Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 12:34:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for him.

ETA:  And fuck his mother!  Anti-gun twat.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL... have they EVER sold a gun to a Muslim?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for him.

ETA:  And fuck his mother!  Anti-gun twat.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]

EDIT: I see this is a New York case not the case in Florida where a
shop owner is refusing to sell firearms to Muslims.  Either way, the
same problem applies.  Is refusing to sell a firearm to someone a
violation of their Civil Rights?  If so, then firearm ownership is a
Civil Right.  Not good for New York State and the SAFE Act IMHO.

I have been following this story for a week now and he was
just sued by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) in Florida.
They are claiming it is a Civil Rights violation for him to refuse to sell to
Muslims.  However, the ATF is siding with him as it is their position that
an FFL should not sell a firearm to someone they are not comfortable selling
to.  To me, the implications of such a court case are intriguing.  It
definitely creates a quandary for Progressives.  They are generally
against any kind of discrimination against minorities though they seem at times to be for religious
discrimination unless it is against Muslims.  Yet they also refuse to
accept the SCOTUS ruling that firearm ownership is a Civil Right and the circuit courts have tended to go along with that point of view.  So, if
the court rules that the store owner is violating the Civil Rights of Muslims,
they are tacitly admitting that firearms ownership is a Civil Right which will
have enormous ramifications on the status of firearms rights.  If they
rule against CAIR then it opens the door to refusing services that are not
guaranteed as Civil Rights to various groups the proprietor disagrees with such
as bakers refusing to make wedding cakes for same-sex couples.  Granted
courts often have a way to piss both sides off in a ruling but this one seems
to be ripe for setting a precedent either way.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
EDIT: I see this is a New York case not the case in Florida where a shop owner is refusing to sell firearms to Muslims.  Either way, the same problem applies.  Is refusing to sell a firearm to someone a violation of their Civil Rights?  If so, then firearm ownership is a Civil Right.  Not good for New York State and the SAFE Act IMHO.

I have been following this story for a week now and he wasjust sued by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) in Florida. They are claiming it is a Civil Rights violation for him to refuse to sell toMuslims.  However, the ATF is siding with him as it is their position thatan FFL should not sell a firearm to someone they are not comfortable sellingto.  To me, the implications of such a court case are intriguing.  Itdefinitely creates a quandary for Progressives.  They are generallyagainst any kind of discrimination against minorities though they seem at times to be for religiousdiscrimination unless it is against Muslims.  Yet they also refuse toaccept the SCOTUS ruling that firearm ownership is a Civil Right and the circuit courts have tended to go along with that point of view.  So, ifthe court rules that the store owner is violating the Civil Rights of Muslims,they are tacitly admitting that firearms ownership is a Civil Right which willhave enormous ramifications on the status of firearms rights.  If theyrule against CAIR then it opens the door to refusing services that are notguaranteed as Civil Rights to various groups the proprietor disagrees with suchas bakers refusing to make wedding cakes for same-sex couples.  Grantedcourts often have a way to piss both sides off in a ruling but this one seemsto be ripe for setting a precedent either way.

View Quote

If you sell the gun to a muslim and he goes on the a shooting spree the store owner will get sued
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#6]
You will see more of this.  (FFL's not selling to Muslims).

But then you are going to see, and the 0bama administration will push it along, a whole slew of Muslim FFL's who will cater to their kind and ensure plenty of sleeper cells are ready to strike soft targets like Malls, Schools, etc.

I guarantee this.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck these politically correct scum bags, I support this ballzy bastard and will come to his defense if needed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Take my money.gif
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Probably illegal in ny. Being stupid hurts
View Quote
As I noted above, this is where I get confused.  This is basically no different than what NYC does in being able to deny a firearm permit, thus denying your right to have a firearm, to anyone for whatever reason they dream up.  The courts have upheld that time and again.  As I noted in the Florida case, the ATF is siding with the FFL in that FFL's have the right under ATF rules to refuse to sell to people they are not comfortable selling to.  If that is a civil rights violation, and is ruled as such, it kind of turns the whole "may issue" system on its head.  If FFL's are told that "May Sell" is now "Shall Sell", what about the whole "May Issue" permit system?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
As I noted above, this is where I get confused.  This is basically no different than what NYC does in being able to deny a firearm permit, thus denying your right to have a firearm, to anyone for whatever reason they dream up.  The courts have upheld that time and again.  As I noted in the Florida case, the ATF is siding with the FFL in that FFL's have the right under ATF rules to refuse to sell to people they are not comfortable selling to.  If that is a civil rights violation, and is ruled as such, it kind of turns the whole "may issue" system on its head.  If FFL's are told that "May Sell" is now "Shall Sell", what about the whole "May Issue" permit system?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably illegal in ny. Being stupid hurts

The problem is that in this fucmed up day and age this will never turn out good.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You going to pay his fine? Good for you  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck these politically correct scum bags, I support this ballzy bastard and will come to his defense if needed.
You going to pay his fine? Good for you  

I'll help with a donation(s) to his legal case if it comes to that, will you?

He already made the decision, good for him for taking a stand.  Now it's up to his supporters to help.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:33:41 AM EDT
[#16]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#17]
No matter how it turns out it there will still be a double standard for firearms and those who sell them.
It's a Civil Rights violation to refuse to sell a house or Rent one to someone because of (Race, Color, Creed, etc.) same standard could be applied to the refusal to sell a gun to someone simply because of their (race, color, creed, etc.)

What makes you think for a second that there aren't any Islamic FFL's (roll in Muslim, Arabic, Middle Eastern, etc.) I clearly remember seeing and even dealing with them as far back as the 80's

Mexicans smuggle shit-tons of illegal Drugs into the Country; I find it hard to believe there aren't other things brought in by the same.

History even recent is full of examples of young, radical, Islamic terrorists committing heinous crimes supposedly  in the name of Allah....I'm betting they didn't buy any of the weapons they used legally or on the open market.

People in Business really cannot be honest about their dealings either with customers and for damn sure with the government, so I suppose if you don't want to sell to someone whose not of a religion you approve of, you'd better have you story straight and not deviate from it; in fact the less said the better.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:22:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No matter how it turns out it there will still be a double standard for firearms and those who sell them.
It's a Civil Rights violation to refuse to sell a house or Rent one to someone because of (Race, Color, Creed, etc.) same standard could be applied to the refusal to sell a gun to someone simply because of their (race, color, creed, etc.)

What makes you think for a second that there aren't any Islamic FFL's (roll in Muslim, Arabic, Middle Eastern, etc.) I clearly remember seeing and even dealing with them as far back as the 80's

Mexicans smuggle shit-tons of illegal Drugs into the Country; I find it hard to believe there aren't other things brought in by the same.

History even recent is full of examples of young, radical, Islamic terrorists committing heinous crimes supposedly  in the name of Allah....I'm betting they didn't buy any of the weapons they used legally or on the open market.

People in Business really cannot be honest about their dealings either with customers and for damn sure with the government, so I suppose if you don't want to sell to someone whose not of a religion you approve of, you'd better have you story straight and not deviate from it; in fact the less said the better.  
View Quote

Hassan, Fort Hood, Texas

ETA: he was praising Allah while killing service members
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hassan, Fort Hood, Texas

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hassan, Fort Hood, Texas

Just workplace violence...nothing to see here.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top