Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2016 10:05:59 AM EDT
We are #1 in exporting our people (taxpaying people, not FSA)

http://nypost.com/2016/09/15/taxpayers-are-fleeing-new-york-in-droves/

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#1]
We were almost part of that number, but no, we moved out in February of 2015. And yeah, the main reasons we moved were property taxes, houses in Long Island were just too expensive and the schools in Roosevelt were not the greatest. Although I was not making $200K a year, I was still making over $100K a year. NY still took over $4K from me last year, but that will be the last time they take anything else form me! I got my refund just last month! They're quick to take your taxes but so slow to give you your refund!!

Another reason for the move was that Long Island was just becoming the land of houses, private communities and malls. If I wanted to race one of my cars I either had to risk getting arrested or drive an hour and a half to Englishtown! So yeah, did my share of street races!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
My plan is to eventually get out of New York BEFORE I take one nickel out of my 401K (thus keeping New York from ever seeing a dime of money I was able to legally keep from them in the first place).
I have given up on the dream of ever owning a home here on Long Island and will leave that for retirement (if ever).  Between the impossible taxes and fees here (Nassau looking for yet another huge increase in fees and Town of Oyster Bay looking for 15% more in taxes) and the out-of-control corruption that is just getting worse, I cannot stomach paying one dime more to the government than I have to.  And the idea of having an anchor around my neck in the form of property makes me sick to even think about now.  My second biggest fear is of all these people fleeing New York and taking their Progressive New York way of thinking with them only to foul up another part of the country.  Much like Californians tend to do when they migrate to the other western states.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:38:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My plan is to eventually get out of New York BEFORE I take one nickel out of my 401K (thus keeping New York from ever seeing a dime of money I was able to legally keep from them in the first place).

View Quote

I can promise you not a cent of my 401K will go to NY.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
i left on june 2nd of this year. Just back up to close pool with kids 18 months and house goes up. once it sold im never coming back
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a $20,000 exclusion for two years with no state tax being paid to NY from your 401K.  Monthly, quarterly, annually and it has to be for 24 months.

Now you have an excuse to stay two more years
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
20 years to go...
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Freedom is amazing guys, I pray you can all get out and experience it....
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Uh, yea...NO!

Much like Californians tend to do when they migrate to the other western states.

Austin, TX is the new leftest bastion and the natives are fit to be tied.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Busted a move at end of June and am now enjoying free Arizona ! Lower taxes more freedom lower overall cost of living and higher wages ( my wife is running the same job as back in ny but better working conditions and $200 a week higher wage)  no permit required for concealed or open carry.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have given up on the dream of ever owning a home here on Long Island and will leave that for retirement (if ever).  Between the impossible taxes and fees here (Nassau looking for yet another huge increase in fees and Town of Oyster Bay looking for 15% more in taxes) and the out-of-control corruption that is just getting worse, I cannot stomach paying one dime more to the government than I have to.  And the idea of having an anchor around my neck in the form of property makes me sick to even think about now.  My second biggest fear is of all these people fleeing New York and taking their Progressive New York way of thinking with them only to foul up another part of the country.  Much like Californians tend to do when they migrate to the other western states.
View Quote

Is that when we change NY for the better?

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Funny how many NYers I run into here in SC... the majority of them don't own firearms, they said they left because of the taxes or weather.   I left  because  AC said there was no place in NY for people like me

ETA: Oh... and I'm not a felon for having standard capacity mags  here!
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Will never happen:

1) For every fed up New Yorker who leaves, you have probably three additional ones being created through birth or immigration.  They just keep making more progressives.

2) Plus the old sewage/wine analogy applies: add a few drops of wine to a barrel of sewage and you have sewage.  Add a few drops of sewage to a barrel of wine and you have sewage.  Just a few hardcore New York Progressives would still make the state a living hell.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Funny how many NYers I run into here in SC... the majority of them don't own firearms, they said they left because of the taxes or weather.   I left  because  AC said there was no place in NY for people like me

ETA: Oh... and I'm not a felon for having standard capacity mags  here!
View Quote

Me too. I run into many transplanted Yankees like me here in SC. Most all left because of gun laws.
Life in SC is awesome. I wish I had moved earlier. New York blows, nothing there is worth staying for.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 2:28:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#17]
It's all part of the plan to turn/ solidify Upstate as blue.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:47:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Funny how many NYers I run into here in SC... the majority of them don't own firearms, they said they left because of the taxes or weather.
View Quote

When I first went to the bank here everyone working there was from NY except for one guy, he was from NJ. I've also run into former NYers working at my vet, supermarket, doctor's offices, cell phone store, and UPS Store. My one doctor is also from NY. All said they left because of cost of living/taxes.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top