Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2017 3:42:28 PM EDT

Oh the memories of going into town on freezing cold nights to get kerosene at the Busy Bee.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Which one?
I do not fondly recall the stench of donut grease from the one near our house.
One of the coolest dogs ever used to get a donut there every day though...
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The one we always bought fuel at was in Cobleskill. Mostly bought Kero, gas and snacks, the food worried me too much. One of those places that seemed like it was there forever, which is what made it such a shock when it closed. In reality it was probably just the lack of perspective that comes from being a kid, things seem like a long time when they're really not.

The cup reminds me of times passed, and friends/family passed on. Getting in from the hunting woods, quick to change clothes and rush to town to the Busy Bee so we didn't run out and freeze all night.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Same brand in Valero gas stations?

ETA: Busy Bee Corp
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#4]
We had a Busy Bee but I think it was unrelated to the chain you're thinking of, and probably pre-dated yours.
Long gone now....
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same brand in Valero gas stations?

ETA: Busy Bee Corp
View Quote

Dunno... there's another unrelated (as far as I know) chain down in FL  and maybe GA as well.  

The one I always went to closed...  +/- 1990?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe the one in Glen Cove,  Long Island lasted until the early 2000's. It was one of the many places that brought a unique flavor to the area. 
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe the one in Glen Cove,  Long Island lasted until the early 2000's. It was one of the many places that brought a unique flavor to the area. 
View Quote
Where in Glen Cove was it?  I do not recall it.  I still remember Arthur Treacher's on Forest Avenue near the hospital, which is now Taco Bell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top