Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/13/2014 10:38:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just getting ready to hit the road.
Good luck to everyone going into the woods this weekend.
Stay safe.
I'll be in Greene county if anyone wants to come by for a beer or three!
View Quote

You too my friend. Wear a harness.

I'll be in Lafeyette
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 3:05:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Stay safe.
View Quote

MAG settles in for a long day hunting.....
He fades off to sleep after eating a dozen egg omelet and dreams of this...
While sleeping this happens...
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#3]
That first picture brings me back.  Some of the best naps I've ever had were on state land, with a gun across my lap.

Have a great weekend, everyone.  I shall try to get out Saturday afternoon, in between shifts.  After Monday, I will be off for 8 days.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Good Luck Brothers!

I will be sitting in a tree at my Uncle's place in Otsego Co.

Let's be careful out there!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:52:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stay safe.
View Quote

I'm right off exit 21.  I will be out most of the day Saturday but if you are in the area drop me an IM.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#6]
And to all of you too. I'll be in the Filmore area this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Good luck and safe hunting to everyone. I will be heading out to Sullivan County in the next hour or so....just waiting on the beer store to open.

A whole week in the woods with no work
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Good luck! Stay warm
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Good luck! Stay warm
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Heading out in Chautauqua Co. after work today.

Good luck and be safe guys.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#11]
250 acres to myself in allegany county!  

didnt see much worth shooting during archery so i hope rifle season is better...
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

didnt see much worth shooting during archery so i hope rifle season is better...
View Quote

Do I smell an arfhunt, 2015?

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#13]
150 acres in Genesee county ... just me and my brother in law.

Oh and we don't hunt in trees... cuz we ain't monkees!

Stalking is smiling!

That can be taken oh so many ways.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm right off exit 21.  I will be out most of the day Saturday but if you are in the area drop me an IM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stay safe.

camping out at the Rip Van Winkle Motor Lodge?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#15]
good luck to all.. Ill be dutchess hunting..
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Good luck everyone.  I'll be on the west side of Monroe county.  The doe that was 40 yards out this morning won't get to make that mistake again.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't hunt, but I had 4 deer wandering through my backyard this morning.  

When they aren't eating my wife's garden, they are shitting on my lawn.  

Go get 'em, guys.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#19]
41mag, what are the chances of getting a nuisance permit for the city? Working at gregory arms apartments on thompson road the other day and hanging out in the little patch of woods behind the place was a massive 8 point!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stay safe.

Nope, live  outside of Catskill.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
41mag, what are the chances of getting a nuisance permit for the city? Working at gregory arms apartments on thompson road the other day and hanging out in the little patch of woods behind the place was a massive 8 point!
View Quote

7F.....archery tackle...
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:23:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Good luck everyone!  Hopefully we'll all have some good pictures to share by noon
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:37:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
good luck to all.. Ill be dutchess hunting..
View Quote

me too...up towards clinton. leavin in a little bit, good luck everyone
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#24]
This boy has been walking around the property as of late.  Always out of bow range.  Cant wait to make some sausage and jerky.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#25]
9 degrees this morning!  Saw 2 small doe.  Neighbor shot an 8pt 3 or 4 times he says and is now wandering around our property trying to find it.   Damn city hunters.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Saw jack shit this morning, going out again in a few hours with my dad and daughter.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Just put down a nice 8pt for the neighbor who wounded it.  6.8 wins again!  Pic up later.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Saw a nice six.  Fucker walked right up on me from behind, caught wind and high tailed it back to the next ridge and watched me.  Way to much brush to get a good shot.  Had a doe with him so hopefully he won't go far.  On the way out now.  Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/ducatiman1098s/media/2014-11/D458A5FE-814D-48BC-931B-DC4FEBCB68DE_zps5rsynh21.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/ducatiman1098s/2014-11/D458A5FE-814D-48BC-931B-DC4FEBCB68DE_zps5rsynh21.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice looking Buck.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I got a nice 8 pointer as well early this morning, not as big as the one in the pic though......nice deer!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I cld have been a dick and kept it but im not a dick.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Woke up at about 1230 and had lunch: scrambled eggs, sausage, toast with jam, coffee and juice.  Hit the woods at about 2:00pm, saw a few sets of tracks, including a lone set right at the base of my ladder stand.  At about 4:30, I began to hear shots in the distance.  At about 4:45pm I had a doe and a fawn come out about 60 yards in front of me, moving right to left.  I hit the doe, a bit back, she began to move slow and disappeared behind some trees.  I was waiting to see if a buck was following, but then I noticed her sneaking off on my left, heading for the swamp.  I fired and missed...STOVEPIPE!  I cleared the jam, she took two steps and I took a clear shot at her.  She folded like a cheap suit.  Meat in the freezer!  My first shot hit her liver and front guts, my second shot hit her where the neck met the shoulder.

Ruger .44 carbine (circa 1963) shooting 240 grain jsp handloads.

She looks bigger in this photo:    

Back to work tonight...
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#34]
My dad and brother both got does, hopefully i actually see something tomorrow.

Afternoon was good though, took my daughter out to hunt for the first time, she didnt seem too grossed out as my dad gutted his deer, good shot too, blew the heart out
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Woke up at about 1230 and had lunch: scrambled eggs, sausage, toast with jam, coffee and juice.  Hit the woods at about 2:00pm, saw a few sets of tracks, including a lone set right at the base of my ladder stand.  At about 4:30, I began to hear shots in the distance.  At about 4:45pm I had a doe and a fawn come out about 60 yards in front of me, moving right to left.  I hit the doe, a bit back, she began to move slow and disappeared behind some trees.  I was waiting to see if a buck was following, but then I noticed her sneaking off on my left, heading for the swamp.  I fired and missed...STOVEPIPE!  I cleared the jam, she took two steps and I took a clear shot at her.  She folded like a cheap suit.  Meat in the freezer!  My first shot hit her liver and front guts, my second shot hit her where the neck met the shoulder.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/liveforhuntin/imagejpg1-12.jpg

Back to work tonight...
View Quote

For a sec there I thought you shot it with a 10/22 lol.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#36]
saw zip today.. Not even a shot with 5 other guys out in the woods.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I saw nothing, and neither did my nephew or buddy.

Very quiet opening day, but we were getting pretty good lake effect snow.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:51:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Nice deer guys!  Also lol at Twisted10. That's funny.  I saw 3 today. Two were about 150yds on a trail that I don't have shooting lanes to (yet) and the 3rd was a huge doe I could have shot about a dozen times under 40yds.  She's lucky I don't like killing does at that spot since the deer population just started making a comeback there last year.  Plus I was hoping a buck was following her. No such luck. Plenty of season left!  Keep the pics coming guys. It's good motivation
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/liveforhuntin/imagejpg1-12.jpg

Back to work tonight...

Naw, then it would have the archangel stock, or whatever it's called, 9 bayonet lugs, and a 87 round 'clip'.  You know,
they shoot armor piercing cop killer depleted uranium Incindiery rounds?
Pfft, the 44 carbine doesn't even have the shoulder thing that goes up.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:42:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Nice work (and very nice mustache) Mr. 41magluva

Waking up at noon.....FSA much?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Yesterday

A Dutchess County man hunting in Stormville injured a second hunter today after firing at a dead deer being hauled out of a wooded area, according to East Fishkill police.

The second hunter, also from Dutchess, had killed a deer and was using a cart to remove it from property off Meads Lane, on Stormville Mountain, owned by the New York City Department of Environmental Protection, said Kevin Keefe, chief of the East Fishkill Police Department. The first hunter saw the deer moving, thought it was alive, fired and struck the first hunter in the hand and buttocks. The injured hunter was taken to Danbury Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The incident occurred at about 10:25 a.m. One hunter was from Wappingers Falls, the other was from Beacon. No further information was available.

Keefe said East Fishkill police assisted the state Department of Environmental Conservation police, who have jurisdiction over the incident because the state regulates hunting. The regular deer and bear southern zone hunting seasons opened at sunrise today and run through Sunday, Dec. 7.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Saw 3 doe yesterday over 7 hours.

One was about a 100 yd shot... and because I'm a little girl I decided to move closer. Got about 15 yards closer and she spooked... for some other bum on neighboring property who fired about 4 rounds at something! (I swear that happened multiple times yesterday.  Opening day sucks... everyone shooting at stuff they can't hit)

Second was in thick brush and booked as I saw her.

The third is the most embarrassing. I consider myself an above average ground hunter.  I was following a doe with a nice ghetto booty and got her into some nice tall stuff. Flushed her out at 10 yds away. Up goes the barrel and scope! Finger goes to trigger.... forgot to take the safety off. I actually never stalk with the safety on, but I had a guy with me who had never been out before and I wanted to set an example.

Next time... he learns bad habits!  
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Still hear shooting all around the house.  Definitely not as much as yesterday though.  Hoping they leave me at least to does.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Just dragged my Dad's button buck. Headed out for the rest of the day.  Good luck all
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yesterday

A Dutchess County man hunting in Stormville injured a second hunter today after firing at a dead deer being hauled out of a wooded area, according to East Fishkill police.

The second hunter, also from Dutchess, had killed a deer and was using a cart to remove it from property off Meads Lane, on Stormville Mountain, owned by the New York City Department of Environmental Protection, said Kevin Keefe, chief of the East Fishkill Police Department. The first hunter saw the deer moving, thought it was alive, fired and struck the first hunter in the hand and buttocks. The injured hunter was taken to Danbury Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The incident occurred at about 10:25 a.m. One hunter was from Wappingers Falls, the other was from Beacon. No further information was available.

Keefe said East Fishkill police assisted the state Department of Environmental Conservation police, who have jurisdiction over the incident because the state regulates hunting. The regular deer and bear southern zone hunting seasons opened at sunrise today and run through Sunday, Dec. 7.
View Quote

He's not dead! He's playing possum!  
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This boy has been walking around the property as of late.  Always out of bow range.  Cant wait to make some sausage and jerky.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee502/OBrien-33/20141115_084608.jpg
View Quote

Good kill.

I saw two doe at sunrise. Saw a coyote chasing a small buck around noon.
The land where we hunt is usually thriving with deer. I think the coyotes may have taken over the area.
Going to have to put a hurtin on the squirrel population as well.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yesterday

View Quote

I can believe that happening, a lot of hunters I've met are complete fucking retards.   Same goes for salmon season, it brings out the same batch of mind numbingly retarded fucks that are so worried about getting their limit or filling their tag that they throw caution and intelligence to the wind.   Shit yesterday morning was a chorus of guys firing off 5 rounds as fast as they could.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#48]
4 doe today.  No clear shots.  

I may go back out or i may keep drinking coffee next to the fire!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I can believe that happening, a lot of hunters I've met are complete fucking retards.   Same goes for salmon season, it brings out the same batch of mind numbingly retarded fucks that are so worried about getting their limit or filling their tag that they throw caution and intelligence to the wind.   Shit yesterday morning was a chorus of guys firing off 5 rounds as fast as they could.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yesterday

I kept hearing 2-5 shots every time someone started shooting.  It was ridiculous.  Good thing I was back in the house by 9.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#50]
First time hunter here.

I went out to the rolling hills of Wyoming County. Saw a doe around sunrise in some thick brush. Nothing for the rest of the day except squirrels and woodpeckers.
Hopefully something comes my way tomorrow morning.

Good luck all!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top