Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 1:17:59 PM EDT
You're either in or you're out.  Right now.  None of this Secret Squirrel "wait-n-see" shit.  Because if you can't support Rob in a big way, then to hell with you!

NRA not giving Astorino campaign money

$2 million to slam Bloomtard who isn't even running; zip for Rob.  Oh, and Remmington is a no-show too.

Edit 10/23: Money donated after last night's debate and continued endorsement to members.  I think this thread has run its course.  Rob is gaining momentum and its clear that un-SAFE isn't going to be a featured issue.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe they assume it's a waste of money and a lost cause.

Heck even the GOP doesn't want him to win. They're don't want to upset the apple cart, they're all in bed together. Business and politics as usual in NY.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Lets see, a left-wing hack of a snoozpaper the Post Standard write a hit piece saying the NRA isn't supporting the challenger to the most aggressive anti-gun legislation to come around in decades turns current NRA members sour: Anti-gun groups win.

Pitiful donations from "A handful of other donations have come from Upstate gun associations and ranges,..." makes it appear Astorino has no chance: Cuomo win

Discouraging questionable   Poll numbers saying Rob doesn't have a chance thereby discouraging Voters: Cuomo win.

IF we're stupid enough to get sucked in and start cutting our noses to spite the face, then THEY  win, and we pout.

As for Big Green: I suspect Corporate has made its decision on NYS with their announcement of relocation of DPMS/Panther Arms, Bushmaster, and several of Remington's models as well as other brands being relocated to Huntsville, Alabama. Giving readers the appearance that they don't give a damn either way, and while this may be the case, I fully believe those still making decision in Ilion are working to unseat Cuomo.  

Take a step back and look real hard at the sinister motives, motivations, and acts the current administration IS taking to keep their place at the head of the States table.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe they assume it's a waste of money and a lost cause.

Heck even the GOP doesn't want him to win. They're don't want to upset the apple cart, they're all in bed together. Business and politics as usual in NY.
View Quote

No, they  don't want him to win because they KNOW it'll be the beginning of the end for their little cliques....reminds me of a bunch of Frat-Boys blowing each other egos trying to make one another "look good" while keeping control over the situation between themselves...Seems the word "collusion" would be a good starter here.  
Fuck 'em, fuck 'em ALL, they've ALL got to be removed!  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#4]
We've done this before, but I'll say it again. That article is an anti-gun hit piece. The gun policy expert they quoted openly supported unSAFE along with NYAGV and is not an unbiased source.

The suggestion that "Astorino is failing to cash in on the NY Safe Act" is also nonsense because NY gun owners have been donating a ton of money to Rob.

Also note that the author did not even contact the NRA or Remington to get their positions.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We've done this before, but I'll say it again. That article is an anti-gun hit piece. The gun policy expert they quoted openly supported unSAFE along with NYAGV and is not an unbiased source.

The suggestion that "Astorino is failing to cash in on the NY Safe Act" is also nonsense because NY gun owners have been donating a ton of money to Rob.

Also note that the author did not even contact the NRA or Remington to get their positions.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So who is
national spokesman Andrew Arulanandam.  

I have no problem reading between the lines on the lib bias, but like Jerry McGuire said, "Show me the money!".  The NRA is openly bragging about their $2 mil anti-Bloomtard campaign, but no such full-frontal charge with Rob.  Why?  Feels like they're just playing liar's poker instead of the whole "Stand and Fight" thing.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe they know NRA donations will rile up the liberals in NY and chose to fly under the radar
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So who is
View All Quotes
Quoted:
So who is
national spokesman Andrew Arulanandam.  

Whoops, my mistake. I don't remember that being in the original article.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe they know NRA donations will rile up the liberals in NY and chose to fly under the radar
View Quote

This is certainly a side effect, but I don't think this is the reason.  I think they just consider NY a lost cause.  

Though, I would like to think that somehow, someway, they funneled him money below the radar.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#9]
The dozen or so groups outside the mainstays of NYSRPA and SCOPE are hotly supporting Rob Astorino for the very reason of his and Moss's open opposition to the un-SAFE act, the preponderance of his not being opposed to the SAFE act is utter bullshit....it's a main plank of his platform.
Clearly this is another case of the Media steering an election.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  You think Bloomberg is going to let his arch-nemesis the NRA throw money around in his backyard?  NRA sends Astorino a dollar and he'll send Cuomo 10.  

NYSRPA is the largest NRA state affiliate.  Think about that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#11]
We have the element of surprise. The Cuomo camp thinks we are just some Upstate hillbillies who don't matter.

Only roughly 4.6 million votes were cast in the 2010 election. We can get 3 million for Rob no sweat.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#12]
can you blame them? I'm not even sure Astorino wants the job
I know campaigning costs money and he's the underdog in the money area but I've seen very little from him with regards to ads or other campaigning
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#13]
He has raised four million to cuomos 44 million.

So you should see 1 astorino ad per 11 cuomo ads.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I know campaigning costs money and he's the underdog in the money area but I've seen very little from him with regards to ads or other campaigning
View Quote

Astorino & Moss are all over the place.  They are criss-crossing the state almost non-stop.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Astorino & Moss are all over the place.  They are criss-crossing the state almost non-stop.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The war is in the streets. The revolution will not be televised.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope to hell it is.

I just drove through Eastchester/Scarsdale in Westchester County and saw a great deal of Astorino signs on the lawns of private homes.  Granted, Scarsdale can be uppity and ivory towered, but Eastchester is pretty damn gritty and (high) blue collar for Westchester.  I also drove through with a USMC and 2A sticker on my back window along with an Astorino sticker.  I just hope to hell he makes enough of an impact to keep on with his agenda.  Cuomo will play smart and not debate or even address the upcoming election in the hopes that the usual, typical Dem sheep drones will shuffle in and hit that switch.  

I pray for an overturn.  This Tree of Liberty needs watering....
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You're either in or you're out.  Right now.  None of this Secret Squirrel "wait-n-see" shit.  Because if you can't support Rob in a big way, then to hell with you!

NRA not giving Astorino campaign money

$2 million to slam Bloomtard who isn't even running; zip for Rob.  Oh, and Remmington is a no-show too.
View Quote

There is a strong reason to slam Bloomberg: he is funding all these radical anti-gun causes across the country, and Bloomberg is a caricatured villain that many people despise, even if they don't care about gun stuff, so this motivates people to vote against Bloomberg trying to buy elections with his money.

The point of the NRA is to affect national politics, which is why they are getting involved in national races and races where anti-gun initiatives could possibly be passed.

NY already passed its anti-gun initiative, so it's not a priority for the NRA.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've gotta say, that's a very ignorant statement to make.  OF COURSE Astorino wants the job, and he's trying hard to get it.  He's making appeals to the voters and his team is putting out emails and videos on a regular basis.

I really hate how many NYers are waiting for the NRA to save them.  The NRA will not save us in NY.  We have to save ourselves.  Take it upon yourselves to educate voters and ensure they pull for Astorino.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, Bill Nojay talks about that.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We have the element of surprise. The Cuomo camp thinks we are just some Upstate hillbillies who don't matter.
Only roughly 4.6 million votes were cast in the 2010 election. We can get 3 million for Rob no sweat.
View Quote

Cuomo only got 1.8 mil votes from NYC and Long Island in 2010. You can easily get the votes and outvote downstate if people get off their asses. I doubt many Cuomo voters are even going to vote because they think his re-election is a lock.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I contacted the NRA on their facebook page about direct support for Rob Astorino. I got banned. Can't post or even like anything. So my anti NRA page went up and got 90 likes in just a few days with no promotion.
I will point out the empty promises they have made.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I contacted the NRA on their facebook page about direct support for Rob Astorino. I got banned. Can't post or even like anything. So my anti NRA page went up and got 90 likes in just a few days with no promotion.
I will point out the empty promises they have made.
View Quote

What do you intend to accomplish aside from an act of revenge?

You may not like how the NRA has responded in this instance, but they do a TON more good than that, and working against the NRA will do much more HARM to our cause than to help it.  Unless you want to be on the side of Bloomberg and NYAGV and the Brady Campaign...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I would be fair... I will point out that the NRA dose a good job with education and gun safety and even lobby on a national level. But when It comes to New York you will not get your moneys worth.
Then people can make informed choice where they spend.

The other option is letting the NRA get away with cheating New Yorkers by taking money and selling them false hope. Putting pressure on the NRA is not trying to destroy it. I feel it should help it be better
than what it is.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would be fair... I will point out that the NRA dose a good job with education and gun safety and even lobby on a national level. But when It comes to New York you will not get your moneys worth.
Then people can make informed choice where they spend.

The other option is letting the NRA get away with cheating New Yorkers by taking money and selling them false hope. Putting pressure on the NRA is not trying to destroy it. I feel it should help it be better
than what it is.

View Quote

You're mostly right: The NRA is working on the Federal level, NYSRPA is workig for NYS.
Remember this story is designed to turn NRA member away from the inside.....don't let 'em get away with it.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Just got my new American Rifleman, for the progun ballot, they endorse Astorino.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I ask you all: What do you expect from the NRA?
Loads of money?
Bus load of Lawyers ready to go to Court?
Their own News crew broadcasting over all the NYS airwaves?
I keep heading about what the NRA isn't doing  but no credit for what they are.
The NRA has one representative in Albany and it's said that he woefully inept; not having ever met him, I don't really know, but knowing the ones that informed me, I'd take their word any day of the week.
Are you aware that two three members of NYSRPA's Board ARE also members of NRA's Board of Directors?
Tom King is right: if every gun owner in NYS had sent Rob Astorino just ten dollars, he'd own this election outright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMUKcmp-XI&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Are you aware that two members of NYSRPA's Board ARE also members of NRA's Board of Directors?
View Quote

Three, not two.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I got a nice postcard from the NRA in the mail yesterday. In it, they are urging the membership to vote for Rob Astorino on Tuesday. I was happy to see this, and hopefully it will have some impact on the Fudds and other gun owners who are not politically involved.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Just read an article in the NYSRPA Digest #2380 that the NRA has thrown in a bit over $100,000 in anti-Cuomo internet advertising "last minute money": http://blogs.democratandchronicle.com/voteup/2014/10/29/last-minute-money-nra-pro-astorino-pac-spend-on-ads.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#30]
NRA-PVF sent pink postcards for all pro 2a candidates and a BIG card for Rob.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#31]
The NRA has done more than enough for NY.  It's time for US to do something for ourselves.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The NRA has done more than enough for NY.  It's time for US to do something for ourselves.
View Quote

Damn straight.  It's not up to the NRA to fix our state.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got a nice postcard from the NRA in the mail yesterday. In it, they are urging the membership to vote for Rob Astorino on Tuesday.
View Quote

All of the NRA members in my household received these today as well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Yup, I got the NRA astorino card.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top