Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2014 9:58:23 PM EDT
I checked their website, but it didn't have what the issue sidearm of Onondaga county is, or if any other models are approved. There was only a general reference to the Armorer Division. What long guns do they issue, too?  State police? I heard a few years ago the staties issued a Glock in .45GAP, but that may have changed because that cartridge really hasn't taken off, despite any perceived or real advantages it may offer. I have no personal experience with it myself. For automatics, I'm strictly a 9mm or .45ACP person (except for a .22LR-gotta have a .22, especially back when I bought mine .22LR ammo grew on trees and was cheap as hell)

Anyone know a listing or a website showing listing of issue firearms (at least sidearms) of agencies in the state or nationally?  My web search wasn't very successful.  I would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Last I knew OCSD was issuing Glock 21s
NYSP still fields 45 GAP
Theres enough Troopers posting here with knowledge of what long guns they do or do not issue that I'll leave it to them
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Should be Colt Python's and Sharps Carbines IIRC
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Cuomo detail should be issued bully clubs and whistles only along with Bill Gates and bumfuck details.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#5]
NCPD issues Sig Fo'Tays 226R and 229R.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Cuomo detail should be issued bully clubs dildos and whistles only along with Bill Gates and bumfuck details.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cuomo detail should be issued bully clubs dildos and whistles only along with Bill Gates and bumfuck details.

I fixed it to be more better....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
NYSP G37 and G39 (selected units)

Remington 870 14" shotguns

What few AR's that are issued are mostly Colt 6920's and a few RRA's.

SORT uses nearly all Colt 10 1/2" select fire carbines. A few MP-5's floating around.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
removed
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Syracuse PD should be carrying Mac11's. It's what they are up against
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
My first ignore
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My first ignore
View Quote

Somebody tell him I apologize, I allowed my bitterness and anger over recent politics and enforcements in NY to get the better of me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Somebody tell him I apologize, I allowed my bitterness and anger over recent politics and enforcements in NY to get the better of me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first ignore

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Syracuse PD should be carrying Mac11's. It's what they are up against
View Quote

S&W M&P  .45acp, and their M&P ar-15, Remington 870P, throw in a few colt 10.5" bbl with happy switches (ERT)
x26 Tasers, and some shotguns that are designated to be used with less lethal ammo.

But most important is the VERBAL JUDO!

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I want to get tased
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first ignore

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I want to get tased
View Quote

I suspect you'll have a change of heart after you've taken the ride.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I want to get tased
View Quote

No you don't.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:33:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you for the input, people.  

Just this afternoon at my post office, I saw a state trooper with a taser on his duty belt along with his issue sidearm, another poster mentioned earlier.

I remember years ago the Syracuse PD had S&W .45ACP's from the 4500 series. So they stuck with S&W autos but now with the M&P. A good piece from my understanding.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I want to get tased
View Quote

Watch some youtube videos then if you still want to get is, we'll arrange for it.....better have a good sense of humor, because everyone will be laughing at you.  

We were playing with a "stun-gun" my Brother got; now this thing wasn't just like the sparks arcing across a couple electrodes, no this fucker was more like a plasma welder....it didn't "click & pop"  it was more like the amplified sound of bacon sizzling.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
NYSP G37 and G39 (selected units)

Remington 870 14" shotguns

What few AR's that are issued are mostly Colt 6920's and a few RRA's.

SORT uses nearly all Colt 10 1/2" select fire carbines. A few MP-5's floating around.
View Quote

Sadly, (at least up here) the riflemen were only qualifying at 100yds....at least those that are, can shoot well beyond that range.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:20:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Wayne County Sheriffs are using M&P 40cal Rem 870 shotgun along with select Ar15 in the Sgt's patrol Car and local PD's are using Glock 23 and Rem 870 shotgun
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Wicked accurate with the slugs, never fail to get a great group. The sights are Trijicon.

The Ithacas were beat to shit. Rack the action to clear a fires casing and two fresh ones would follow it out onto the ground. Hated those damned things.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wicked accurate with the slugs, never fail to get a great group. The sights are Trijicon.

The Ithacas were beat to shit. Rack the action to clear a fires casing and two fresh ones would follow it out onto the ground. Hated those damned things.
View Quote

I hear the same thing about our 15 year old Remingtons
Its a maintenance issue, not a design flaw
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#25]
But at least our Remmies have real sights and don't beat you to death. The only issue is the absolutely retarded light they put on some of them. I'm trying to get one for my bureau car so I can put my extra SureFire LED forend on it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Watch some youtube videos then if you still want to get is, we'll arrange for it.....better have a good sense of humor, because everyone will be laughing at you.  

We were playing with a "stun-gun" my Brother got; now this thing wasn't just like the sparks arcing across a couple electrodes, no this fucker was more like a plasma welder....it didn't "click & pop"  it was more like the amplified sound of bacon sizzling.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to get tased

My fraternity used to wake up the drunkards with a stun gun to the upper inner thigh. Not sure of the power but enough to make me wake up with a hard on made of diamonds

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#27]
I am curious what the NYSP SDM use. Are they Remington's? still .308?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Savages and Remington's, all .308.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
NY DOC still rolls with .38 wheel guns.  Seen that a couple times when they've brought guys from Auburn or Elmira to court.  Their holsters lack any retention system other than a thumb strap.
View Quote

I thought the plan was to send the old NYSP  Glock 17s to DOCS when NYSP went to the 45 GAP?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm still trying to figure out why they abandoned the G17 in the first place.
View Quote

Because pretty much outside of NYC has abandoned the 9 mm
The Staties had to be special and couldn't go to the G22 like literally everyone else that I can see working in my area
I'm hearing the GAP is doing OK for them stopping-wise, so it hasn't been a bad choice for them in that regard
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I thought the plan was to send the old NYSP  Glock 17s to DOCS when NYSP went to the 45 GAP?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NY DOC still rolls with .38 wheel guns.  Seen that a couple times when they've brought guys from Auburn or Elmira to court.  Their holsters lack any retention system other than a thumb strap.

They have them, but it's only for their CERT teams.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's just odd to go with a proprietary cartridge like that.  Limits choices and requires continuing manufacturer support in a way that 9mm, .40, and .45 never will.

SPD uses M&Ps, I think in .40.  A client of mine that's a detective said that they're happy with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Staties had to be special and couldn't go to the G22 like literally everyone else that I can see working in my area
I'm hearing the GAP is doing OK for them stopping-wise, so it hasn't been a bad choice for them in that regard

It's just odd to go with a proprietary cartridge like that.  Limits choices and requires continuing manufacturer support in a way that 9mm, .40, and .45 never will.

SPD uses M&Ps, I think in .40.  A client of mine that's a detective said that they're happy with them.

SPD carries .45acp.  You know why?  Because carrying an Arfcommer around gets heavy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
SPD carries .45acp.  You know why?  Because carrying an Arfcommer around gets heavy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The G17, 22 and 37 were tested head to head by a couple hundred road troopers and investigators as well as special unit personnel. Then a blind critique was done, the GAP had nearly 85% of the vote. It has been very positive in the 18 OIS incidents since its adoption.

The impetus to move away from 9mm was the shooting of Tpr Andy Sperr in Chemung County.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top