Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2016 10:18:43 AM EDT
All,
What are the regs for a non-resident purchasing high cap mags from a New York state resident?
These happen to be Glock Gen 4 magazines...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless he is a police officer they are illegal for him to possess.  I wouldn't send a money order to someone that dumb.
View Quote

What Aimless is trying to say is that it's perfectly legal for you to purchase them, but you cannot possess them in NY so make sure he ships them to you at your PA address.  Don't go in person to NY to buy them.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What Aimless is trying to say is that it's perfectly legal for you to purchase them, but you cannot possess them in NY so make sure he ships them to you at your PA address.  Don't go in person to NY to buy them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless he is a police officer they are illegal for him to possess.  I wouldn't send a money order to someone that dumb.

or have him meet you over the border
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow where did you find 1000 round magazines?  They must be real hard to hold up with only one hand.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wouldn't buy illegal anything from anyone over the internet. someone is selling illegal (whatever) why would you think they are going to send you anything?
View Quote

With a 95%+ non-compliance rate in NY, I can see where somebody decides to sell or trade in their Glock with the 10 round mag and sells the "high cap" mags separately.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Somebody probably just found them in the cushions of their couch, decided it's not worth the risk.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Only illegal in NY, you think the mail police are gonna get you? Actually I'm surprised he's getting rid of them I'm also surprised at some of the answers here.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Selling them to make them legal again. Lets all sing Born Free. So by buying those mags, he's helping fight crime.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I wouldn't buy illegal anything from anyone over the internet. someone is selling illegal (whatever) why would you think they are going to send you anything?
View Quote
    For fucks sake....   Cuomo makes some metal and plastic boxes illegal and now anyone who has one is a scumbag?????

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

For fucks sake....   Cuomo makes some metal and plastic boxes illegal and now anyone who has one is a scumbag?????

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ding, ding, ding! What has he won Alex?

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably a timeout.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is not explicitly stated in the OP, but if the seller is a NY licensed firearms dealer, it would also be legal for them to possess and sell to a PA resident even though they could not sell to a NY resident.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yeah I figured out who it was and he claims an ffl has them
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is not explicitly stated in the OP, but if the seller is a NY licensed firearms dealer, it would also be legal for them to possess and sell to a PA resident even though they could not sell to a NY resident.

We are all entitled to our own opinions on issues, but I'm reading this like you ran an active investigation to find the "perpetrator" of this alleged "crime" and bring him to justice?  Wow!

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you contact the hotline?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We are all entitled to our own opinions on issues, but I'm reading this like you ran an active investigation to find the "perpetrator" of this alleged "crime" and bring him to justice?  Wow!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the ways people cope with living under a tyrannical regime/police state is to convince themselves that it can't happen to them because [insert reason of choice].

A very popular reason is, "As long as I follow the laws and don't cause any trouble."

One side effect of this is that it makes people get very angry and even outraged at those who don't follow the laws, even laws that they themselves thinks may be unjust.

This may not describe anyone here. Then again, it may. Everyone can decide for themselves.

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I think it's because this place is full of paranoid doomsayers with tinfoil hats who worship the institutions that oppress them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's better than what I was thinking... I was thinking it was a sting operation or something like that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:59:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
All,
What are the regs for a non-resident purchasing high cap mags from a New York state resident?
These happen to be Glock Gen 4 magazines...

Thanks!
View Quote

There are no "regs" for the situation you describe.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#26]
get his phone number and call him, ask if he is LEO or a FFL holder, if he is either, buy them if the price is right.

you can have them

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this ^^^^

if he is a dealer he can sell them.  no big deal.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:35:22 AM EDT
[#28]
so the guy has a ny address how do you know he doesnt have the mags stashed in a safe location over the border in a free country like many have done with thier previously legal  hunks of plastic and metal that were purchased legally and owned legally and without recourse were made illegal overnight.. yeah theres no one posting on here anymore because the people that are still on here probably wont even go to a appleseed event for fear of the repercussions? whats it your business if he buys or sells? i dont even understand the mindset of those who won sell to a nys resident, lets face it the onus is on the buyer not the seller but the way people react to nys its as though the seller committed some crime. the laws are unjust and tyrannical. and people bend over backwards to show compliance. .    mass refusal would be a far better choice but sheep dont massively refuse
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

i dont even understand the mindset of those who won sell to a nys resident, lets face it the onus is on the buyer not the seller but the way people react to nys its as though the seller committed some crime.

View Quote

Yes, but New York State and City have a history of going after out-of-state dealers.  Just ask a couple of gun stores in Georgia and Virginia about the a$$ reaming they got from Bloomberg and the oversight agreements they had to make to stave off lawsuits.  The state may not be able to go after these places with criminal charges, based on New York law, but they can use the civil courts and ATF to make them miserable just the same.  I fully understand dealers scared to deal with anyone in New York.  For all they know, it is yet another undercover sting operation being run buy a mayor, DA or police organization.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes, but New York State and City have a history of going after out-of-state dealers.  Just ask a couple of gun stores in Georgia and Virginia about the a$$ reaming they got from Bloomberg and the oversight agreements they had to make to stave off lawsuits.  The state may not be able to go after these places with criminal charges, based on New York law, but they can use the civil courts and ATF to make them miserable just the same.  I fully understand dealers scared to deal with anyone in New York.  For all they know, it is yet another undercover sting operation being run buy a mayor, DA or police organization.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i dont even understand the mindset of those who won sell to a nys resident, lets face it the onus is on the buyer not the seller but the way people react to nys its as though the seller committed some crime.

And none of this has to do with the original question whatsoever.

ETA:  OP, did you buy the magazines or what?

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:04:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Some of you guys are lame asses!  Keep perpetuating the Left's agenda!  Live in fear, comply with insane laws!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top