I saw pics of beer shelves being empty at stores
now it really is shit hit the fan time
View Quote

The Tops in EA is literally empty.

Think about that for a second.

Empty.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I graduated from Genseo in 07, did something change, never thought Mia's had even decent pizza?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a really funny picture regarding that........ Dredging through the snow with their 18 packs of bud light. I pulled u to them while I was working and asked if they could spare a few......they laughed
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ditto, Man, be careful!...its still nuts out there....after about 5 hours of hard digging, my wife and I finally have a slot big enough to get her car out. And a snowblower width path from the garage to her car, and a path from the front door, and sidewalk to the driveway. At least maybe tomorrow we can get the car out, The car still has 5 feet of snow on the roof...my car is buried, with 5 to 6' of snow behind it...don't know when we'll get that dug out.

Saw a couple of you guys drive down the street (Lombardy) Wednesday when I was digging...then backed back out, so I am guessing the streets at the other end were impassable....waved to you guys on your way back...

Anyway, hope you guys get some rest and stay safe. Thank god we are safe and home, and the furnace is working, and we have plenty of food. Maybe we'll try to get out tomorrow and see how bad it is, if the driving ban are lifted....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 of our 5 4x4s are broke down........even 4x4s are useless. I was stranded for about 4 hours...... Got stuck and unstuck about 5 times. Working 24 hour shifts, sleeping at work.....etc....etc.  I feel bad for those stranded in cars. We can't even get to them, we are telling them to sit tight as long as they have gas.  Medical emergency/stranded out of gas well try to come get you.  Other than that your on your own until highway gets some paths made

Stay warm and stay safe brother

Ditto, Man, be careful!...its still nuts out there....after about 5 hours of hard digging, my wife and I finally have a slot big enough to get her car out. And a snowblower width path from the garage to her car, and a path from the front door, and sidewalk to the driveway. At least maybe tomorrow we can get the car out, The car still has 5 feet of snow on the roof...my car is buried, with 5 to 6' of snow behind it...don't know when we'll get that dug out.

Saw a couple of you guys drive down the street (Lombardy) Wednesday when I was digging...then backed back out, so I am guessing the streets at the other end were impassable....waved to you guys on your way back...

Anyway, hope you guys get some rest and stay safe. Thank god we are safe and home, and the furnace is working, and we have plenty of food. Maybe we'll try to get out tomorrow and see how bad it is, if the driving ban are lifted....

I think our neck of he woods is out of the storm for now......stay safe. You need anything IM me......I'll checkin periodically but I've been really busy......sleep......yeah right.......maybe Dino will let us have a day off......but I doubt it
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#6]
OT at least, right?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OT at least, right?
View Quote

Yes......... Inhuman amounts
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FP did Ft. Drum do away with the whole collection?  I had a friend who worked up there but he was exiled escaped  to Wyoming.
View Quote
FIFY

Inside they have a few mock ups representing "the sand box" while outside there's a Sherman Tank, a M151, and IIRC a UH-1 variant (maybe it was a Cobra, I just can't remember for sure) A nice collection of com-bloc weapons as well as the standard WWII & Korea era bring backs; can't remember if Vietnam was represented for sure or of it overlapped the Korean diorama.  

Your friend that exiled wasn't named "Dollar" was he?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Empty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Empty.

I hear you, sadly too many just won't get it until they can't get it.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think our neck of he woods is out of the storm for now......stay safe. You need anything IM me......I'll checkin periodically but I've been really busy......sleep......yeah right.......maybe Dino will let us have a day off......but I doubt it
View Quote

Yeah, that's what they say...of course now we have to worry about a rapid melt....

But at least maybe you guys can catch up, and get some rest. I think we are good for now, luckily....but thanks!

Think, maybe with all the overtime you can buy something cool like a SCAR...oh, wait, no you can't....oh, wait yes YOU can...

And enjoy it, at least until you retire....

Seriously, Thanks for all you guys do for us...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FIFY

Inside they have a few mock ups representing "the sand box" while outside there's a Sherman Tank, a M151, and IIRC a UH-1 variant (maybe it was a Cobra, I just can't remember for sure) A nice collection of com-bloc weapons as well as the standard WWII & Korea era bring backs; can't remember if Vietnam was represented for sure or of it overlapped the Korean diorama.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FP did Ft. Drum do away with the whole collection?  I had a friend who worked up there but he was exiled escaped  to Wyoming.
FIFY

Doug Cubbison, I guess he is more of an acquaintance than a friend- He is in Casper, Wyoming now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#14]
the governor is heading into south buffalo for a tour just in case anyone int the area would  like to thank him for the 1200 pieces of snow removal equipment that he says are working hard to open thnigs up
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I graduated from Genseo in 07, did something change, never thought Mia's had even decent pizza?
View Quote

Are you comparing it to downstate pizza? I don't miss much about LI, but even the best pizza up here does not compare.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's what they say...of course now we have to worry about a rapid melt....

But at least maybe you guys can catch up, and get some rest. I think we are good for now, luckily....but thanks!

Think, maybe with all the overtime you can buy something cool like a SCAR...oh, wait, no you can't....oh, wait yes YOU can...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol......I'd love to buy a SCAR. But I refuse to because I'd have to register it.......
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Did governor cumstain ban snowstorms yet?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If all NY AWBs went away a SCAR 17 would probably be my first purchase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol......I'd love to buy a SCAR. But I refuse to because I'd have to register it.......

If all NY AWBs went away a SCAR 17 would probably be my first purchase.

Actually the first thing I'd do is have the 6 barrelled AK kits I'm sitting on built.  Then the SCAR.

tavor would be my first ..  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
the governor is heading into south buffalo for a tour just in case anyone int the area would  like to thank him for the 1200 pieces of snow removal equipment that he says are working hard to open thnigs up
View Quote

FUAC. Know when and where?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

pretty sure he hasn't banned snowballs yet  

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you comparing it to downstate pizza? I don't miss much about LI, but even the best pizza up here does not compare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh ..... this is a conversation that should probably not happen
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Somebody talk about the bagels!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't imagine that people who are snowed in and surviving on ramen and stale beer would be terribly picky when it comes to pizza.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I can't imagine that people who are snowed in and surviving on ramen and stale beer would be terribly picky when it comes to pizza.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually we have been eating venison and pheasant
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Main Moon also used to have good Chinese.
View Quote

Still does.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well no...
But no one was actually open until today!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:35:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Empty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Empty.

The Ithaca Wegmans was packed more than normal Friday and we're supposed to be getting a thaw this weekend
We finally got more than a dusting yesterday and I guess it finally worried some people
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The Ithaca Wegmans was packed more than normal Friday and we're supposed to be getting a thaw this weekend

We finally got more than a dusting yesterday and I guess it finally worried some people
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Empty.

my local home depot still had generators and snow blowers for sale and the local Tops had plenty of food minus a bunch of shit that one BOGO.. like bagels..    i made a run right when the storm started but i guess now shits picked over wicked like...  

this flooding is going to be worse that the snow storm i fear.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Well checking in on day 5 here

Been working nonstop with rural metro ambulances and erie county medical services all week on my snowmobile. Delivering medication and trying to help transport doctors and patients to Mercy hospital.

About a truck width trail on my street from a loader but still not plowed out by any means.

National gaurd and state police are now enforcing the driving ban here blocking all major entrances and exits. Cue the Martial law and it's happening Gif.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, finally got out of the driveway today, driving is fun, can't see around any corners, its like shoot the chute out there. Wegmans (Depew on Transit) was an absolute madhouse...came home to find some douchebag front end loader guy dropped a metric shit ton of snow in my front yard, but worse of all, the cocksucker left several gigantic snow boulders right in the entrance of my drive. Least the sonofabitch could have done was got them out of there, it was obvious it was an open driveway. My wife (comically) got out of the car, and tried moving one with a shovel (it was almost as big as her)...luckily a town guy with a pickup snowplow was driving down the road, she flagged him down, and asked if he could help. He pushed them out of the way as best he could...I had to come out with the blower and shovel and clean up again....

The melt has started....I have a chunk of icicles hanging off one side of the roof, that will be deadly if it falls on someone or something....I would guess its 300lbs of ice, I tried knocking chunks off, but its too high to be effective (2 story house) I did go to the upstairs bathroom and knocked another huge chunk off from the window...

I have my fingers crossed the melt is slow enough that I don't get water in my basement.....
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#33]
As of 3:30 this afternoon, Home depot on Elmwood has several pallets of sump and utility pumps if you guys in the southtowns need them.

Do any of you South Buffalo guys have an idea as to how much snow the first ward got....specifically around the Hamburg, Louisiana, and South Park area?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Since this is the NY HTF, I want to say well done to the driver of Yates County loader L-2. great job, anything we needed moved he moved it. I might have given him some 'pizza coupons' with a dead president's picture on them. South Buff says THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Still does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still does.
What's up with their fried rice?

Is that barber on mainstreet still there?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:03:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Since this is the NY HTF, I want to say well done to the driver of Yates County loader L-2. great job, anything we needed moved he moved it. I might have given him some 'pizza coupons' with a dead president's picture on them. South Buff says THANK YOU!
View Quote

One of our Drivers at the Rescue Squad works for the State DoT:  Couple years ago when they had all that shit on Long Island they were sent a written "order" from the Govs. Office to go down there with Trucks from regions around the State: Now keep this in mind these are State workers in State owned/marked Vehicles: The GW Bridge authority would NOT allow them to cross without paying the Tolls!  After 45 minutes of arguing/calls/conferences a "Supervisor" escorted the vehicles through....wtf? really? No "thanks for coming down to help us clear the Roads" or anything else beside "you must pay us to cross."  
Up here we're somewhat Rural, the guys working are from the same Town, and most everybody you or your vehicle, of family and even though they're really not supposed to pull you out, most will ease you out of a snow bank, scoop the wind row, or any other minor to them/major to us little favor without reservation.
Please & thank you still carry a lot of weight.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still does.

No idea about the fried rice. Never had it. I always get the steamed white rice.

Can't help you on the barber either. I stop there for the Chinese food, not the haircuts.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No idea about the fried rice. Never had it. I always get the steamed white rice.

Can't help you on the barber either. I stop there for the Chinese food, not the haircuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still does.

Which one, there are a couple of "salons". You saying barber makes me think traditional, in which case I'm tempted to say no. Think Liv. Co/Genny needs its own HTF, surprised by the representation here.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top