Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 6:14:39 PM EDT
A friend of the family (pretty much a grandfather) passed away back before Memorial Day. He left behind an H&R 622 and two very old S&W revolvers (a .38 s&w Safety and .32 s&w DA). We had to temporarily surrender them to Canandaigua PD until the paperwork was together and I could get them on my permit. Well, today on lunch I made the run downtown to the Monroe County clerk office and gor them added, then after work I made it to Canandaigua and picked them up. Everyone is very happy to have them back in "family" hands, even though I'm kinda related, it's complicated.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#1]
New York always makes sure that grieving family get screwed just one more time.  Resulted in me losing grandpa's handguns (they had to be sold because I was too young (9) and no one could get a permit fast enough) and me now having an (other grandpa's) unregistered car in my garage for a year now that I can't drive because it's apparently the first time someone has died with a car and had the estate gift it to a family member.

Glad it worked out for you.  Congrats.  It doesn't work out for everyone.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New York always makes sure that grieving family get screwed just one more time.  Resulted in me losing grandpa's handguns (they had to be sold because I was too young (9) and no one could get a permit fast enough) and me now having an (other grandpa's) unregistered car in my garage for a year now that I can't drive because it's apparently the first time someone has died with a car and had the estate gift it to a family member.

Glad it worked out for you.  Congrats.  It doesn't work out for everyone.
View Quote
Do what you need to do and what is right. Should have simply signed the papers to transfer. No taxes between family members.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
NY loves to find ways to screw you over. I'm just glad Monroe County is easy to deal with for pistols and the Canandaigua PD was a pleasure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top