Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2015 1:40:05 PM EDT
This is information, not an ad!

20% off non-consignment firearms.   Was pretty damned busy today there when I stopped by.    Hurt my wallet.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I gotta call Tim and see if they sold that SR9 I told him I wanted...
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit they are closing?

Bought 2 handguns and a shotgun from them over the years...and plenty of ammo.

Are they going out of business or just moving?

Will try to stop in on Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I gotta call Tim and see if they sold that SR9 I told him I wanted...
View Quote

Better move fast.  Some of the 45s I looked at last week are gone.   They sold an FR8 for $238.   They have a NIB S&W Perf Center 45 with all the bells and whistles for $1200 after discount (list $1800).   They have an Eagle AR15 w/ MR2 IIRC it's $800 so that would bring it down to $640.   Lots of Glocks and SIGs.   They just got an CAL SMLE, haven't seen one of those in a LONG time.

And they have a Jennings 22 that will be $40.  Always wanted one to impress my friends.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Shit they are closing?

View Quote

Closing.  Paul wants to retire.  Apparently he had a buyer until SAFE, now nobody wants to buy a gun shop in NYS.    Last week closing was going to be June, now end of May.   Still lots of handguns, Henry repeaters, 22 repeaters.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Yay!  Holding the Ruger for me.  :)
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Shit they are closing?

View Quote
Owner is retiring.  

One of my coworkers has been talking with him.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]
damn it, I was just in Rochester too....NOW we find out about it.  
Any reloading supplies?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]
My mistake the $800 eagle is a consignment
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Any reloading supplies?
View Quote
I've seen bullets, brass, dies, and I think maybe a couple presses there.  Not sure on powder, though.

They do usually have a good selection of hard to find ammo, too.

Racks of shotguns and WW2 type rifles.

They won't sell a Saiga rifle, tho.  Something about the Tula/Ivesheck (I forget which one) mark on it being named, or something in the unsafe bullshit.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've seen bullets, brass, dies, and I think maybe a couple presses there.  Not sure on powder, though.

They won't sell a Saiga rifle, tho.  Something about the Tula/Ivesheck (I forget which one) mark on it being named, or something in the unsafe bullshit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any reloading supplies?

Hmm...I don't think any guns were actually banned by name in unSAFE - they may be thinking of earlier drafts that didn't make it into the final law...Probably because banning guns by name is obviously arbitrary, as the same gun can have different features.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#11]
FP has been all over reloading supplies.  I get an odd vibe from this,  like when you see rats running past you in the opposite direction on a sinking ship.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Sry dupe
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#13]
It's bad enough when you start buying assorted one pounders by the cases, but when you start buying it by the eight pound jugs, you might be in a little too deep.  
The only thing I can't reload are rimfires, and if someone comes out with a reasonable kit, I'll load them too! Seriously, how many people do you know that reload .25acp
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FP has been all over reloading supplies.  I get an odd vibe from this,  like when you see rats running past you in the opposite direction on a sinking ship.
View Quote

If you're not prepared to roll your own you haven't been paying attention, for like the last decade........

If only 22 RF were easy to make
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's bad enough when you start buying assorted one pounders by the cases, but when you start buying it by the eight pound jugs, you might be in a little too deep.  
The only thing I can't reload are rimfires, and if someone comes out with a reasonable kit, I'll load them too! Seriously, how many people do you know that reload .25acp
View Quote

Wish I could find my favorite 8# flavors.....
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once in a while I find them at Knob Creek; needless to say I will buy whateve I find while we're down there next week.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#17]
ProGun has a Norinco Hunter w/ milled receiver on the "cannot sell" rack.   This is because they looked at NYSP website presentation.   However, the Hunter is not banned by SAFE, it has none of the features.   Somebody who wants a Saiga-type should go with SAFE in hand and convince them to sell it.

No Knob Creek for me this spring.  :-(     But I'll have my army ants looking for what I need.   Have a good time 1201.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
ProGun has a Norinco Hunter w/ milled receiver on the "cannot sell" rack.   This is because they looked at NYSP website presentation.   However, the Hunter is not banned by SAFE, it has none of the features.   Somebody who wants a Saiga-type should go with SAFE in hand and convince them to sell it.

No Knob Creek for me this spring.  :-(     But I'll have my army ants looking for what I need.   Have a good time 1201.
View Quote

What are they asking for the Norinco? - My luck with them is either crazy low or crazy high (usually higher) prices - not much in the middle.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What are they asking for the Norinco? - My luck with them is either crazy low or crazy high (usually higher) prices - not much in the middle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Norinco is a consignment, it's $800 IIRC.   There is one on GB right now at $640 but the reserve is not met.

The real good deals seem to be on handguns, particularly entry level models like the Rem R1; deduct 20% and the prices are darned reasonable.    Lever actions too have been moving fast.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Picked up my SR9 over lunch today.  Canandaigua toVictor to canandaigua, to victor back to canandaigua in about an hour and a half.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Holsters are 50% off!  

They also have a boatload of Kimber (and another mfg) 1911 conversion kits for .22,  also 20% off.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#22]
They have any Glocks left?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Just stopped down on my lunch break.Plenty of inventory left.

Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#25]
They still also have a good number of 1911 45s in all flavors.   Somebody needs to get their first 1911, they have a Remington R1 that will be under $600- I can't believe it's still there.

If you get a Glock (or have a Glock) they have lots of paddle holsters at 50% off AND in the back there are two boxes of "junk" in which there are a number of used Glock holsters.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They still also have a good number of 1911 45s in all flavors.   Somebody needs to get their first 1911, they have a Remington R1 that will be under $600- I can't believe it's still there.

If you get a Glock (or have a Glock) they have lots of paddle holsters at 50% off AND in the back there are two boxes of "junk" in which there are a number of used Glock holsters.
View Quote

Somebody did get their first 1911! A SA champion operator. I didn't get a holster though as my screen name is relevant. There were plenty of them for the rest of you guys though .
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Still saw plenty of 1911's and Glocks there.  I'm going to probably take another trip there tomorrow over lunch.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Somebody did get their first 1911! A SA champion operator. I didn't get a holster though as my screen name is relevant. There were plenty of them for the rest of you guys though .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice gun.  What it cost you?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$773.96 out the door.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I saw they had a RIA 1911 in stock there... I think it was $500 before discount.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Was in there earlier today, picked up two boxes of 9mm HP's for $42 with tax. Almost bought that can of 7.62x54R and an XD mag. There's quite a few guns still in stock, if I had more money, I would get that Eagle Scout Henry.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#32]
So you got that spam can!  I saw it against the counter, and decided I didn't need a 5th one at home.

They have a Ruger SR40 and SR40c that I'd love to get, but it would be about $860 for both with tax, and well... Then I'd have to start hording .40 ammo now, and another set of dies, and more bullets...
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Against my better judgement I passed on the spam can. All I bought was 50 rounds of 9mm Critical Defense.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I think the price on that was $160 or something, minus 20%... eh... still too high.  I got all of mine at $80/440 (plus shipping)
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh... and they were pricing a bunch of .22 that someone just sold them.  Saw the 333 pack priced at $60.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top