Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2017 10:52:16 AM EDT
HAHA

I hope congress withholds funding for NYS and holds this ass into jail where he belongs.

Dear Friend:

This week, I sent a clear message to Republican Texas Congressman Lamar Smith, the Chair of the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology  – we won’t comply with his unlawful and unprecedented subpoena.

The subpoena is nothing more than an attempt to distract from, delay, and disrupt multiple state and federal investigations into whether ExxonMobil committed fraud.

In November 2015, I launched an investigation into whether Exxon violated State securities, business, and consumer fraud laws by misleading New York investors and consumers about the impact of climate change on its operations and finances.

This followed my settlement with Peabody Coal, which found that Peabody had violated New York law by making false and misleading statements about the impact of climate change on the company.

Lamar Smith’s intent to disrupt my Exxon investigation is clear.  No congressional committee has ever subpoenaed a state attorney general before – until Smith sent one to me, along with Massachusetts AG Maura Healey. And, as New York’s chief law enforcement officer, I cannot and will not provide Smith with confidential law enforcement investigation documents.

Know this: no matter what Lamar Smith sends our way, my investigation won’t be deterred.

Sincerely,
Eric Schneiderman
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Lock him up until he agrees to comply, make him miss every court appearance he is supposed to make.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can I make a citizen's arrest?
View Quote

You might get in trouble for abusing the prisoner.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
HAHA

No congressional committee has ever subpoenaed a state attorney general before – Sincerely,
Eric Schneiderman
View Quote

Because there was never such a corrupted AG, you dumbass!    It's nice for NY to be #1 for once!    Thanks, AG!

Oh wait, this is the same AG who is refusing a FOIL on the anti-UNSAFE rallies.  

Sounds like NYS has a transparency problem!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
... as New York’s chief law enforcement officer...
View Quote

Oh yeah?  Then why does Preet have to do his job for him these past years.

I hope the feds give him an extended stay room.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Schneiderman sounds like he has something to hide. Fuck him and Andy I hope their world is fucked.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can I make a citizen's arrest?
View Quote

41magluva and I will assist
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Will not comply... Thats been my moto for some time now. Fuck'em
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top