Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 5:43:17 PM EDT
not sure if this was already posted but stumbled across this article and the guy in the video .. i like him..  seems like a good shit

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I held one in a gun store, felt pretty damn good actually,   but like banging a fat chick it might feel good with the lights off but you don't want any one seeing you with it
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It's awesome. Very light and handy. Only downsides are there is not a factory bolt catch/release installed and AR height sights and optics make it more of a chin weld than a cheek weld. No sling mounts either.

Trigger is heavy but very short, like a shotgun.

Huge fireball in low light/night without a FH/brake on the muzzle. 30 rd length magazines wobble a bit more than a standard AR mag well obviously but insert and lock up fine.

It's a fantastic hybrid of the AR and probably the best NY legal rifle that takes AR mags. I can not comment yet on accuracy at any range.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to get off of my ass and pick one of these up.

I just wish the lowers only were cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

what does just the lower cost?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Mid 4's it looks like.

I plan on picking one up soon.  I've been in a shooting funk as of late.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mid 4's it looks like.

I plan on picking one up soon.  I've been in a shooting funk as of late.
View Quote

I think most guys in NY are
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Little over $450 shipped

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=465431261

remember you dont need an AR BCG, it comes with
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I held one in a gun store, felt pretty damn good actually,   but like banging a fat chick it might feel good with the lights off but you don't want any one seeing you with it
View Quote

I think it absolutely needs a rail to make it right. The Magpul handguard was light but useless and not much to look at - I ditched it ASAP. Rail, sights, optic and bolt catch = awesome rifle.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think it absolutely needs a rail to make it right. The Magpul handguard was light but useless and not much to look at - I ditched it ASAP. Rail, sights, optic and bolt catch = awesome rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the hand guard sucks but thats easy enough to get rid of.       I might pick one up
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually really like the Magpul hand guard on an AR, but on the SCR, you're right, it just doesn't do it.

Where did you get the bolt catch? I don't see it on their site?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Their ordering process is a bit different since they aren't set up for online ordering. I sent them an email with my shipping info explaining that I wanted to order one and then called them to pay for it after they responded.

Hi P400,

The price is $29.95 plus $7.00 shipping so $36.95 total. We ship these USPS Priority Mail, typically a 2 day delivery. You just need to call us or let
us know a good time to call you and we will process your order. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover for payment.

Best Regards,

Sales Department

ARES Defense Systems, Inc.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 3 ARs I can show in public.  Plus 2 more uppers I can slap on.    ETA:  So yea, just a lower is all I'd get.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top