BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They would have no idea that this is for an AR pistol, and it is really none of their business

Make
Model
Serial
Action
Caliber

that's all they need, you are compliant with state laws once it is registered
View Quote

Pistol Inspection seems like the worst idea ever.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They would have no idea that this is for an AR pistol, and it is really none of their business

Make
Model
Serial
Action
Caliber

that's all they need, you are compliant with state laws once it is registered

Exactly,  so I don't see this happening here in Suffolk
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I cant see how that county inspection bullshit would stand in court.  The item is legal in NYS or it is not.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I am sure you would not have a problem selling it, arrange a backup buyer in another county.  If suffolk fucks you you can get your money back and just have to eat an FFL transfer.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
It would be the same process as if you were buying a stripped 1911 frame...

You just have to hope you get a level headed cop behind the counter that will understand the non detachable magazine makes it compliant.... That will be the hard part...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
CMS Engine NY-10 lowers are nice quality

Specs:

Anderson upper receiver with M4 feed ramps sans the forward assist and dust port cover.  No T markings

Losik 16" 4150 steel 1x7 twist barrel with mid length gas system, government profile, and black nitride finish

ALG Defense 13" EMR V1 M-Lok compatible aluminum free float rail

PRI 5.56 muzzle brake

Aim Surplus BCG-X bolt carrier group.  Bolt and gas key finished in black nitride, carrier finished in nickel boron

DSA 6 position carbine extension

Magpul black CTR stock

LMT two stage trigger

BCM Mod1 pistol grip

Primary Arms MD-ADS, 2 MOA red dot

ADM T1 1/3 co witness mount

Magpul Pro front and rear BUIS

VCAS sling in Coyote Brown.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice job Albert. Maybe we can get a few more guys to post their builds. Craig
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Any chance we can get some pics of the pistol build?

I want one of these lowers, might say hell with it though and go with a pistol build. Then I could use it to hunt with in shotgun only areas.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I want one of these lowers, might say hell with it though and go with a pistol build. Then I could use it to hunt with in shotgun only areas.
View Quote

Hmm... as a pistol, you would also be exempt from the ENCON law that prohibits carrying a loaded long gun in your vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hmm... as a pistol, you would also be exempt from the ENCON law that prohibits carrying a loaded long gun in your vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need to buy a trench coat to conceal it though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Any word on a .308 version??
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered the last one possibly ever today.  He has had no interest from anyone looking to buy any and may not be making another run of them
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#13]

If I send you a steel 6.8 SPC mag, can you make one in that caliber?

Link Posted: 10/22/2015 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was considering one of these for a pistol build but after the Unsafe Act passed I vowed I would not spend any more money to temporarily remain compliant in this communist hellhole.  I believe that we are one tragedy away from Unsafe II.  I would not be surprised if the Albany idiots mandate surrender next; after all who is to stop them, the Federal Courts??
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I ordered the last one possibly ever today.  He has had no interest from anyone looking to buy any and may not be making another run of them
View Quote

I  better order another one quick,, Does he has any available for sale?
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes he can, he has no lowers left and very well not be making anymore due to lack of interest.  If you guys really want them, and are willing to pay for them then shoot him an email and let him know.  He has done two batches and has had no one show any interest for more of them.

Shoot him an email at
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I sent Craig an email this morning as well.
I am hoping we can get enough interest where he will make another set.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Was considering one of these for a pistol build but after the Unsafe Act passed I vowed I would not spend any more money to temporarily remain compliant in this communist hellhole.  I believe that we are one tragedy away from Unsafe II.  I would not be surprised if the Albany idiots mandate surrender next; after all who is to stop them, the Federal Courts??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but it would let you flaunt an evil as fuck pistol that is perfectly legal.  If you intend to SBR it after getting the fuck out of NY, all it will cost you is a new lower receiver and the $200 stamp.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Damn I didnt even realize the .308 lowers were done
Email sent to Craig!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes he can, he has no lowers left and very well not be making anymore due to lack of interest.  If you guys really want them, and are willing to pay for them then shoot him an email and let him know.  He has done two batches and has had no one show any interest for more of them.

Shoot him an email at
[email protected]

Email sent to Craig!!

There are no 308 lowers, their will probably never be any after speaking to him.  No one is buying them at all so he is not motivated to make any more in 5.56 let alone 308
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There are no 308 lowers, their will probably never be any after speaking to him.  No one is buying them at all so he is not motivated to make any more in 5.56 let alone 308
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoot him an email at
[email protected]

Email sent to Craig!!

He should sell them to AIM, Atlantic, or PSA.  They'll move.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoot him an email at
[email protected]

Email sent to Craig!!

That sucks, quality product to keep you in the guide lines while sporting the evil features.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't panic. I will do another run after the first of the year. At some point if they catch on more, I will do more of them. They are not going away. I would entertain licensing some one else to make them as long as they did not sky rocket the price. Craig
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Don't panic. I will do another run after the first of the year. At some point if they catch on more, I will do more of them. They are not going away. I would entertain licensing some one else to make them as long as they did not sky rocket the price. Craig
View Quote

Keep us posted. I'll be in for a couple.

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I could always buy another
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't worry guys. I will take care of you.I just want to finish up my new rifle design and then I will do another run. Probably January. Craig
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Don't worry guys. I will take care of you.I just want to finish up my new rifle design and then I will do another run. Probably January. Craig
View Quote

New design? Do tell
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Custom one off single stack NY-10 in .450 BM en route.  Pics to follow.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Maybe an upside-down Mannlicher magazine where you pull down the mag, drop in a stripper clip, push the mag back up, and the stripper clip falls out the bottom?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Maybe an upside-down Mannlicher magazine where you pull down the mag, drop in a stripper clip, push the mag back up, and the stripper clip falls out the bottom?
View Quote

Wouldn't a slot need to be in for the stripper clip to go through? It wouldn't be a guaranteed fit if the clip is bent on the bottom, correct? Do magpul mags have such a space?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Wouldn't a slot need to be in for the stripper clip to go through? It wouldn't be a guaranteed fit if the clip is bent on the bottom, correct? Do magpul mags have such a space?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would need to build a fixed mag and follower assembly.  Maybe put it on rails so it can slide down.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#33]
A drop down mag on a rail type system, where you can rotate it out to load is already patented. The guy is just sitting on it.They call them torpedo patents. They wait until someone does it, they wait a few years and then sue for damages. It was a design I had and my patent atty. squashed it when he found it. It dates back to 2005. Craig
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A drop down mag on a rail type system, where you can rotate it out to load is already patented. The guy is just sitting on it.They call them torpedo patents. They wait until someone does it, they wait a few years and then sue for damages. It was a design I had and my patent atty. squashed it when he found it. It dates back to 2005. Craig
View Quote

Sticking to expired patents should prevent problems with patent trolls.  An AR lower with a rotary Johnson mag would be cool.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm interested in one as well...
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#36]
GT. I have never seen the inner workings of a Johnson rotary mag. Point me in the right direction. I am up for it. Craig
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
GT. I have never seen the inner workings of a Johnson rotary mag. Point me in the right direction. I am up for it. Craig
View Quote

Can't find any photos of the magazine internals, but here's the patent:

https://www.google.com/patents/US2341869
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Please make me a 308!!  
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#40]
I would suggest a magazine similar to a nail gun. Load the stripper clip from the bottom into a guide. Then pull the follower down passed the lowest round. A spring-loaded hook grabs the rounds and pushes them up. The clip falls out of the bottom. You can copy the mechanism from pneumatic nailers.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Just mark it .458 socom.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Ill take 2 and will pay in advance!!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please make me a 308!!  

Ill take 2 and will pay in advance!!  

Yes.  And have friends who want that too.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Are these still available?
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Just got my NY-10 lower from Craig a couple weeks ago. Great guy and extremely easy to deal with. Had it shipped to a local FFL and that was that. Here it is mated to a PSA premium rifle kit. Sadly I am having some fitment issues with the front takedown pin, but that is a result of the hand guard that PSA supplied, not the NY-10 itself. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the receiver!

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#45]
The 308 version I probably will not do, at least for a while. Here is what I will do to help out. The problem with doing a fixed mag is that if you have a feeding issue and several rounds jammed up in the action, you can not remove or drop the mag down to help clear it. You can not open the receiver because the bolt is not fully closed. For those who want to do 308, send me your receiver and mag and I will make it non detachable with the ability to drop down for ease of clearing. It is possible I may be able to put a load port in the side,I will just have to see. You can contact me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The 308 version I probably will not do, at least for a while. Here is what I will do to help out. The problem with doing a fixed mag is that if you have a feeding issue and several rounds jammed up in the action, you can not remove or drop the mag down to help clear it. You can not open the receiver because the bolt is not fully closed. For those who want to do 308, send me your receiver and mag and I will make it non detachable with the ability to drop down for ease of clearing. It is possible I may be able to put a load port in the side,I will just have to see. You can contact me at [email protected]
View Quote

Hmmmm.  Let me pick up that .450 lower from you that is sitting at my FFL and then perhaps I will ship you my PSA .308 lower
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any chance you'd do the work on an 80% receiver?
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Beautiful but evil
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Goodorbit. If I finish your 80 percenter, It has to go through an FFL for you to receive it. No different than any other completed receiver. Craig
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top