Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hadn't seen this posted yet.

one57
View Quote

Isn't that the Real Estate Developer who got the big deal like 3 days after a very large "campaign contribution"?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Isn't that the Real Estate Developer who got the big deal like 3 days after a very large "campaign contribution"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hadn't seen this posted yet.

one57

Yes sir. yes it is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No NY Dem will be "better" for us, but any upstate Dem is better.
View Quote

Agreed. His only the interm speaker. Fred Dicker gave the name of Silvers successor I forget what his name is. He is a Down stater though
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Agreed. His only the interm speaker. Fred Dicker gave the name of Silvers successor I forget what his name is. He is a Down stater though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He'll still be a sock-puppet.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
yea i saw that.. The clown in the oval office complains about the 1% his party is problem hes calling the kettle black. What a waste of the oval office.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Would NYS dare elect another Democrat governor after Cuomo is indicted, adding to the list of Spitzer and Patterson?    I actually doubt it, even with NYC!
View Quote

I am as not as optimistic as you in that regard, but seeing this unfold now makes me lament the fact that this all didn't go down in October.  Not that I think it would have swayed the NYC vote, but it would have give Astorino a better fighting chance.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#8]
The press is getting their orders and laying it all on Silver, the Princess has spoken and Silver is being thrown under the bus.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The press is getting their orders and laying it all on Silver, the Princess has spoken and Silver is being thrown under the bus.

View Quote

Sing little birdie, sing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good thing that Preet doesn't take directions from the press!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep sounds like the tyrant or his daddy did something in the pass. I hope Preet nails him to the cross. Than Daddy can turn over his grave with a tarnished Italian heritage ruined by his loser son.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, I guess damned if he throws Silver under the bus, damned if he doesn't. Might as well go down swinging.

I have to agree, time for Silver to sing like a canary. Let all the skeletons out.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#13]
add Skelos to the mix
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
add Skelos to the mix
View Quote

We should put together an ARF get together when the triumvirate is finally sentenced
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We should put together an ARF get together when the triumvirate is finally sentenced
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
add Skelos to the mix

It'd be like a super bowl party but way better!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
add Skelos to the mix

I'm in, fucking champagne bubble baths for everyone

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
add Skelos to the mix

I'll definitely make the trip back from Cleveland!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

add Skelos to the mix

Bring White Castles.  And Honey Mustard.  And chicken rings.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
add Skelos to the mix

How's about I just bring Harold and Kumar instead?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Something interesting that just popped onto my FB via a radio personality from I'm guessing; one of her other listeners.

Is Obama nominee Preet Bharara cleaning Albany or clearing the way for Hillary?

'Bharara is not just a Democrat, but he is of the Schumer/Clinton/DeBlasio camp. That group has an obvious disconnect with the Cuomo/Schneiderman/Silver camp. They may act friendly, but bottom line is, Cuomo and Hillary are opponents, both planning on running for Pres in 2016. Is the Clinton machine working to eliminate that competition?

Then, just imagine... a nightmare of unthinkable proportion! A ticket of Hillary/McCain probably unbeatable. Bharara becomes US Attorney General, and DeBlasio becomes NY Mayor.'

Just food for thought on this whole thing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Something interesting that just popped onto my FB via a radio personality from I'm guessing; one of her other listeners.

'Bharara is not just a Democrat, but he is of the Schumer/Clinton/DeBlasio camp. That group has an obvious disconnect with the Cuomo/Schneiderman/Silver camp. They may act friendly, but bottom line is, Cuomo and Hillary are opponents, both planning on running for Pres in 2016. Is the Clinton machine working to eliminate that competition?

Then, just imagine... a nightmare of unthinkable proportion! A ticket of Hillary/McCain probably unbeatable. Bharara becomes US Attorney General, and DeBlasio becomes NY Mayor.'

View Quote

I'm not the smartest guy but i figured this was all just a way to kill cuomos run for president. I dont care, i hope they clean house, ny is still fucked but at least i can smile knowing a few assholes got fucked
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Bharara has been at this for a few years, he took great exception when Cuomo disbanded the Moreland Commission. The Commission was enacted in response to a series of indictments by Bharara's office and done as an attempt by Cuomo to mitigate the impact the Federal probe would have. Bharara reluctantly signed off and when Cuomo disbanded it shortly after it came into being he went batshit angry. I was told by an Albany Politician yesterday that Preet Bharara would be the last man standing and probably Governor when all is said and done.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not the smartest guy but i figured this was all just a way to kill cuomos run for president. I dont care, i hope they clean house, ny is still fucked but at least i can smile knowing a few assholes got fucked
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as it is the tyrant's career ender I'm good with it.
The Republicans should be able to paint Hillary as being another 4/8 years of Obama & beat her with a trained monkey (if they don't deliberately alienate their voters again).
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The Republicans should be able to paint Hillary as being another 4/8 years of Obama & beat her with a trained monkey (if they don't deliberately alienate their voters again).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless of course the GOP is dumb enough to pick Jeb Bush as their nominee.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

when this is all said and done we need to never archive this thread so I can come back for some warm and cosey reading whenever I feel like

http://i.imgur.com/gu09EYN.gif
View Quote

i second the motion

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bharara has been at this for a few years, he took great exception when Cuomo disbanded the Moreland Commission. The Commission was enacted in response to a series of indictments by Bharara's office and done as an attempt by Cuomo to mitigate the impact the Federal probe would have. Bharara reluctantly signed off and when Cuomo disbanded it shortly after it came into being he went batshit angry. I was told by an Albany Politician yesterday that Preet Bharara would be the last man standing and probably Governor when all is said and done.
View Quote

This is sweet! I am afraid Preet will let Andy slide while taking down the secondary figures.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bharara has been at this. or a few years, he took great exception when Cuomo disbanded the Moreland Commission. The Commission was enacted in response to a series of indictments by Bharara's office and done as an attempt by Cuomo to mitigate the impact the Federal probe would have. Bharara reluctantly signed off and when Cuomo disbanded it shortly after it came into being he went batshit angry. I was told by an Albany Politician yesterday that Preet Bharara would be the last man standing and probably Governor when all is said and done.

Why would we want Preet, Chuckie's protoge, to be Gov?

Chris Gibson looks like he is putting his ducks in a row for a run and I would rather see him in office than Preet, especially from a 2A perspective.  Every steenkin Dem since Pataki has been a disgrace.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Every steenkin Dem since Pataki Governor Dix (1911) has been a disgrace.  

View Quote

Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Chris Gibson looks like he is putting his ducks in a row for a run and I would rather see him in office than Preet, especially from a 2A perspective.  Every steenkin Dem since Pataki has been a disgrace.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bharara has been at this. or a few years, he took great exception when Cuomo disbanded the Moreland Commission. The Commission was enacted in response to a series of indictments by Bharara's office and done as an attempt by Cuomo to mitigate the impact the Federal probe would have. Bharara reluctantly signed off and when Cuomo disbanded it shortly after it came into being he went batshit angry. I was told by an Albany Politician yesterday that Preet Bharara would be the last man standing and probably Governor when all is said and done.

for the time being I'd be okay with this atleast we know he isn't corrupt yet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

[span style='font-style: italic;']Is Obama nominee Preet Bharara cleaning Albany or clearing the way for Hillary?

View Quote

It's already been in the bag since 2008 that Hitlery WILL be the next president.  We might as well have Andrew Cumstain go down in flames.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Excellent article!  I hope Lippman goes down in this too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silver wasn't a sock puppet
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wouldn't that be DeBlasio becomes Gov? Typo maybe
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
for the time  being I'd be okay with this at least we know hopeful he isn't corrupt yet.
View Quote

In spite of the historical precedence of the democratic party being anti-gun, and pro-big brother, anymore the only difference between the two are the colors of their ties, neither warrant any trust, and since the Party Leaders are moving the Marionette strings one should ask who's moving them?

I'd much rather an insurrection from within govt than one with the citizenry and Law enforcement....let them eat their own, let them expose one anther's corruption, graft, racketeering, skimming, crony-capitalism, "Americanism" quid-pro-quo, et.al.  
There's plenty enough of these same people from the populace, but they didn't swear an oath to God, Country, and the People, so we'd better damn well hold those entrusted to a higher standard and a swifter, more severe punishment when they break that trust.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

In spite of the historical precedence of the democratic party being anti-gun, and pro-big brother, anymore the only difference between the two are the colors of their ties, neither warrant any trust, and since the Party Leaders are moving the Marionette strings one should ask who's moving them?

I'd much rather an insurrection from within govt than one with the citizenry and Law enforcement....let them eat their own, let them expose one anther's corruption, graft, racketeering, skimming, crony-capitalism, "Americanism" quid-pro-quo, et.al.  
There's plenty enough of these same people from the populace, but they didn't swear an oath to God, Country, and the People, so we'd better damn well hold those entrusted to a higher standard and a swifter, more severe punishment when they break that trust.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
for the time  being I'd be okay with this at least we know hopeful he isn't corrupt yet.

I heard that...
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:05:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing that may be a small glimmer of hope about Gibson - isn't he one of the few Repubs in the House who tried to take down Boehner?  Boehner likes to talk tough, but at the end of the day he's just another career RINO who's more interested in sound bites than in mounting any effective opposition to Obummer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#39]

PRINTED IN IT'S ENTIRETY!!

Quoted:
A letter to the Editor:

Editor
The Corning Leader
35 W Pulteney St
Corning, NY 14830

Dear Editor,

Sheldon Silver, the Don of the elected NYC Mafia, has been caught up in the lasso of the Sheriff of the Southern District of NY, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara. Mr. Bharara, a democrat appointee, has taken it upon himself to attempt to drain the cesspool that is Albany Politics. It is a daunting task but one well worth the effort.

NY politics have always gone the way of the onerous city by the same name and with it has come other activities so prevalent in that city. Graft, corruption, theft and misdeeds against the citizenry have long been the standard fare for the City, and State, Government. Tammany Hall, the corrupt governance of the 1800’s never really ended it just changed faces and names. Heck, the Sullivan Gun Laws were pushed through by NYS Senator “Big Tim” Sullivan so that his organized crime buddies didn’t have to worry about being shot by their victims.

Mr. Bharara picked up the ball after Governor Andrew “Princess” Cuomo shut down the Moreland Commission. That commission was started after another few NY politicians were indicted for corruption by the same U.S. Attorney. Dear Leader said it was no longer necessary as he had reached a deal with the Senate and Assembly leadership on ethics reform. A few scant months later that same Assembly leader, Sheldon Silver, is indicted for five counts of public corruption and it is alleged he received approximately $6 million in bribes and kickbacks. Hmmmmm.

The Governor is caught between a rock and a hard place. If things were just he would call for Silver to step down as speaker, but in NY things are twisted. If he does not call for it then he appears complicit and if he does he runs the risk of Shelly taking him down with the rat filled sinking ship.

Congratulations Mr. Bharara, thank you and happy hunting.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A letter to the Editor:

Editor

The Corning Leader

35 W Pulteney St

Corning, NY 14830

Dear Editor,

Sheldon Silver, the Don of the elected NYC Mafia, has been caught up in the lasso of the Sheriff of the Southern District of NY, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara. Mr. Bharara, a democrat appointee, has taken it upon himself to attempt to drain the cesspool that is Albany Politics. It is a daunting task but one well worth the effort.

NY politics have always gone the way of the onerous city by the same name and with it has come other activities so prevalent in that city. Graft, corruption, theft and misdeeds against the citizenry have long been the standard fare for the City, and State, Government. Tammany Hall, the corrupt governance of the 1800’s never really ended it just changed faces and names. Heck, the Sullivan Gun Laws were pushed through by NYS Senator "Big Tim” Sullivan so that his organized crime buddies didn’t have to worry about being shot by their victims.

Mr. Bharara picked up the ball after Governor Andrew "Princess” Cuomo shut down the Moreland Commission. That commission was started after another few NY politicians were indicted for corruption by the same U.S. Attorney. Dear Leader said it was no longer necessary as he had reached a deal with the Senate and Assembly leadership on ethics reform. A few scant months later that same Assembly leader, Sheldon Silver, is indicted for five counts of public corruption and it is alleged he received approximately $6 million in bribes and kickbacks. Hmmmmm.

The Governor is caught between a rock and a hard place. If things were just he would call for Silver to step down as speaker, but in NY things are twisted. If he does not call for it then he appears complicit and if he does he runs the risk of Shelly taking him down with the rat filled sinking ship.

Congratulations Mr. Bharara, thank you and happy hunting.

Congratulations!  Do you have a link to the letter online?

David

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#41]
e-edition

Continue to E-Edition

Go to Su 02/01/2015

Go to pages A4-A5
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
e-edition

Continue to E-Edition

Go to Su 02/01/2015

Go to pages A4-A5
View Quote

I'm gonna trust you on this because I can't navigate that paper's website for shit.  Can't find a way to pick a date, and under Opinion > Letters it says "no content."

But congrats.

ETA: It appears that you need to log in for certain features.  aka: subscription
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Dammit, that's new. Bastards.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Where there is a will, there's a way.

Embedded for Natty.

Nice work!
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#45]
They published "princess"?  In hard copy?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:54:18 AM EDT
[#47]
That is soooooo sweet!! Nice work.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Is it me or is this suspicious?

Government Document Warehouse Fire

Those that said they had records stored in the warehouse, which occupies nearly half a square block, included the state court system.

$100 Million...

Photos & Video

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is it me or is this suspicious?

Government Document Warehouse Fire

Those that said they had records stored in the warehouse, which occupies nearly half a square block, included the state court system.

$100 Million...

Photos & Video

View Quote

FDNY responded to a small fire they extinguished, then a little while later responded to a fire so large they couldn't enter the building.
Smells fishy or should I say smells Shelly!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top