Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 11:33:44 AM EDT
People often ask me what it's like to be a gun owner in New York. To live under what can only be called an oligarchic regime where the Bill of Rights is whimsically ignored by a group of permanent government inhabitants- simply because they can.

Where laws are passed in the middle of the night by despots who no longer represent the people- only baseless, empty political platitudes. Who further, make arguments not based on facts or substance, but only pathos pleas which they peddle with searing, dishonest hyperbole.

Whose courts rubber stamp their unconstitutional decisions because as political acolytes  they've lost all semblance of integrity, fairness and honesty.

Where opposition to this rampant despotism fades at the slightest hint of a challenge, because people lose their courage or simply fail to see the possibilities.  

I simply laugh, and recall that at New York's Constitutional Convention  they wouldn't even approve that sacred document without a guarantee The Second Amendment was included.

And remind them that when seconds count, help is only minutes away.

And advise them, when the only people who are properly armed are those with bad intentions, the predictable happens.

Then I ask them to watch this;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nUmKT43j4Tc&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
We've been fighting this battle for a hundred years, and with Gods blessing, perhaps between this President and Congress, and SCOTUS we may finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.....until then, we MUST keep supporting the organizations and folks that work for our Gun Rights, we MUST keep reminding our elected representatives at every level that we are dis-pleased at the infringements that have eroded our Rights and made criminals of us without due process.
"It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings!"  
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone took a college level creative writing course.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone took a college level creative writing course.
View Quote
well yes, but I've tired of inarticulate arguments providing fodder to bolster the anti-gun community's belief that we are all "hicks" and GD participants.  
Problem is when I get pissed, my typing skills fall far shorter than insight, and articulation.  
Oh, I just realized you were referring to (Marcus?) M-Aurelius  
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
People often ask me what it's like to be a gun owner in New York. To live under what can only be called an oligarchic regime where the Bill of Rights is whimsically ignored by a group of permanent government inhabitants- simply because they can.

Where laws are passed in the middle of the night by despots who no longer represent the people- only baseless, empty political platitudes. Who further, make arguments not based on facts or substance, but only pathos pleas which they peddle with searing, dishonest hyperbole.

Whose courts rubber stamp their unconstitutional decisions because as political acolytes  they've lost all semblance of integrity, fairness and honesty.

Where opposition to this rampant despotism fades at the slightest hint of a challenge, because people lose their courage or simply fail to see the possibilities.  

I simply laugh, and recall that at New York's Constitutional Convention  they wouldn't even approve that sacred document without a guarantee The Second Amendment was included.

And remind them that when seconds count, help is only minutes away.

And advise them, when the only people who are properly armed are those with bad intentions, the predictable happens.

Then I ask them to watch this;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nUmKT43j4Tc&feature=youtu.be
View Quote

I believe its as much a matter of location and the locals:  If you're rural in a pro-gun area where its common to see hunters/shooters, the there little care so long as Law Enforcement isn't invited...This is one part of the reason why NYC wasn't invited to the repeal of SAFE Act. Face it, if you showed up to a Range where I live, even the Cops would say "Cool! can I try it?" and down there it would be "GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND!"    There continues to be a lot of banter about "what has the NRA (or in our case NYSRPA) done for us?"  To answer that, one would have to research each and every issue presented.  Are not a dozen small win not as important as one big one? If it were as simple as buying a membership that would guarantee none of our Rights would be violated or Laws passed against, don't you think we all join? We've had Democrats and anti-gun rino Republicans in charge for the last eight years, they've done a lot of damage, damage that can be undone but we cannot slack off now that we have a Pro-Gun President and a slight majority on the Supreme Court (let's not forget the Circuit Courts that think  they have the duty to ignore SCOTUS rulings)  

California Lt. Governor Newsome pounded out how gun control laws have saved lives, well I content that gun control laws have cost lives, but noo, we're not going to talk about that....the hidden bottom line is eugenics: they  really don't want people of a social class deemed lower than their own....Think about this: used to be a line about "keeping the Black man down"  well brother, it ain't just the Black man they want down, perhaps that's why the gubberment offers their plantation, while funding the abortion clinic known as Planned Parenthood, and petty drug dealing comes at a harsher sentence than stealing someone's retirement fund.

There's an old saying: "If you shoot me, you'd damn well better kill me, else I'm comin' for you." Well its high time we finished the job.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top