Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 11:40:42 AM EDT
this is a good article and why every one has to get out to vote

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/10/five_things_to_consider_about_the_future_of_the_ny_state_senate.html

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
My bet is that  Libous' tenure is going to be short-lived (pun intended ) after the election and he'll likely be gone by Christmas.  his departure could create the spectacle of  special election for his seat that could determine the ongoing control of the senate.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the Senate falls to the Democrats it will be gunpocalypse. Both houses and probably the Governor's office will be controlled by Democrats. We will see microstamping passed and many pistol manufacturers will just stop selling in NY. We may see a new SAFE Act that will restrict registered assault weapon possession to the home and the range, no hunting or just having one in your car, we may see restrictions on owning more than two magazines for a firearm (that has been proposed before), requirements for insurance that will be super expensive or maybe unobtainable, requirements that firearms have to be always locked up in a safe at your home and on and on.

The expectation at this point is that the Republicans will control the Senate outright; the predictions I've seen give us 32 seats.  

While the downstate Republicans did fuck us with SAFE, they will have less incentive to play ball with Cuomo if they don't need the IDC to stay in power.

If the Democrats take control outright, then we're fucked.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Although the Long Island Republicans backed the SAFE Act I think the Senate is of more immediate interest than the Governor's race. Astorino is a longshot, yes Democrats vote less in off year elections and yeah maybe Democrats will stay home because they never even heard of Astorino while motivated Republicans upstate will turn out in hordes-but the GOP has a much better shot at keeping the Senate than getting Astorino in.
If the Senate falls to the Democrats it will be gunpocalypse. Both houses and probably the Governor's office will be controlled by Democrats. We will see microstamping passed and many pistol manufacturers will just stop selling in NY. We may see a new SAFE Act that will restrict registered assault weapon possession to the home and the range, no hunting or just having one in your car, we may see restrictions on owning more than two magazines for a firearm (that has been proposed before), requirements for insurance that will be super expensive or maybe unobtainable, requirements that firearms have to be always locked up in a safe at your home and on and on.

The expectation at this point is that the Republicans will control the Senate outright; the predictions I've seen give us 32 seats.  

While the downstate Republicans did fuck us with SAFE, they will have less incentive to play ball with Cuomo if they don't need the IDC to stay in power.

If the Democrats take control outright, then we're fucked.

FIFY

FUAC
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#5]
That's why I don't know what to do. Vote for the back stabbers? Or vote for the front stabbers? (Or a third option which will equal the same thing as the second.)
It's like "How much poison do you want? One and a half teaspoons or two?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Although the Long Island Republicans backed the SAFE Act I think the Senate is of more immediate interest than the Governor's race. Astorino is a longshot, yes Democrats vote less in off year elections and yeah maybe Democrats will stay home because they never even heard of Astorino while motivated Republicans upstate will turn out in hordes-but the GOP has a much better shot at keeping the Senate than getting Astorino in.

View Quote

So should I vote for Skelos?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#7]
No matter what, I will not vote for SKELos.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

he'll probably win no matter how we vote
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

An R is better than a D no matter how you slice it
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  Do not vote for skelos. I'd vote for Obama before that scum skelos.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:45:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed. What is the alternative?  Vote for Skelos and tell him "thank you sir, may I have another?"  Seriously, as much as I hate seeing the Senate flip, I am even more po'ed at what the GOP pulled with the SAFE act.  If the Republican's are going to act like Democrat's, I might as well elect genuine Democrat's and get it over with.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top