Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine was the day I could steer it with my peener like Tommy Lee did. Except mine's an outboard...
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine was the day I could steer it with my peener like Tommy Lee did. Except mine's an outboard...
View Quote

Is your mom still giving you a tubby with the toy boats?

" />
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/saveourfreedom/tubby_zps9lr4mfsm.jpg</a>" />
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/saveourfreedom/tubby_zps9lr4mfsm.jpg</a>" />

I remember you being quite the shaky legged landlubber Mr. Buckshot. The trick is to have your first beer before 5:30 AM.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I remember you being quite the shaky legged landlubber Mr. Buckshot. The trick is to have your first beer before 5:30 AM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm starting with some Bloody Mary's at 5am this time around...
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Somebody else is driving this time. I'm debating getting rid of the Tacoma...
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Everybody in the Volvo (remind me to replace those rear shocks first, you'd think they would last longer than 260,000 miles).
If you dump the Tacoma, get a minivan to haul the HTF guys around in.

Buckshot did look a little green that day, but the best part was when he was reeling in that copper line, and found out he had about 600 more feet to go!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Everybody in the Volvo (remind me to replace those rear shocks first, you'd think they would last longer than 260,000 miles).
If you dump the Tacoma, get a minivan to haul the HTF guys around in.

Buckshot did look a little green that day, but the best part was when he was reeling in that copper line, and found out he had about 600 more feet to go!
View Quote

Maybe they will let me borrow the beer truck for the day. Its probably a good thing I didn't catch that fish, would have gotten fined for pulling in a fish from the Canadian side of the lake...
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just my opinion, but if I wanted a "Mares Leg" I'd just get one and take the receipt to the Sheriffs Office to have my Licenses amended.  It is sold as a Handgun, and last I knew I didn't need to run every purchase past the NYSP. Now they receive notification when a handgun is moved (received/transferred/etc) but being three years behind, somehow I doubt there'll be any recourse, and if there is we'll see 'em in Court.
"It's far easier to ask forgiveness than permission"  
View Quote

I would have to imagine that the NYSP WOULD go after the FFL on the P form for allowing the transfer to be completed.
I understand that would be you, but I can't see it going through without consequences
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I would have to imagine that the NYSP WOULD go after the FFL on the P form for allowing the transfer to be completed.
I understand that would be you, but I can't see it going through without consequences
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my opinion, but if I wanted a "Mares Leg" I'd just get one and take the receipt to the Sheriffs Office to have my Licenses amended.  It is sold as a Handgun, and last I knew I didn't need to run every purchase past the NYSP. Now they receive notification when a handgun is moved (received/transferred/etc) but being three years behind, somehow I doubt there'll be any recourse, and if there is we'll see 'em in Court.
"It's far easier to ask forgiveness than permission"  

Well there are a lot of questions that could determine the answer. It's been my experience (on the local level) the Clerks don't know a P-38 Mauser from a P-51 Mustang; they just copy down what's on the receipt. (which might explain the stories of class III & AOW's being added to Licenses)
Does the SP have a naughty list they check each P12 against?
If it was put on the form as "Ranch Hand" they might flag it, but listed as RH92-57203 (which IS the correct model number) are they going to know the difference? Are they going to care?
Last I knew the SP were at least three years behind in data entry....maybe that's another reason why the "renewal" was implemented and along with it the demand that you list ALL the handguns you have. One thing for certain, it'll make rounding them all up easier for the Gestapo to seize.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well there are a lot of questions that could determine the answer. It's been my experience (on the local level) the Clerks don't know a P-38 Mauser from a P-51 Mustang; they just copy down what's on the receipt. (which might explain the stories of class III & AOW's being added to Licenses)
Does the SP have a naughty list they check each P12 against?
If it was put on the form as "Ranch Hand" they might flag it, but listed as RH92-57203 (which IS the correct model number) are they going to know the difference? Are they going to care?
Last I knew the SP were at least three years behind in data entry....maybe that's another reason why the "renewal" was implemented and along with it the demand that you list ALL the handguns you have. One thing for certain, it'll make rounding them all up easier for the Gestapo to seize.  
View Quote

I'm pretty sure our county would know enough that it was ruled against by the State guys. can't speak for other counties.
Listing all handguns? That's always been the case. When has it not, in recent history?
I wasn't aware the State was 3 years behind in entering P forms. Interesting bit of intel if it is accurate
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Are NYS gunshows even worth checking out anymore?  I haven't been to one since I was a kid.  I've wanted to go to a few in PA the past few years, but never got the chance.  Kind of interested in the Syracuse show, but everything firearm related in NY just depresses me anymore.  It's about an hour and a half drive for me, I suppose I could get up there and browse for an hour or two before I'd have to leave for work.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are NYS gunshows even worth checking out anymore?  I haven't been to one since I was a kid.  I've wanted to go to a few in PA the past few years, but never got the chance.  Kind of interested in the Syracuse show, but everything firearm related in NY just depresses me anymore.  It's about an hour and a half drive for me, I suppose I could get up there and browse for an hour or two before I'd have to leave for work.
View Quote

Well it was last weekend so you missed it. If you like antique guns in poor condition and military collectibles....this is the place for you

I almost bought a 10mm glock but would rather wait to buy it in VT.

Will have a contract on my house within 3 weeks. Peace out friends.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well it was last weekend so you missed it. If you like antique guns in poor condition and military collectibles....this is the place for you

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, well that's probably just as well.  If I'm gonna make the drive I might as well head south into PA where I can check out guns that actually interest me.  Not that I don't like antiques too, but I took a tour of the Springfield Armory (MA) when I was younger and that was about as many antiques as I need to look at for my lifetime.  They are fun to shoot though.  You always wonder how many more rounds they can take, and what their history was.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top