Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 7:42:54 PM EDT
I guess this is the end of the Cuomo hunt. Preet asked to resign.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You may be right but think about it, if Preet wanted cuomo, think he would have had him already.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If Schumer is pushing back.. maybe its time to for him to be gone..
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If Schumer is pushing back.. maybe its time to for him to be gone..
View Quote

His demise is long over do...
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I simply can not be on the same side of an issue as Schumer. Sorry Preet. Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Trump and Sessions both said before that they want to keep Preet.  The resignation would have to be accepted by Trump, which he may very well wave off.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:53:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Bharara is a politician.   He took down skelos and silver knowing cuomo wouldn't complain.  If he did his job to the fullest he would have gone after unsafe under Rico and prosecuted schneiderman and that NYSP lackey.

Bharara pushed as far as he could given the conditions.  Clearly though that was deficient. And it was.  He didn't defend the constitution and didn't nail the big fish under Rico.  He did a good job when we need a spectacular job.  

NYS has prosecuted citizens under unsafe.   Bharara could have countered these but he refused to do so.  

We loved what bharara did with silver and skelos. But he did it the wrong way for the wrong reasons. It should have been a Rico case.  He filled the tank but did it with E85 when we needed jet fuel.  And thus he has to go.  And he knows that.  His strategy was flawed. Thus it be as it should.  He's had months to assault schneiderman and did nothing.  

Thanks preet for what you did.  It was far from good enough.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:24:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You may be right but think about it, if Preet wanted cuomo, think he would have had him already.
View Quote

Precisely.

No tears shed over this.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

It seemed to me that all he did was remove the dirtiest of the sacrificial lambs.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#10]
That guy was all talk no action when it came to the big fish. Lets hope Sessions and Trump assign a real badass to replace him.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

NYS has prosecuted citizens under unsafe.   Bharara could have countered these but he refused to do so.  
View Quote
I keep wondering on what grounds Preet could have countered.  The SAFE act has been upheld by the Second Circuit.  Without a SCOTUS ruling, there is no case law he could use to initiate such a case.  SAFE IS NOT a violation of the Second Amendment because the courts have said so.  If SCOTUS should rule the other way at some future date, and New York refuses to comply as I am sure they will, then there would be grounds.  I would certainly expect New York to go the way of DC and make so many onerous licensing, storage and registration rules that owning an MSR will be a right in name only.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Update - He's been fired.  So long pal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Update - He's been fired.  So long pal.
View Quote
Maybe we'll get someone to go after Deblasio and Cuomo now.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Maybe we'll get someone to go after Deblasio and Cuomo now.
View Quote

Prayers sent!

Preet refused to resign so Sessions fired him.  He would rather have 15 minutes of Demoncrap fame over a useful job.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm wondering why Bharara refused to submit his resignation, which is usually done as a matter of course, and instead dared the President, AG Sessions, et al. to fire him?

This all has to be to serve bigger political ambitions within the state and the Democrat Party. He can now make a part of his platform for statewide office that he "took a stand against Trump" by refusing to resign - nevermind the fact that that is the norm for all appointees when a new administration enters office. This is all more sizzle than steak, but perhaps it serves to sooth any hard feelings the hardcore Left (that makes up all too large part of the State Democrat Party, its leadership and electorate) may have toward him because of the prosecutions of Shelly Silver and others.

Looking ahead, I would love to see what a hard-charging US Attorney who doesn't owe anything to the national or state Democrat machine can do to clean up the sewer-dwelling political class in this state. 

Trump and Sessions can now wreak havoc upon the cleptocrats run that this state if they have the will to capitalize upon this opportunity. 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#16]
He got fired.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Fuck Preet.  He's a Clinton camp lackey and only investigated Cumhole so Hitlery wouldn't have to face him and his $40 million warchest in the primary.  When Princess agreed to play ball and stump for Hitlery, the investigation ended.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, bye.
The next guy needs to reopen the Cuomo case & prosecute him...
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't see any restoration of rights coming while I'm still living here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't see any restoration of rights coming while I'm still living here.
View Quote

Nope.. You will not.. Why i left NYS... Now I'm just waiting to see my house.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I keep wondering on what grounds Preet could have countered.  The SAFE act has been upheld by the Second Circuit.  Without a SCOTUS ruling, there is no case law he could use to initiate such a case.  SAFE IS NOT a violation of the Second Amendment because the courts have said so.  If SCOTUS should rule the other way at some future date, and New York refuses to comply as I am sure they will, then there would be grounds.  I would certainly expect New York to go the way of DC and make so many onerous licensing, storage and registration rules that owning an MSR will be a right in name only.
View Quote

The answer lies in the Obama administration playbook.   And Schneiderman's as well.   You ignore laws you don't like, set the expectations for subordinates, and file legal attacks.

First and foremost, Bharara could have cut Silver and Skelos a break if they'd admit that they (particularly Skelos) were coerced by Cuomo in the form of threats.  That's blackmail.  He could have gone after them for racketeering, because SAFE fits the bill for racketeering- introduce a false problem, then offer to solve it at the victims' expense.

Forget about Second Circus Court.   Bharara could still enforce 2A as it reads.  He could have prosecuted LEOs and others for violation of civil rights.   Remember all the anti-black laws down south?  Those backed by courts?   They got overturned by long-term social changes, but also by hammering LEOs and politicians with legal suits.   He could have done what prosecutors often do- throw shit at the wall and see what sticks.  

He could have instructed his subordinates: no federal charges for UNSAFE violations.   He could have submitted pro-2A amici for UNSAFE cases.     He could have gone after those rabid anti-2A politicians we know should be prosecuted, but somehow aren't like Rangle and Sharpton.    He could have strengthened and marketed (he's good at marketing) investigations of Flanigan so perhaps the senate would be controlled by someone from Upstate.    

But he did none of that.  We need a hammer with a bag full of nails behind him to beat 2A into the heads of every politician, LEO, etc.   Think of it this way:  if we could have prosecuted and removed every politician that enabled or voted for UNSAFE, we wouldn't need any corruption investigations.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the federal government alone decides the limits of their federal powers? "We the government"? When will it click that the federal courts are merely political appointees of a co-equal branch of the same federal government, and not superior to the other branches? Also, just because lawyers put on robes does not automatically make them superior beings.RBG comes to mind.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I agree, he did some good, but not enough. It's like a chess game, and maybe Silver and Skelos were just pawns to be sacrificed to appease us.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Everyone knows Andy is dirty as the day is long and that being the case Preet backed off or was told to back off and he listened.  If you can't do your job you gotta go.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Anybody know anything about Edward O’Callaghan?  There seems to be talk that he is in the running to replace Preet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like this guy will have a nice law suit.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5357519424001/?#sp=show-clips

Dinesh D'Souza: Preet Bharara is ruthless and deceitful
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sounds like this guy will have a nice law suit.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5357519424001/?#sp=show-clips

Dinesh D'Souza: Preet Bharara is ruthless and deceitful
View Quote

D'Souza made me rethink my opinion of Bharara.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#28]
yea, I'm NOT real happy about Preet's dismissal, but that in and of itself doesn't mean the fat lady has sung.  
At least he held his principles and was gracious in his statements concerning his firing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Link and discussion in GD about why Bharara was fired- ignoring corruption.     Just like he should have been fired for ignoring RICO/ UNSAFE.

note:  read the GD discussion, don't bother to hit the linked page inside, it takes too long to load and it's all copied a few posts down.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1975213_The-real-reason-New-York-US-Attorney-Preet-Bharara-was-asked-to-resign.html
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I read that thread in GD.  What did you expect from Sucky Chuckie's pet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top