Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2016 4:28:23 AM EDT
Hi all, I recently put an ad out on a raced out glock 35.
This glock was used for shoot USPSA limited major so it comes with 140mm 18 rounds mags.

A potential buyer is from New York, can I sell to him?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends.

Gun yes, mags depends on buyers LEO status
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends.

Gun yes, mags depends on buyers LEO status
View Quote

10-4
Sent him pics of gun and never mentioned mags.  If sold to him it.would be mailed to his FFL.

Also just for clarification, only 10 round mags in NY correct?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#4]
You can send them mags as well, it's 100% legal for the FFL to have them. What they do with them at that point is not your concern. He may want to sell them online himself and have the FFL ship them to the buyer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You can send them mags as well, it's 100% legal for the FFL to have them. What they do with them at that point is not your concern. He may want to sell them online himself and have the FFL ship them to the buyer.
View Quote

That's good to know.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Its the responsibility of the FFL in NY to ensure the gun and mags are compliant with NYS laws before he does the transfer to the buyer.   The shipping FFL (all guns coming into NY must be sent from an FFL, no private party shipments can be sent to NY) carries no responsibility when shipping to another FFL. Many FFL's from other states do not understand this.

The FFL doing the transfer to the NY resident is the one who carries the burden of ensuring the person can legally possess said firearm. Its the same as any other transfer in any other state. The person shipping a gun to an FFL in Kentucky has no legal responsibility other than ensuring the FFL is currently licensed (ATF EZ check). its the FFL receiving the firearm that carries the responsibility of ensuring the receiver is not a prohibited person.

As said by previous posters, the FFL can take those mags and sell them out of state, or swap them with 10 round mags in another gun for a LEO, and then give the 10 round mags to the buyer.

A local shop only orders glocks with full cap mags because they are easier to get than ones with 10 round mags. When the guns arrive, if he sells to a non LEO, he takes out the mags and drops in 10 rounders. The full cap mags he sells online or to LEOs and agencies.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Its the responsibility of the FFL in NY to ensure the gun and mags are compliant with NYS laws before he does the transfer to the buyer.   The shipping FFL (all guns coming into NY must be sent from an FFL, no private party shipments can be sent to NY) carries no responsibility when shipping to another FFL. Many FFL's from other states do not understand this.

The FFL doing the transfer to the NY resident is the one who carries the burden of ensuring the person can legally possess said firearm. Its the same as any other transfer in any other state. The person shipping a gun to an FFL in Kentucky has no legal responsibility other than ensuring the FFL is currently licensed (ATF EZ check). its the FFL receiving the firearm that carries the responsibility of ensuring the receiver is not a prohibited person.

As said by previous posters, the FFL can take those mags and sell them out of state, or swap them with 10 round mags in another gun for a LEO, and then give the 10 round mags to the buyer.

A local shop only orders glocks with full cap mags because they are easier to get than ones with 10 round mags. When the guns arrive, if he sells to a non LEO, he takes out the mags and drops in 10 rounders. The full cap mags he sells online or to LEOs and agencies.
View Quote

were is this written because i can not find it anywhere  ( the bold )
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a regulation imposed by the NY State Police. All FFL's in the state must also be licensed by the State Police to be a dealer. Therefore, they follow the rules of both ATF and the NYSP if they want to deal in firearms...
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Its a regulation imposed by the NY State Police. All FFL's in the state must also be licensed by the State Police to be a dealer. Therefore, they follow the rules of both ATF and the NYSP if they want to deal in firearms...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i can not find this regulation written anywhere
and you do not need to be licensed by the NYSP  to sell long guns only handguns,
i just got my FFL a few weeks ago, as was informed that i need a nys DEALERS LICENSE only if i wish to deal in handguns and gunsmithing
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]
We are talking about a glock 35....

Call the NYSP and ask them if you can receive a glock 35 from a private individual from out of state. Let us know what they say.

I think they even have a special number for FFL's to call for questions.

I have dealers that are personal friends and they both have said the same thing to me. I trust them to give me a straight answer.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We are talking about a glock 35....

Call the NYSP and ask them if you can receive a glock 35 from a private individual from out of state. Let us know what they say.

I think they even have a special number for FFL's to call for questions.

I have dealers that are personal friends and they both have said the same thing to me. I trust them to give me a straight answer.
View Quote

what i am asking is where is this a written regulation
can anyone comfirm
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The part in bold is absolutely not true. I have private party sales sent to my FFL all the time. One of the core components of the so called SAFE act is that all private party sales now MUST go through an FFL.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The part in bold is absolutely not true. I have private party sales sent to my FFL all the time. One of the core components of the so called SAFE act is that all private party sales now MUST go through an FFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For handguns shipping from out of state?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top