Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2016 4:35:56 PM EDT
You guys see this yet?  What is that, and how do they ever expect these charges to stick??

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/queens-man-arrested-huge-weapons-stockpile-17-guns-article-1.2527173
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I can only figure the arrest was for the smokeless powder ( says he had reloading equip)
The city has as an admin code limit on powder 25 or 50lbs or something.
So if they collared him for that then all the other stuff would be add-on charges

And yes I do expect the charges to stick
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Guo Shou, 33, of Rego Park, had 225 pounds of gunpowder, tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition, bullet-making equipment, assault rifles and several bullet proof vests, according to Queens District Attorney Richard Brown.
View Quote

Last paragraph...

All told, cops seized: 14 licensed handguns, which were not properly secured in a safe; two loaded licensed shotguns; one licensed rifle; approximately 45,000 rounds of ammunition for multiple weapons; two Kevlar body armor vests; and six Kevlar armor plates.
View Quote

So he had a 1 licensed rifle, but the paper is saying he had multiple assault rifles? So the NYPD licensed his assault rifle? Uhhh no.

So everything was licensed?

Not a crime

Not a crime

Not a crime

The ONLY thing I can think of is having the gunpowder is a FDNY violation...but it is not a crime...and even so, having gunpowder as an individual may not even be a violation in NYC...most of those laws apply to organizations / businesses (like shooting ranges and gun stores)...not someone's home.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can only figure the arrest was for the smokeless powder ( says he had reloading equip)
The city has as an admin code limit on powder 25 or 50lbs or something.
So if they collared him for that then all the other stuff would be add-on charges

And yes I do expect the charges to stick
View Quote

What other stuff, though?  Nothing there sounds illegal to me.  Post has an article, too, full of crap hit piece, though, with the sensationalism of how his apartment is close to a school and it's a residential area, blah blah blah.  Also mentioned unassembled ar-15 and ar-10 parts, which is also bs unless maybe they are receivers, and how he was "caught with licenced handguns".  The stupidity and evilness of the media never ceases to amaze me.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So he had a 1 licensed rifle, but the paper is saying he had multiple assault rifles? So the NYPD licensed his assault rifle? Uhhh no.

View Quote

I'm guessing one rifle was licensed and several were not
NYC doesn't allow body armor?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Far as I know there is no law against it.  Seems he also had 3 standard capacity mags ("high capacity" bullshit)...

Reckless endangerment and criminal possession of weapon, I guess for the powder and the unregistered firearm and mags?

What in the world is an administrative licensee review?  They knock on your door and ask to look around??  They really have nothing better to do?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#6]
He's a USPSA and 3 gun shooter, so while the amount of ammo seems like a lot to most, horrific to the general public, in reality it's not a lot.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#7]
If the as yet unknown arfcom member in this ordeal can afford 50K rounds of ammo, 250lbs powder and the due dilligence and connections needed to legally obtain 14 pistols he can probably hire a pretty decent lawyer which should shred all of these charges into nothing.

I'm surprised a guy who enjoys guns THAT MUCH actually lives in NYC and all of it's bullshit hoops to jump through, though. Plenty of cheap property in Pennsylvania to be had.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Another news source said he had a legal AR15 and AR10 in NYC.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Since when do weapons (and other things) have to be illegal for cops to arrest you for them?

This is New York.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:07:07 PM EDT
[#10]
CHRISTFUCK, GO LOCK UP SOME ISIS JIHADI TERRORIST ASSHOLES OR EVEN AL SHARPTON, NOT SOME DUDE WITH LICENSED FIREARMS AND A LITTLE BIT OF AMMO!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
CHRISTFUCK, GO LOCK UP SOME ISIS JIHADI TERRORIST ASSHOLES..........
View Quote

Not allowed.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Far as I know there is no law against it.  Seems he also had 3 standard capacity mags ("high capacity" bullshit)...
Reckless endangerment and criminal possession of weapon, I guess for the powder and the unregistered firearm and mags?
What in the world is an administrative licensee review?  They knock on your door and ask to look around??  They really have nothing better to do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been saying it for years, once you have a pistol license you surrender ALL of your rights.  Every conversation of any consequence with the police from the day you pick up your license to the day you die or have it revoked will always center around your license if you stick around long enough for them to figure out you have one.  You have no rights to challenge a search anymore.  The line becomes "Consent to the search/interview/etc or I'm calling to have your license suspended, and I'll do it in such a way that you will never get it back.  Then we can search your house for all of the guns, and since they're small enough to hide anywhere, we get to look everywhere (checking the safe last of course)."  Then box up the ammo, which cannot be returned but will be "destroyed."

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Fuck this state, everything is illegal

Shit you just jay walked?   Better raid your house to make sure you arent a radical white dude
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#14]
The Peoples Republic of NYC!
I did not know about vest's legality, but nothing else seemed to be illegal!

FUAC  FUDiB
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#15]
This would be a good case for a Constitutional challenge.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This would be a good case for making Jack boots reconsider their dental plan.  Go in peace or Molon Labe.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This would be a good case for making Jack boots reconsider their dental plan.  Go in peace or Molon Labe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't hate the police! They are just following orders and keeping you safe! It's not their fault that their fuhrer orders them to violate people's rights and ruin their lives. They need to earn a paycheck just like everyone else.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don't hate the police! They are just following orders and keeping you safe! It's not their fault that their fuhrer orders them to violate people's rights and ruin their lives. They need to earn a paycheck just like everyone else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait... What about Nuremberg then? Goes both ways I would think
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic...
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My meter is broken
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:25:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My meter is broken
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My meter is broken

Yes, I was being sarcastic. And Nuremberg is a fair reference, but perhaps a bit extreme at this point. The word "collaborator" comes to mind when I read articles like this though, and I think that is a good word to use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top