Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2017 7:04:42 PM EDT
At least I can stem the liberal tsunami by moving from NY to a free state while they last.   The guy is fucking sick.

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/politics/politics-on-the-hudson/2017/01/27/cuomos-agenda-draws-cheers-jeers-eye-2020/97156438/
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
He's got no chance, he stepped on his meat with the safe act and the rest of the country knows it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there anyone left who still thinks that NY is leading the way? He can't even come up with a believable lie.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Please god let him be the democrat front runner he'll be run over by the trump train.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Not going to happen. He barely carried NY against an opponent with 1/3 the budget he had. If gun owners in this would have gotten off their ass and voted he would have lost honestly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Regardless of what our rulers in the ASSembly and Senate say, we are going to have to be prepared to bend over and pay a heck of a lot more for the "privilege" of living in New York.  The legislature has little leeway in tweaking the governors budget.  It is pretty much an accept it as-is or reject it.  The Senate is complaining that the budget raises taxes and fees by $4.5 billion.  I fully expect those idiots convince Cuomo to shave $500 million from that and then crow in their periodic self-effacing mailings that they should be re-elected in November because they "saved" taxpayers $500 million while overlooking the fact that they raised taxes by $4 billion.

I so hate this state that I spend a lot more mental energy now trying to be the least monetarily productive for the state as possible and as little participatory in the system as possible.  If even 10% of the working class said @#$(* it and did as little as possible to feed the machine, Albany would have a fit.  I have never owned a property, tried a few times but next to impossible as a single on Long Island, but now am grateful I never took the plunge with the corruption and out of control taxes in Town of Oyster Bay, Nassau County and New York State.  It dawned on the me the other day, in a moment of brilliance I think, that maybe giving up on the idea of ever owning a property would be a good idea and to instead get a camper such as a large Winnebago and live a portable life.  I would have to dispose of 80% or more of my belongings but as I approach 55 this year it may not be a bad idea to start weeding out.  Cherished things would go into a large storage unit somewhere and residence would be wherever long term parking for campers is allowed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Regardless of what our rulers in the ASSembly and Senate say, we are going to have to be prepared to bend over and pay a heck of a lot more for the "privilege" of living in New York.  The legislature has little leeway in tweaking the governors budget.  It is pretty much an accept it as-is or reject it.  The Senate is complaining that the budget raises taxes and fees by $4.5 billion.  I fully expect those idiots convince Cuomo to shave $500 million from that and then crow in their periodic self-effacing mailings that they should be re-elected in November because they "saved" taxpayers $500 million while overlooking the fact that they raised taxes by $4 billion.

I so hate this state that I spend a lot more mental energy now trying to be the least monetarily productive for the state as possible and as little participatory in the system as possible.  If even 10% of the working class said @#$(* it and did as little as possible to feed the machine, Albany would have a fit.  I have never owned a property, tried a few times but next to impossible as a single on Long Island, but now am grateful I never took the plunge with the corruption and out of control taxes in Town of Oyster Bay, Nassau County and New York State.  It dawned on the me the other day, in a moment of brilliance I think, that maybe giving up on the idea of ever owning a property would be a good idea and to instead get a camper such as a large Winnebago and live a portable life.  I would have to dispose of 80% or more of my belongings but as I approach 55 this year it may not be a bad idea to start weeding out.  Cherished things would go into a large storage unit somewhere and residence would be wherever long term parking for campers is allowed.
View Quote

My wife's brother had that Winnebago idea too.  He drove around the southwest for a couple of years, spent his money on gas and repairs, and now lives squatting on a piece of land outside a podunk town in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico.  Lost a leg to diabetes and is half blind from alchohol.

Be careful.  Winnebagos are a slippery slope.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not going to happen. He barely carried NY against an opponent with 1/3 the budget he had. If gun owners in this would have gotten off their ass and voted he would have lost honestly.
View Quote

BINGO!
The fudds know a deer rifle or trap gun, so they figure they won't get behind the other gun owners because it doesn't  directly impact them...or at least has only been an armchair bitching point
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Even the Wife is beginning to embrace the idea of liquidating to minimalistic levels becoming nomadic.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If gun owners in this would have gotten off their ass and voted he would have lost honestly.
View Quote

morganfreeman.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top