User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2015 1:01:07 PM EDT
Any info?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
THE LAWN!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
We have had way too much of these rallies already.        

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have had way too much of these rallies already.          
View Quote

With ZERO effect.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Rallies are useless at this point. And were essentially useless before.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's depressing.  No matter what people think, we are hopelessly outnumbered by the anti's by a very large margin. If you look at the state's population as a whole, including the urban areas.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's depressing.  No matter what people think, we are hopelessly outnumbered by the anti's by a very large margin. If you look at the state's population as a whole, including the urban areas.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  The antis are nothing but a handful of professional activists and politicians.  All astroturf with no base.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:55:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what they want you to think.
Anyone can form a group, build a web site, and start printing off propaganda; the more people that see it, the larger a prescience is perceived. Make a Press Release from ARF(Americans Requiring Freedoms) on a letterhead, a link to some blog page with a banner, and presto! you're an activist!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Remember the trooper taking away some guys cardboard cut out of an evil black rifle during an Unsafe Act rally?  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No.  The antis are nothing but a handful of professional activists and politicians.  All astroturf with no base.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone can form a group, build a web site, and start printing off propaganda; the more people that see it, the larger a prescience is perceived. Make a Press Release from ARF(Americans Requiring Freedoms) on a letterhead, a link to some blog page with a banner, and presto! you're an activist!

You guys are naive.  I'm not talking about activists, or propaganda, or websites.  I'm talking about every day people.  I'm talking about soccer cunts at my kids' school, dumb college kids, and 8 MILLION people in NYC, ALL ANTI GUN.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You guys are naive.  I'm not talking about activists, or propaganda, or websites.  I'm talking about every day people.  I'm talking about soccer cunts at my kids' school, dumb college kids, and 8 MILLION people in NYC, ALL ANTI GUN.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am going to agree with the above statement. Even a good amount of our own fellow firearms owners (fuds) are anti-gun in many areas. This is what is really killing us here in New York.

Then you have the ones with the attitude of "I support the Second Amendment but" I have no interest in owning an "assault rifle" so who cares about having to register them.

Even some of our own gun clubs had already caved in to the "politically correct" ideology way before the safe act even happened.

I will never give up fighting this, but it is very very discouraging, especially when you have quite a large enemy from within.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

They do not now nor have they ever voted based upon the issue.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  Do I need to post pictures of all the "GUN SENSE VOTER" and "NOT ONE MORE" bumper stickers I see at the school parking lot?

It's sickening.  Takes every fiber of my being to keep me from committing vandalism.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Those gunsense stickers are all astroturf, bought and paid for by Bloomberg.        

Michelle Schimel tried having a antigun forum in her Nassau district about a month ago.  Despite being published by Newsday the number of antigun supporters who showed up you could count on both hands with fingers left over.  Scores of gunnies showed up and Newsday later ran a letter by one of the antis claiming we ruined their meeting.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Those gunsense stickers are all astroturf, bought and paid for by Bloomberg.          

Michelle Schimel tried having a antigun forum in her Nassau district about a month ago.  Despite being published by Newsday the number of antigun supporters who showed up you could count on both hands with fingers left over.  Scores of gunnies showed up and Newsday later ran a letter by one of the antis claiming we ruined their meeting.

View Quote

Going to go search Newsday and find - I need the laugh,

Are rallies pointless?  Probably.  

Are lots of gun-owners almost as bad as the antis?  Yup.  I work with a few.  

Nevertheless, anytime you bastards wanna go stomp on the state's lawn and spend a day outside, I'll be there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#15]
The only rally that will be successful is the rally to have all productive members of NY move out of NY.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I forgot to add that in order to be a "gunsense" voter there has to be a list of candidate ratings so their constituency knows who to support.  They didn't make one.        

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Rallies do jack shit
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I disagree. If we disappear from view, the radicals will take over. And a large turnout at our rallies did show the politicians that we matter and we vote. FUAC!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I disagree. If we disappear from view, the radicals will take over. And a large turnout at our rallies did show the politicians that we matter and we vote. FUAC!
View Quote

We've seen  such "radical" rallies with less than a hundred attendees fed and Bussed up from NYC, when we've filled the entire Well of the LOB.
Those who passed un-SAFE had their marching orders and included in those order was one to ignore the backlash and when necessary pay whatever lip-service needed to reassure the Sheep that they were doing their best for the constituents, and how they would "look into the matter" or any other lie to divert attention.
No the Rallies while spectacular as well as record setting essentially meant jack-shit to those in Office because they know that they really can't be personally touched, or short of re-election defeat being removed from Office. Best thing is to run against them, or support with your full ability someone else to take their place. It's a frat-boy Club; one where they  don't want you or I, where their number one goal is staying in Office so they can continue to line theirs and their benefactors pockets.
Instead of dropping a days work and a hundred dollars for a Bus ride, donate that money to those IN the fight, join/renew memberships to Pro-Gun organizations....Do you know why the NRA will all but give you membership? it's so they have numbers; it's those numbers that apply force, admittedly you're going to receive solicitation for money, but maintain freedom has not been cost free.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Rallies are also important for our own morale. Seeing thousands of like-minded people gives one a sense of belonging and helps continue the struggle.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rallies are also important for our own morale. Seeing thousands of like-minded people gives one a sense of belonging and helps continue the struggle.
View Quote

I do agree with that.  Felt good being there that muddy day on the lawn.  What pissed me off is that I went alone.  Every one of my (perhaps 10-12 or so) gun owning friends couldn't be bothered taking off from work, etc. to join us.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I do agree with that.  Felt good being there that muddy day on the lawn.  What pissed me off is that I went alone.  Every one of my (perhaps 10-12 or so) gun owning friends couldn't be bothered taking off from work, etc. to join us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Three or four of us from the North Country chartered and FILLED several Busses, while it was a logistical nightmare, it WAS well worth it, but that concert tour is over and now its time to continue action via another venue.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

A "sense of belonging" is not synonymous with being effective.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, gotta admit, it was good for this reason too.
Top Top