mag limits I don't see a problem.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Personally what is happening in congress is exactly what I expected. Granted it is better than Democrat control, where there would most likely be significant anti-gun legislation, but I think the best we will get is the status quo with no pro-gun legislation passing. Plus I have my doubts on the constitutionality of nationwide CCW mandated by the federal government. I think that flies in the face of the 10th Amendment. Constitutional carry, yes, but forcing a state to recognize another's license does not look like it will fly. States do recognize drivers licenses but it was the states that created the system of standards and reciprocal recognition, not the Feds forcing them to. 

As as for the HPA... not going to happen. 
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I am sure the Dims will find a judge in Hawaii that will grant a nationwide injunction on anything pro-gun Congress tries to pass.

It's the DemocRAT way.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Cuomo wouldn't have to go that far. His own 2nd circuit already shot down the SAFE challenge at the first and second level. Cuomo already knows he'd win if SCOTUS didn't take it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Hopefully trump takes an interest in this bill if for no other reason then to put a thumb in cuomos eye
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I can bring feathers, who has tar?
View Quote
Whoever brings the tar must make it hot, bubbly hot.  Just so the feathers stick better!
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't care how unSafe is destroyed all I know is if it's not done by next presidential election I'll never bother to vote again.  Nor will NRA NYSRPA or 2AF ever get another dime.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am sure the Dims will find a judge in Hawaii that will grant a nationwide injunction on anything pro-gun Congress tries to pass.

It's the DemocRAT way.
View Quote
Empty your inbox, I'm trying to IM you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Oh brother

View Quote
The Federal Government wants total power over the States and has successfully usurped the Constitution specifically designed to LIMIT the Powers of the Fed.  The "States Rights" clause and applications are why the UN Safe Act didn't have much of a chance being unconstitutional in nature, especially since ".....Shall not be infringed." was long ago dismissed as dead tissue in a "living Document"  
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Not sure how a 10th Amendment suit would go over, considering the 2nd specifically states "....shall not be infringed"
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 5:49:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not sure how a 10th Amendment suit would go over, considering the 2nd specifically states "....shall not be infringed"
View Quote
Permits are not about the 2nd Amendment. In fact, it could be argued they in fact infringe but as noted above that clause is long since moot. 

I forgot to add that I think a "better" solution would be for a Federal permit instead of forcing the states to recognize each other's permits and their myriad of state level requirements. I am sure they could find a way to use the Interstate Commerce Clause and Federal supremacy to make it enforceable. 
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Permits are not about the 2nd Amendment. In fact, it could be argued they in fact infringe but as noted above that clause is long since moot. 

I forgot to add that I think a "better" solution would be for a Federal permit instead of forcing the states to recognize each other's permits and their myriad of state level requirements. I am sure they could find a way to use the Interstate Commerce Clause and Federal supremacy to make it enforceable. 
View Quote

That is dam funny !
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hopefully trump takes an interest in this bill if for no other reason then to put a thumb in cuomos eye
View Quote
I'd be fine with him backing it because his son encouraged him to.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd be fine with him backing it because his son encouraged him to.
View Quote
Collusion??? 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top