Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2017 9:16:15 PM EDT
yep that's right!.... new york state would never issue me a pistol permit because my references lived in an adjoining county... I lived in Niagara Cnty and I didn't know anyone long enough or have anyone.. so I put down my Erie Cnty references.... I was DENIED!  even after a letter or two... so much for it being a NYS pistol permit...  so fast forward... I move to South Carolina this past summer... I take the CWP (concealed weapons permit) class which was $60 and included fingerprints...and then file my paperwork with the state (SLED)which was $50...
   so after only $110 and 73 days I was issued my CWP....
 I still can't state enough how much I am glad I no longer have to put up with all that BS!  I feel bad for my friends, and even my daughter that is still attending school .. she filed her paperwork with Niagara Cnty and was told it would be at least 12 months .... I think she will graduate and be down here before it is even approved... get out while you can... if you can...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrads and I agree... I cant wait to sell my house in NY and be done with that shite hole...

You have a requirement to make sure 4 liberals in SC move to NY we need to keep the communist contained.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
60 days for my CCW, $99.  But that was in 2003. 
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#3]
$25 and 15 minutes in pa.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I moved to Arizona open or concealed carry no permit required free America is beautiful ! I will eventually get the Arizona permit simply because it eliminates a nics check on purchases and gives reciprocity with about 30 western states.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Ohio was like $75 and took 22 hours from the time of submitting the application.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ohio was like $75 and took 22 hours from the time of submitting the application.
View Quote

Same except 23 hours. I taught a CHL class in January and one of the people got theirs in 3.5 hours. Dropped of their paper work at 11:15a and at 3:15p he got a call saying it was ready for him. Even I was impressed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I had no idea NY was so terrible for gun rights and other states were much better. Thanks for the info

Congrats on your CCW permit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top