Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2016 9:12:26 AM EDT
Winding road to Andy?

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Federal prosecutors on Thursday announced corruption charges against nine defendants, including a former close aide to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, over their roles in alleged bribery and fraud schemes tied to the awarding of large state contracts and other activities.

The defendants include Joseph Percoco, a former executive deputy secretary to Cuomo, and Alain Kaloyeros, president of SUNY Polytechnic Institute, prosecutors said.

Also charged was Todd Howe, a lobbyist who according to published reports has been cooperating with prosecutors.

(Reporting by Jonathan Stempel in New York)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/corruption-charges-unveiled-york-123804534--finance.html?ref=gs
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Winding road to Andy?

View Quote

Na, Andy hardly knew Percoco, its not like they were brothers from different mothers or anything.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't find the info graphic showing the web of connections, but Preet just cut down 100% of anyone Cuomo has had help him with every economic development project...  Just waiting for the hammer to drop on him.  Ain't no way his top aides, everyone involved in contracts for his signature projects, etc are corrupt and him innocent.  No way.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
speaking of...

The complaint alleges that Percoco used his official position as executive deputy secretary to the governor from January 2012 until 2014 and then again in 2015 to seek bribes from executives at companies with business before the state. Those bribes at times came through a third party intermediary and bank accounts and a shell company set up by Todd Howe, a longtime lobbyist who first met both Percoco and Cuomo while working for Cuomo’s father, Mario, during his time as governor in the 1980s. The complaint alleges that Howe arranged for more than $315,000 in bribe payments to go to Percoco and his wife, Lisa Toscano-Percoco, who is not named in the complaint.

Howe is cooperating with prosecutors, according to the complaint.

The complaint involves other players and projects reported for months to be central to Bharara’s investigation, including Ciminelli, a prominent developer who secured work part of Cuomo’s Buffalo Billion program; Steven Aiello, president of Syracuse-based COR Development, a company that won contracts for nanotechnology development upstate; and Peter Galbraith Kelly Jr., who is in charge of external affairs and government relations for Competitive Power Ventures, which is building an Orange County power plant.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#5]
NY is open for business!  

*if you are willing to climb into bed with scumbags!
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll believe it when I see Cuomo frogmarched into a jail cell.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Preet: "I really do hope that there's a trial in this case so all NYers can see in gory detail what their state government has been up to."
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems like the Princess is again off the hook. The only thing left is to pray for is a lightning bolt striking him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Preet: "I really do hope that there's a trial in this case so all NYers can see in gory detail what their state government has been up to."

Look into any of the public benefit corporations and many questions will be answered. These corporation have very little over site and can easily be circumvent there are no checks and balances required ." How much was that bond issue"?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing happens in this administration without Andrews approval.
As he proclaimed himself. "I am a control freaks, control freak".

That being said, he knows how to insulate himself and has his stooges do all of his bidding.

His father, Shelly and a host of others wrote the ethics/legislation that permits them a wide berth of a gray area to subvert the "spirit of the law" without breaking it.

Those who have succumbed to greed and are undiciplined in their avarice get indicted.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Sooner or later someone who is realistically facing the enigma of having his asshole enlarged will roll-over on the biggest asshole of them all, at which time he'll loudly proclaim how he "did nothing wrong" and "will prove my innocence in Court" how it "was a mistake made by junior Staffers" bla, bla, bla.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#12]
And then we get schneiderman.  He's the worst of all- tasked with taking down corruption yet turns a blind eye to that in his regime.  Wait till he's governor it will be payback time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard of an agency somewhere in NY had hired a retired FBI agent as their new internal affairs director. He resigned after 2 months, I wonder why? Oh ,by the way, its the lead agency heading Buffalo Billions and the rest of Shit-Up-NY programs.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And then we get schneiderman.  He's the worst of all- tasked with taking down corruption yet turns a blind eye to that in his regime.  Wait till he's governor it will be payback time.
View Quote
He will not even investigate the corrupt Republican administrations in Nassau County.  The Democrat's will not touch it either because, it is believed, it would show exactly how little the new Congresswoman Kathleen Rice actually did to fight it as DA.  Many issues of corruption, malfeasance, etc. were filed while she was DA and all "mysteriously" disappeared.  Now the new DA, also a Democrat, will not touch any of that because they have to keep the predecessor (and Congresswoman) looking good.  She is running for election (again).  Issues have been brought to the AG and a letter is simply sent back that says, in essence, nothing to see here, move along.  This is why Preet is the only one really doing anything about it in this state.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Chess, not checkers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope these fuckers squeal.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I hope these fuckers squeal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Chess, not checkers.
View Quote

Andy is playing solitaire.
Scneiderman is playing poker with a stacked deck
Preet is playing checkers.
Most true Americans have been so financially constrained they can't afford a chess table
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top