Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/15/2015 9:13:19 PM EDT
Okay, I'm tired of Ciraxis say "who wants to get a beer" then saying he has to work. And the one of us who could have a social life, highspeedforlife, disappearing every weekend into Heddy Topper induced seclusion. And 41magluva is never around - JBT is gonna JBT.

So its Syracuse gun show weekend - who is going and when? I can't do Saturday, unless its real early and the line sucks. BUT - if anyone is up for dinner or beers Saturday, I bet FP1201 is working the show, needs dinner, and if we ask him to bring his night vision we can get together and look into the sky at night.

I'm in for Sunday, probably early afternoon. I need some reloading supplies, and beef jerky, and jewelry, and some weird military medals from wars no one ever heard of, and of course some really expensive 22.

Anybody in?

Buckshot, you out there?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you blame me for trying to pad my pension, and economically rape all y'all taxpayers?  I gots to gets minez,  yo.

Seriously, this is a very busy weekend for me.  Saturday night is out, but Sunday may be good.

April 19th.  Good day to buy a gun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I figure if no one responds, I know where at least 3 of you live. I will go sit in your driveways and drink until someone comes out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll go with you fools Sunday.

Have a wedding Saturday night so let's make it Sunday afternoon. Poppas gonna have a hangover and hopefully a strange lady over.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I figure if no one responds, I know where at least 3 of you live. I will go sit in your driveways and drink until someone comes out.
View Quote

The dog seems to approve of you and Buckshot. 41magluva is too cool to come over.

Also never bring the kiddos near the dog....he hates children and women over 30. Best. Bro. Ever.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The dog seems to approve of you and Buckshot. 41magluva is too cool to come over.

Also never bring the kiddos near the dog....he hates children and women over 30. Best. Bro. Ever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't wait for you to wake up Sunday morning with your new 42 year old wedding prize in your bed, and her crotchfruit sitting on your couch watching cartoons.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not a second wedding.

Plus I have to drive so I won't be drunk enough for cougars before heading home. Unless 41magluva can DD in his black and white?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there. I need some Redding .308 dies and some primers....and powders.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Dammit I love the Syracuse show (Syracuse, BTW is the home of the Gods).   I'll be somewhere near Easter Island so won't make it.  Bet 1201 will be there and Adirondak, you guys have a good time.   Go invest your cash into something that will be worth something, not post 9/11 AR15 parts.  

And FU Dean Skelos.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
new 42 year old wedding prize in your bed, .
View Quote

Dammit.  He got a young one.

You kids wait...just farging wait.  It's coming, and there's not a  damned thing you can do about it.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Children and a woman over 30 are the center of my world.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there all weekend at the NYSRPA booth with Brenda.  Stop by and say Hi.

Not sure on Saturday.  Might be getting together with family. I'll have to play it by ear.

David
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Shit, just realized I described my own Sunday mornings.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#13]
They'll be a few of us there Saturday it looks like.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#14]
'll be there Friday afternoon setting up, and of course Saturday and Sunday.
Dinner afterwards would be fine.  
Weddings are a fine place to pick up women wishing  it was them gettting married....."always a brides maid, but never a bride."  
Should have told me you needed reloading supplies: we were at knob creek last weekend.

Abom: Work or not, you are truly blessed to be able to travel to the places you go.....but you never invite your friends along?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Weddings are a fine place to pick up women wishing  it was them gettting married....."always a brides maid, but never a bride."  
Should have told me you needed reloading supplies: we were at knob creek last weekend.

Abom: Work or not, you are truly blessed to be able to travel to the places you go.....but you never invite your friends along?
View Quote

I can't take anyone, they'd just drag me down.  I'll be busy looking at PKMs, Pakistani MG42s, M2HBs, stuff like that.  Of course, that comes after a week in the South Pacific where it's too hot for a Northern guy like you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Can't go this time.  Nothing I really need anyway.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I can't take anyone, they'd just drag me down.  I'll be busy looking at PKMs, Pakistani MG42s, M2HBs, stuff like that.  Of course, that comes after a week in the South Pacific where it's too hot for a Northern guy like you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm willing to suffer and sacrafice.  I know what you mean about being dragged down: I like to go places and do things, but at my pace be it fast, slow, or totally different...it's nice to bring the family along, but it really slows the works.  
BTW: You can always throw the dog a bone.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#18]
That's one downside to moving across the state,  now I'm something like 3 hours from Siberacuse.   That's really an unlikely drive for that show although it's decent.  

Now I might have shared the driving to Knob Creek if, ahem, someone asked. Ahem.   hell if you stayed with family I might have even flirted with a 42 y/o sister if you had one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's one downside to moving across the state,  now I'm something like 3 hours from Siberacuse.   That's really an unlikely drive for that show although it's decent.  

Now I might have shared the driving to Knob Creek if, ahem, someone asked. Ahem.   hell if you stayed with family I might have even flirted with a 42 y/o sister if you had one.
View Quote

Are you kidding? Friends never need ask anything more than what time are we leaving.
As for my Sister: that would be up to her, but you've my blessing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I just go to see the MG that can shoot around corners.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one....

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one....

http://www.murdoconline.net/pics/javelin_missile.jpg

I saw a couple people selling those in the parking lot last year.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Come on over, with my new job the cooler is always full unless someone runs the beer truck off the road, 41mag lol...
You might want to park down the street unless your car is baseball dent proof, I have pissed off a few people chasing thier balls into my garage already this year.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Sunday works for me!
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Come on over, with my new job the cooler is always full unless someone runs the beer truck off the road, 41mag lol...
You might want to park down the street unless your car is baseball dent proof, I have pissed off a few people chasing thier balls into my garage already this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If those kids dent my Tacoma I'm denting their Mom's cervix. Consenting Moms only of course.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#27]
So there I was, sitting in traffic.  Someone to my left is signaling me....Highspeedforlife!

Buddy, that miserable look on my face...I can explain.  Not 60 seconds before, I had puked a little stomach acid into my mouth.  My throat was burning so bad.  I just about drank a quart of water after I saw you.

Then I ran into Penrod in the evening.  That made me puke into my mouth again...j/k!

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#28]
That's cold. You show up on Sunday I am trading you to the smelliest neckbeard there for some jerky or a round of .22
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So there I was, sitting in traffic.  Someone to my left is signaling me....Highspeedforlife!

Buddy, that miserable look on my face...I can explain.  Not 60 seconds before, I had puked a little stomach acid into my mouth.  My throat was burning so bad.  I just about drank a quart of water after I saw you.

Then I ran into Penrod in the evening.  That made me puke into my mouth again...j/k!

View Quote

And I could see your wife saying "who is that?"
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She only recognizes you in a rugby uniform.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:42:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Oooh them short shorts.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:04:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Oooh them short shorts.
View Quote

Don't get any ideas.  She's over 30.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oooh them short shorts.

haha I have nothing against other people getting married and having children. just not my thing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

haha I have nothing against other people getting married and having children. just not my thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oooh them short shorts.

Yeah that's what you say right now
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I think that's the viewpoint of other guys who do not have that opportunity. Tough to meet the ladies  in the basement, and making kids is awkward with mom listening in Those short shorts he talks about probably don't help either!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Heard of one BFL on a maroon SUV in the parking lot today.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#37]
My BFL was covered with the Cap on the truck.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I was looking for a .44 lever. I saw one used Rossi for like 485 and a couple new Marlins for to much. I want a mares leg but I guess those are a no go these days?

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#39]
AAR- met up with Buckshot429 and Penrod72. Saw fp1201 working and maybe sp101 at the Otisco RGC booth?

Bought - Wolf SP primers and 125gr HP Hornady 9mm bullets. Bought a diaphragm call from a guy who raped my time and 3 from a former co worker.

Almost got a Glock 29 but hate the idea of having to coupon then pick it up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was looking for a .44 lever. I saw one used Rossi for like 485 and a couple new Marlins for to much. I want a mares leg but I guess those are a no go these days?

View Quote

We've sold several of the Rossi 1892's in .357, .44, and .45LC all were superb rifles in spite of being imports; they are exacting replicas of the original Winchester patent (with the exception of added safeties)  Used the go around $475. Henry's and Marlins go MUCH higher.  

Just my opinion, but if I wanted a "Mares Leg" I'd just get one and take the receipt to the Sheriffs Office to have my Licenses amended.  It is sold as a Handgun, and last I knew I didn't need to run every purchase past the NYSP. Now they receive notification when a handgun is moved (received/transferred/etc) but being three years behind, somehow I doubt there'll be any recourse, and if there is we'll see 'em in Court.
"It's far easier to ask forgiveness than permission"  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:35:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We've sold several of the Rossi 1892's in .357, .44, and .45LC all were superb rifles in spite of being imports; they are exacting replicas of the original Winchester patent (with the exception of added safeties)  Used the go around $475. Henry's and Marlins go MUCH higher.  

Just my opinion, but if I wanted a "Mares Leg" I'd just get one and take the receipt to the Sheriffs Office to have my Licenses amended.  It is sold as a Handgun, and last I knew I didn't need to run every purchase past the NYSP. Now they receive notification when a handgun is moved (received/transferred/etc) but being three years behind, somehow I doubt there'll be any recourse, and if there is we'll see 'em in Court.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just out of curiosity how is it that they consider this a pistol and not an SBR being that it has somewhat of a stock on it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just out of curiosity how is it that they consider this a pistol and not an SBR being that it has somewhat of a stock on it?
View Quote

Federal (BATFE) Definitions and regulations: Simply a Fire arm that starts life as a "handgun" can be kept as a "handgun" or made into a rifle, However a "Rifle" (or Shotgun) cannot be made into a handgun or less than prescribed legal lengths (16" bbl for rifle and 18" for shotgun) else it become a "Short barreled Xxxxx under the National Fireams Act of 1934
The Mares legs being marketed and sold are manufactured as handguns the same as any other pistol or revolver, therefor are NOT SBR's however the NYSP Super took it upon himself to Federal Laws/Definitions simply becasue it looks  like a prohibited weapon (NYS doesn't allow mere mortals to have Class III items)  
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#43]
I love the gun show - I figure I have been to roughly 45-50 in Syracuse.
Notes from the time -
Not much jerky, and less jewelry than normal - its a shame, I thought speed was looking for a ring for several of his special ladies.
The pickles are a nice change from all that jerky.

I did get some primers for the best price I have seen in a while, and there were at least 3 places with a decent selections of reloading projectiles in various forms.

Beers at Tully's afterwards was fun!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Notes from the time -
Not much jerky, and less jewelry than normal - its a shame, I thought speed was looking for a ring for several of his special ladies.

I did get some primers for the best price I have seen in a while, and there were at least 3 places with a decent selections of reloading projectiles in various forms.

View Quote

The Pickles (and other stuff he had) were good, but that garlic smell made road-kill skunk appealing.  
Would have liked to join you guys, but somebody would have had to driven me home; as it was I had to have my son help me out of the truck as I was whooped.  
Seems the other side of the show was more flea-market than years past, but when you say you're going to fill 1,000 tables, sometimes you have to get creative.
Didn't really buy anything: some odds & ends brass, couple "assault vests" some small parts.
There was a guy on the end of our row; old guy, name is Craig (I think) he had a Safety Harbor SHTF upper he wanted $1,450. for and it was worth that. I had planned to go back to see if we could make a deal. I sort of got into it with him: He had a Lee press & die set for the fifty, he told me it was $1,000. and wnated to show me in a Midway Catalog. I've bought two of those kits from Wideners for ~$225. which is a far cry from $1K. (probably why he's had it on the table for years.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Notes from the time -

View Quote

There were way too many weird knife collectors and freaks in bond age pants for me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Notes from the time -

View Quote

There were way too many weird knife collectors and freaks in bondage pants for me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#47]
You guys ever talk with the small guy in the wheel chair near the back left corner? We affectionately call him the Hobbit.

He always has stuff stashed away. Just ask.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, we need to do this again, maybe get more peeps together next time.

Didn't someone mention something about a spring fishing trip also???
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. We will be leaving the seasick landlubbers behind this year.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe there was mention of such.
I'd forgotten how much I miss having a good sized boat.
"Two happiest days of a boat owners life: the day he buys it and the day he sells it."  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top