Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Have you tried to load the mag yet?
How is it?

View Quote

IMO you have to hold with 3 fingers in the loading port and thumb under mag. This allows you to evenly snap rds in and seat/slide to rear. Other techniques are more likely to cause tip/tilt and other issue that wouldn't happen with a mag free in your hand. Also...NO way are you able to remove unfired rds from mag without either cycling them thru or breaking open the receiver and thumbing them off the top of the mag. (i.e....FAB-10)
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The way I have found easiest to load for me is I tilt muzzle down and roll rifle counter clockwise a little. I put 5 or6 rounds in my hand and just put one in the port. It will slide forward and line up on the mag well front wall. I just push it down and insert the next. If you have the muzzle up, the rounds will get hung up on the rear of the mag. Craig
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks great guys! Keep the pics coming! Also I had forgotten about the SCR. It's definitely a solid option too. After looking at the pics of guns with pistol grips I think I'll definitely go with a 10/20 pmag. It was only after installing my spur that I thought the 10 rounders looked good. With a pistol grip a 10/20 will look more visually balanced. At least to me anyway.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:25:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was going to pick up an SCR this summer, but I might opt for one of these builds instead.

Anyone have a review up yet?
View Quote

There will be one soon. I'm inviting quite a few people with more AR experience than me to test it - if you're near Syracuse you are welcome to join.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There will be one soon. I'm inviting quite a few people with more AR experience than me to test it - if you're near Syracuse you are welcome to join.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was going to pick up an SCR this summer, but I might opt for one of these builds instead.

Anyone have a review up yet?

My lower is "in the mail" .  I'm from Buffalo but would make the trip to Syracuse to join in on an AR party that thumbs our collective noses at Uncle Cuomo.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Now someone needs to develop a curved stripper clip or speedfeed that will fit in there nice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now someone needs to develop a curved stripper clip or speedfeed that will fit in there nice.
View Quote

That would be really cool. With longer reloading times being the biggest drawback it would be great to see some kind of speed loader implemented. Not sure how it could be accomplished though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a couple ideas on a speed loader. I just have not had the time to experiment. If anyone has some ideas, I can work with you on it. Don't worry, I will sign a N/D and it will be yours. Not my style to steal ideas. I have enough of my own not getting done. Craig
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Money transfered 5 days ago after a hangup with paypal but no response to my emails since. Help?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Money transfered 5 days ago after a hangup with paypal but no response to my emails since. Help?
View Quote

He will get back to you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a couple ideas on a speed loader. I just have not had the time to experiment. If anyone has some ideas, I can work with you on it. Don't worry, I will sign a N/D and it will be yours. Not my style to steal ideas. I have enough of my own not getting done. Craig
View Quote

I have a badass idea but zero engineering prowess.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He will get back to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He will get back to you.

ffl dealer going on vacation for 2 weeks on wednesday. Not good! If it hasn't been shipped i'd like to know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#14]
J Dam. If you are who I think you are, I responded yesterday morning. If you did not receive it, send me another E-Mail. HIGHSPEED. Send me a drawing, maybe I can make it happen for you. One thing that would help me  is if in your E-MAIL, you guys could let me know who you are on this site. That way I can E-Mail you directly with answers. If for some reason you do not want to do that, I understand. Craig
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
J Dam. If you are who I think you are, I responded yesterday morning. If you did not receive it, send me another E-Mail. HIGHSPEED. Send me a drawing, maybe I can make it happen for you. One thing that would help me  is if in your E-MAIL, you guys could let me know who you are on this site. That way I can E-Mail you directly with answers. If for some reason you do not want to do that, I understand. Craig
View Quote

Wasn't me, just checked everything including my spam box. I'll send you another email now. FFL dealer going out of town and I just wanted to know if it shipped. Rather find another dealer so i don't have to drive all the way to Syracuse but the ones around here are so damn paranoid it's ridiculous.

Edit - FOUND IT!   It WAS me. Responded...
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Wasn't me, just checked everything including my spam box. I'll send you another email now. FFL dealer going out of town and I just wanted to know if it shipped. Rather find another dealer so i don't have to drive all the way to Syracuse but the ones around here are so damn paranoid it's ridiculous.

View Quote

I might know a guy that would be willing to do the transfer in our area if you need to use someone else. I would have to call and ask but he doesn't seem like the paranoid type.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I Think I now have every version of NY compliant AR. I REALLY like the SCR for a precision rifle.  It's a CRIME that we're even entertaining this but...silver lining, it's a reason to obsess over building a whole new category of AR's The NY-10 is a great "stick it to the man" I'm abiding by the law and I will persevere. So...here's one in all it's goodness/badness.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0xNCqqD62Ts/VQGu8QzSrQI/AAAAAAAAAaY/8KNcpeQfwIY/w940-h315-no/DSCN0590.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/--Zzhyx2Dhuk/VQGvAml7DzI/AAAAAAAAAZ0/6LcH4Yox11Q/w941-h293-no/DSCN0591.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nmcRrSEqd4Y/VQGvCpb02DI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/jbM9yxNK-MA/w941-h298-no/DSCN0592.JPG
View Quote
shame on you for no bayo lug

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Craig I meant to tell you, just in case you were never warned, paypal is staffed by a bunch of anti-gun communist asshole motherfuckers, who will lock or freeze your account at even the slightest hint of having to do with anything gun related. Make sure to remind your customers if there gonna add a notation to the order use something cryptic.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Kinda like flexible railroad track for cartridges.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Id be in for a pistol marked lower.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I might know a guy that would be willing to do the transfer in our area if you need to use someone else. I would have to call and ask but he doesn't seem like the paranoid type.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already shipped but i appreciate the offer. I am always in the hunt for new dealers in the area though!
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:42:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Craig,
I sent you a email the other day.
Looking to join the club.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Got the call this morning & ran right over to Volko, very very nice, I think I'm going to build it up into an A4 with a 20" 1/7" twist pencil barrel & a match trigger.
As has been said before Volko was excellent
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Got the call this morning & ran right over to Volko, very very nice, I think I'm going to build it up into an A4 with a 20" 1/7" twist pencil barrel & a match trigger.
As has been said before Volko was excellent
View Quote

Waiting on mine to be shipped to be shipped to an FFL here. My brother will be getting it as his first AR when I leave NY.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Picked up my lower from Volko yesterday, cant say enough how awesome this thing is.

Cant wait to slap it together and get to the range.

Also its been a few years since I've been to Volko, Ron and Victor are an Assett to us here on LI.

Use them for all your transfers!! Top Notch
View Quote

was there Wens morn for mine as well. I almost walked out with yours until we realized that it wasnt my serial #. Dont worry I didnt finger f*ck it to bad without there being a trigger and all

actually maybe it was GAR, whichever one of y'all is a fan of the 2nd ammendment in NY

And it cant be said enough, Ron and Victor are the best there is.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

was there Wens morn for mine as well. I almost walked out with yours until we realized that it wasnt my serial #. Dont worry I didnt finger f*ck it to bad without there being a trigger and all

actually maybe it was GAR, whichever one of y'all is a fan of the 2nd ammendment in NY

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Picked up my lower from Volko yesterday, cant say enough how awesome this thing is.
Cant wait to slap it together and get to the range.
Also its been a few years since I've been to Volko, Ron and Victor are an Assett to us here on LI.
Use them for all your transfers!! Top Notch

Can't be mine, it did not arrive until Friday.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#28]
These are well worth the money. High quality.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:36:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

More pics!  Preferably complete. Definitely want one marked pistol.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:18:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do later today. The fit and finish is top notch. I still need a buffer tube asembly and stock but should have one today.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Any options incase I wanted to get the rest of the rifle coated to match? Or getting a Unfinshed lower?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Will do later today. The fit and finish is top notch. I still need a buffer tube asembly and stock but should have one today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn it feels like the 29th has been going on for days now

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Groundhog day. Hold on you savage
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Still need a buffer tube assembly so pardon the tape. Finishing my upper soon.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150331_075810_zpsokadjwp2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150331_075810_zpsokadjwp2.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looking good!  I really want to do a pistol build on one of these just because.  Any word on when we will see pistol marked lowers?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Looking good!  I really want to do a pistol build on one of these just because.  Any word on when we will see pistol marked lowers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150331_075810_zpsokadjwp2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150331_075810_zpsokadjwp2.jpg</a>

Yea, that's been tempting me to build one ....
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Who is selling these lowers?

Never mind, was to lazy to read before
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#38]
I love the 5.56 version, now if only there was an AR10 version!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:28:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I love the 5.56 version, now if only there was an AR10 version!
View Quote

Marked "Pistol"
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I see there is a growing interest in pistol marked NY 10's. I spoke with Craig and he is going to try to do some with the next batch of lowers. The guys that want these, please indicate this to Craig when you email him. I hope everyone is very happy with the NY 10 and I was really hoping to see a lot more pics of your builds, but I'm hoping the are coming soon

Frank
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I see there is a growing interest in pistol marked NY 10's. I spoke with Craig and he is going to try to do some with the next batch of lowers. The guys that want these, please indicate this to Craig when you email him. I hope everyone is very happy with the NY 10 and I was really hoping to see a lot more pics of your builds, but I'm hoping the are coming soon

Frank
View Quote

Picking up the buffer tube assembly from Penrod72 tonight and will be posting better pictures once I have that. Then range day Saturday with pictures, video, and a full after action report.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#42]
The fit and finish is pretty darn impressive. Any marks are from my non nylon hammer....need to get a new one.

Again the tape is just to hold in my buffer detent and takedown pin detent before the collapsible stock goes on.

That's right - pistol grip, collapsible stock, flash hider, front vertical grip, bayonet, AND A PMAG. Ask 41magluva, I am a stickler for following the rules and I feel much better about this being SAFE compliant than an MR2 or even my featureless build.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Penrod72 hooked me up with the Buffer Tube Assembly!

Upper going on tomorrow. Put a stray upper on it for photo purposes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Upper going on tomorrow. Put a stray upper on it for photo purposes.<a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150402_191627_zpslegtngp8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150402_191627_zpslegtngp8.jpg</a><a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150402_191639_zpsl0vxxypr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150402_191639_zpsl0vxxypr.jpg</a><a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150402_191652_zpsqymeo20d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150402_191652_zpsqymeo20d.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150402_195052_zps1vkmyq0t.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150402_195052_zps1vkmyq0t.jpg</a><a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150402_195057_zps2g0elexb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150402_195057_zps2g0elexb.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks good!
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Just went back and forth with Craig on emails.  Going to order a few when he's good to go.  

Good thing I kept the coordinates of that boating accident, phew!!  Could use the uppers now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Photo reminds me I need more Miralax- my lower has been a little backed up and I am hoping for a thread on how to unload it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just went back and forth with Craig on emails.  Going to order a few when he's good to go.  

Good thing I kept the coordinates of that boating accident, phew!!  Could use the uppers now.
View Quote

I didn't see where his email is listed. Could you PM it to me or point out where it's located?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Looks good!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Upper going on tomorrow. Put a stray upper on it for photo purposes.<a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150402_191627_zpslegtngp8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150402_191627_zpslegtngp8.jpg</a><a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150402_191639_zpsl0vxxypr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150402_191639_zpsl0vxxypr.jpg</a><a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150402_191652_zpsqymeo20d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150402_191652_zpsqymeo20d.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150402_195052_zps1vkmyq0t.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150402_195052_zps1vkmyq0t.jpg</a><a href="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/highspeedforlife/media/20150402_195057_zps2g0elexb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/highspeedforlife/20150402_195057_zps2g0elexb.jpg</a>

Looks good!

Agreed! It's making me want one for a rifle as well as a one marked pistol.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:06:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I didn't see where his email is listed. Could you PM it to me or point out where it's located?  Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page one, original post.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm so in for a 7.62 lower.  Was going to look at the POF Revolt, but that would change my mind and save my wallet!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top