User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 10:03:49 AM EDT
Pun intended.

Rochester Police Department: Multiple people shot in Rochester
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s4040886.shtml?cat=565
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you really think the intention of the Safe Act was to reduce crime?  

Really?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Cuomo reported that if it wasn't for the SAFE act their might of been 9 people shot.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cuomo reported that if it wasn't for the SAFE act their might of been 9 people shot.
View Quote

Now that's funny...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Six o'clock rustlers again?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
..The shooting happened shortly after 2 a.m. Sunday at the Mexican Village nightclub...
...The victims range in age from 16 to 30 years of age....

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Six o'clock rustlers again?
View Quote
I think that means bandit at your 6?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to mention that Rochester's own firearm code is tougher than SAFE on some aspects (e.g., mag capacity is 5-rounds, fixed or detachable; flash hiders are no go even for fixed mag, etc.)  The only place with tougher gun laws is this state (country?) is NYC.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
So a normal day on Lyell Ave, in other words.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did you really think the intention of the Safe Act was to reduce crime?  

Really?
View Quote

Me? Not for a new york minute.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So a normal day on Lyell Ave, in other words.
View Quote
Or anywhere near Mt. Read.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#11]
These shootings seem to happen more frequent at bars. Usually it's some kind of argument over a woman or something. I think it's time to add bars and women to the safe act?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
These shootings seem to happen more frequent at bars. Usually it's some kind of argument over a woman or something. I think it's time to add bars and women to the safe act?
View Quote

Close, but wrong direction.

The framers of 2A readily recognized that problems with arms had, did, and would continue to exist.  Thus the "shall not be infringed".  

2A is very short, and yes, it encompasses so much freedom- and so much danger- with no limitations available.    It has no exceptions for MSRs,  schools, felons or Lautenberg victims.

What 2A says- without words- is "FIND ANOTHER WAY".

If guns and bars are a problem, ban bars.  Or close them at 9pm.

If psychos with guns shoot up schools, lock up the psychos (I have yet to see one of these incidences where people who knew the shooter were surprised).    Or allow teachers and parents to carry in school.

The white elephant in the room is guns in the hands of black urban male youths why typically have a history of violence.  So you can't ban the guns.  Hmmm......don't want to do what needs to be done?  Too bad- 2A says FIND ANOTHER WAY.  

Fix the problem or live with it, but don't use rights as a proxy to ignore the real problem.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The framers of 2A readily recognized that problems with arms had, did, and would continue to exist.  Thus the "shall not be infringed".  

2A is very short, and yes, it encompasses so much freedom- and so much danger- with no limitations available.    It has no exceptions for MSRs,  schools, felons or Lautenberg victims.

If psychos with guns shoot up schools, lock up the psychos (I have yet to see one of these incidences where people who knew the shooter were surprised).    Or allow teachers and parents to carry in school.

The white elephant in the room is guns in the hands of black urban male youths why typically have a history of violence.  So you can't ban the guns.  Hmmm......don't want to do what needs to be done?  Too bad- 2A says FIND ANOTHER WAY.  

Fix the problem or live with it, but don't use rights as a proxy to ignore the real problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your sarcasm meter may be broken?

I keed I keed!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top