[#2]
Call if Free New York
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:08:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do it........but call it Northern NY or Western NY
View Quote

Or anything other than the old name for New York City.

But, yes, do it!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone attending? I am too far down, but hope AR15 will be duly represented.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#5]
WE should be NY
When we give NYC and LI to CT those areas can be called CT as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#6]
What if some counties just got together and declared laws of NYS null and void on their territory? What would the princess do?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What if some counties just got together and declared laws of NYS null and void on their territory? What would the princess do?
View Quote

Send in the almost 5,000 troopers that he has and/or the National Guard and whip them back into shape.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Every bit of state aid for those counties would be cut off to bring them back in line
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Send in the almost 5,000 troopers that he has and/or the National Guard and whip them back into shape.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know if he has the political will or support to do that. Especially when broadcast on live TV with JBTs kicking poor grandmothers holding signs and having armed confrontations with Sheriff's deputies and citizens' militia. One asshole trooper fires a shot, it's all over. He could possibly try to force the counties monetarily, but what they save on Medicaid alone will pay for any State revenue losses. FUAC!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dipping into your Kleneex and Jergens supply?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I'm saying is that I'd not impossible. We just need to get her enough support and the balls to do it. Princess will have to resign and the unSafe will have to be abolished if they want to keep the state together. And where is my Kleenex, now that I stopped fantasizing?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Anything is fine so long as it disassociates us with the States anus.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I really hope this idea takes hold and becomes reality, even though I would be stuck in the most northern part of the "anus" ( the northern part of WC is far from blue).

What I fear is that if it does come to fruition, it will be the same old same old.  Too many people are leaving the north and too many lack the motivation to make things happen.  I've come to this conclusion after the last gubernatorial election, where the turn out upstate was horrible.  I know there were more anti-fuac's up north than the turn out portrait.  I remember seeing turnout in some counties hardly breaking 1000 votes and some below 1000.  

In order to actually separate there has to be a stand off politically, a major stand off which spells out coexistence as one state is not possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top