Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 8:17:12 PM EDT
This is an excellent in-depth article and I encourage everyone to follow the link and read all 3 pages. Some highlights are posted below. I left out the low-participant poll numbers and unSAFE info, but it's all in there.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/391422/astorino-still-battling-cuomo-deroy-murdock

‘October 29, 2014 4:00 PM

There is no inevitability with Andrew Cuomo,” Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino says of his Democratic opponent for governor of New York. “He is under federal investigation for corruption. Our state is dead last in almost everything. That people are voting with their feet in record numbers and moving out of here should tell you that things are bad. And they are going to stay bad unless we change governors and change these policies.”

...in the September 9 Democratic primary, Cuomo lost 24 of the Empire State’s 62 counties to the spectacularly named Zephyr Teachout. The Fordham Law School professor even defeated Cuomo in Albany County, his seat of power. It is startling for an incumbent governor to win only 62.9 percent of the primary vote while yielding 33.5 percent to an unknown, far-left academic with one-tenth of his war chest. (Randy Credico got 3.6 percent of the vote. Thus, 37.1 percent of primary voters rejected Cuomo.)

“Cuomo lost everything tonight except the nomination,” former New York City public advocate Mark Green, a ­Teach­out supporter, told the New York Post.

Now, while fighting Astorino, Cuomo also must keep his eyes on UPS truck loader Howie Hawkins. The Green Party nominee scored 9 percent in the Siena poll. Even more impressive, Hawkins has secured the endorsement of Buffalo’s teachers’ union. His supporters also include Brooklyn’s Prospect Heights Democrats for Reform plus Manhattan’s Jim Owles Liberal Democratic Club and Village Independent Democrats. Such fissures in Cuomo’s base may augur sudden seismic jolts.

Beyond this, Democratic turnout is likely to be low on November 4. Among 5.42 million active registered Democrats in New York State, only 574,350 bothered to vote in a contested gubernatorial primary. Such apathy approaches paralysis.

Further dampening likely turnout is the fact that New York City has no major local offices in play. Even Gotham’s congressional races have prompted little discussion.

Astorino seems perfectly comfortable running behind a well-funded, powerful incumbent Democrat. He finds this position familiar. Just a week before Election Day in 2009, a Siena poll showed Astorino trailing among likely voters with 41 percent versus 48 percent for County Executive Andy Spano. Astorino largely was dismissed as a conservative Republican in Gotham’s Democrat-rich northern suburbs. Many chuckled at his quixotic quest.

And then Astorino beat Spano by 15 points: 57.5 percent to 42.5.

Was this a fluke — never to be repeated?

Nope. Astorino won reelection by nearly the same margin in 2013, with 57 percent to 43 for Democrat Noam Bramson.

In a county where only 24 percent of voters are registered as Republicans, Astorino already has defied the odds twice. But can he do so again?

Duplicating this feat statewide will be tough. Six days from now we will learn whether Astorino’s secret weapons turn out to be divided and demoralized Democrats, low liberal turnout, and widespread hunger for dynamic growth rather than chronic decay.

Far from a lost cause, Robert P. Astorino’s is a tough fight worth fighting.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Can I get an "amen!"

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#2]
A - fucking - men. And FUAC.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope rob does win and sends fuckstick packaging.  With that said I'm done with this state. Last kid is done in June of this coming year and we will be moving even if it means I can't sell my house right away. I had enough of the taxes and fsa getting all the perks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Krispy Kreme's career is toast after Rob wins.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Double tap
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Bring the ruckus. Seriously may take the 5th off to riot if we win
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck it, let's riot either way.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#8]
He can........only if we can get off our asses and VOTE!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:42:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for posting.

Remember guys...

Get everyone you can out to vote!!!!11!!!1!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

Put on head scarves and fire into the air.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Krispy Kreme's career is toast after Rob wins.  
View Quote

Fuck that fuckity fatass. First in 2012 cockgobbling Obama after Sandy, and now teaming up with FUAC on Ebola. I can see it now. Christy/Cuomo 2016 Dream Team. Fuck the both of them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#14]
if Rob wins we need to throw a big party with balloons and stuff
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He's actually within a couple of points of Cuomo in cny
View Quote

As the article mentions, the polls had him down by double digits in 2:1 Democrat: Republican Westchester County and he ended up winning by 15 points.  That's a 25+ point spread.

He can win this as long as we do our parts and get everyone we know to the polls!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#16]
GO ROB GO!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As the article mentions, the polls had him down by double digits in 2:1 Democrat: Republican Westchester County and he ended up winning by 15 points.  That's a 25+ point spread.

He can win this as long as we do our parts and get everyone we know to the polls!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's actually within a couple of points of Cuomo in cny

This.  The polls don't accurately represent a vote cast, as many pollsters, more happy-status-quo-Dems than not, will stay home.  So indeed, we need to get everyone off their arse on Tuesday!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Cuomo/Hochul signs cropping up all along I-81 in Syracuse. With 6 days to go. Either a smart strategy to keep Cuomo fresh on the voter's minds, or perhaps desperation at his slipping numbers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#20]
FUAC

wonder how many illegal votes Cuomo has bought so far?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I will get out the vote and I have been pushing my friends as well. I hope Astorino wins but I am really more focused on making a once "sure thing" for Cuomo a close race so that nationally it can be held up as an example of why you don't fuck with gun rights.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I will get out the vote and I have been pushing my friends as well. I hope Astorino wins but I am really more focused on making a once "sure thing" for Cuomo a close race so that nationally it can be held up as an example of why you don't fuck with gun rights.
View Quote

I would think/hope that the Colorado recall elections made an impression, but voting out the tyrant Governors like Cuomo, Malloy and Hickenlooper should hammer home the point that gun control is a losing issue for Liberals.

That would be one helluva trifecta, wouldn't it?!  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Say it like it is brother!  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hope rob does win and sends fuckstick packaging.  With that said I'm done with this state. Last kid is done in June of this coming year and we will be moving even if it means I can't sell my house right away. I had enough of the taxes and fsa getting all the perks.
View Quote

+1
Our youngest is also done in June, TN is looking better and better every day.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#25]
TAKE ME!
I want to move to TN asap, which will be a while, but a guys gotta dream.  Not sure what area yet, I don't want much. Need a good size hospital so the wife has work, near or on the water, off the beaten path and near some ATV trails I was thinking of starting with buying a little land maybe.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I went to AL to interview.  Gate Guard asked what "you New Yorkers" are gonna do about cuomo.  I was like "Why do you think I am interviewing here?" Didn't get job but I am looking hard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top