Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2016 11:51:27 PM EDT
http://www.ammoland.com/2016/12/new-york-residents-fall-into-nysafeact-trap/#axzz4SmU0Q300

"The negative effect of cases like the foregoing is to deter citizens from seeking mental-health care/counseling. Even seeing a marriage councilor may get your pistol-permit suspended"

http://www.newyorklawjournal.com/id=1202759839981/PostCommitment-Court-Orders-Return-of-Firearms?slreturn=20161113225431

http://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/other-courts/2016/2016-ny-slip-op-26180.html

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a slippery slope, I have heard a rumor that the state wants to expand on this by having pharmacies report whenever anyone gets a prescription for mental health drugs (anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, ect..), then they can deny (or revoke) pistol permits, registered assault weapons, HUNTING License's, etc.., anything gun related.
With the commie pricks in charge in Albany I have no reason to believe they would not try this! You know, if it saves just one life!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
There will be all out fucking rejection of that bull shit.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Only thing I've gotten prescribed is penicillin.  Hope I'm not on the terror watch list now. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only thing I've gotten prescribed is penicillin.  Hope I'm not on the terror watch list now. 
View Quote

Were you nice enough to notify her about needing the penicillin?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She knew about my root canal. 
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have heard a rumor that the state wants to expand on this by having pharmacies report whenever anyone gets a prescription for mental health drugs (anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, ect..),
View Quote

Interesting rumor. But they would have to rely on pharmacies actually making the reports. There has to be an easier way.

What if Cuomo signed a law requiring nurse practitioners, midwives, dentists, podiatrists, physicians, physician assistants and optometrists in New York State to issue all prescriptions electronically directly to a pharmacy? Then the state could have direct access to this database and see every medication you were prescribed.

Oh, wait, they already did that...... see New York Public Health Law Section 281

3.   .... no person shall issue any prescription in this state unless such prescription is made by electronic prescription from the person issuing the prescription to a pharmacy in accordance with such regulatory standards..."

4. In the case of a prescription for a controlled substance issued by a practitioner under paragraph (b) of subdivision three of this section, the practitioner shall file information about the issuance of such prescription with the department as soon as practicable, as set forth in regulation.

5. In the case of a prescription for a controlled substance issued by a practitioner under paragraph (d) or (e) of subdivision three of this section, the practitioner shall, upon issuing such prescription, file information about the issuance of such prescription with the department by electronic means, as set forth in regulation.

http://codes.findlaw.com/ny/public-health-law/pbh-sect-281.html#sthash.cIGcdNWs.dpuf.

https://www.health.ny.gov/professionals/narcotic/
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There will be all out fucking rejection of that bull shit.
View Quote

Are you sure? See my last post.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#8]
The electronic prescription mandate has been in effect for quite some time.
I expect the original premise was the control over narcotics, but then again how many times has something been implemented with "good intentions" only to be turned into a good screwing over.  
The over-reach will continue; you can bet on it.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I would think current Hippaa laws would affect that
View Quote

LOL  That issue was already brought up with the requirement to have mental health professionals report their patients to the State Police.  Guess what?  U.S. DOJ decided to look the other way because they support the idea even if it is a violation of HIPAA.  At this moment, about the only person you can still confide in that has not yet been required to report is your parish priest (and/or other religious person).  
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#11]
[b] the only person you can still confide in that has not yet been required to report is your parish priest (and/or other religious person).  
View Quote

With this Pope even this won't last, it wont be long before he jumps on the bandwagon with the rest of his commie friends!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Isn't the unSAFE act website a trap as well? It's still up and still "accepting" registrations. Anyone who registers may get a visit since they are well past the date. No?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Isn't the unSAFE act website a trap as well? It's still up and still "accepting" registrations. Anyone who registers may get a visit since they are well past the date. No?
View Quote

You can still legally register c and r rifles  and magazines.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And every passing day creates more & more C&R AR15 rifles. As of now every Colt AR15 rifle Serial #SP43801 & below is a C&R.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you sure? See my last post.
View Quote

Not sure about anything in NY with the exception that my family and I are out of this state ASAP.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#17]
There are 100% people out there who are afraid to seek help because of the implications.  Even worse, you can't even store a friend's guns for a few weeks while they sort things out.  They either have to be kept, sold or lost forever.  Absurd.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There are 100% people out there who are afraid to seek help because of the implications.  Even worse, you can't even store a friend's guns for a few weeks while they sort things out.  They either have to be kept, sold or lost forever.  Absurd.
View Quote

From Webster's dictionary
TYRANNY
1.  oppressive power exerted by government <the tyranny of a police force>
2.  a rigorous condition imposed by some outside agency or force.

We are fucked, lets hope the swamp gets drained.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Chapter 2

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Gun-confiscation-prompts-lawsuit-10818702.php?cmpid=fb-desktop
View Quote

44,485 of how many MSRs in circulation?  What a joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top