And I have to work Sunday night.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:39:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

As do I
How are they supposed to "Eat Better Tonight" without their EBT card!?  I can't believe it actually says "Benefit" on the card .  I would be so fucking embarrassed if I had to swipe one of those things.  I much prefer the plastic that comes with a blue square
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:55:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How are they supposed to "Eat Better Tonight" without their EBT card!?  I can't believe it actually says "Benefit" on the card .  I would be so fucking embarrassed if I had to swipe one of those things.  I much prefer the plastic that comes with a blue square
View Quote

There are actually people who are embarrassed to use them or to be on any government assistance for that matter.  They're not the problem.  It's the one who think that it's something that they are owed -- that the big, rich government needs to give them their money -- that are the issue.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:59:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There are actually people who are embarrassed to use them or to be on any government assistance for that matter.  They're not the problem.  It's the one who think that it's something that they are owed -- that the big, rich government needs to give them their money -- that are the issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 and some that really do need cant get it. I would love to see the Reagan style come back you want a card you will be picking trash up on the side of the road etc.. These communist are in for a real awakening when the money is no longer there to support there FS.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#5]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3e41prVDv4&sns=em [/youtube]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#6]
My prediction is a massive uptick in convenience store robberies.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My prediction is a massive uptick in convenience store robberies.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As do I
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As do I

I'll tell you what man, my BIL had to get one when he lost his job to support his 2 little guys and wife. He was a broken man. Got back on his feet now but there are people who need them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'll tell you what man, my BIL had to get one when he lost his job to support his 2 little guys and wife. He was a broken man. Got back on his feet now but there are people who need them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As do I

You can tell who's gaming the system by how they place items on the conveyor belt:

1st pile - WIC items

2nd pile - EBT qualified junk food

3rd (cash) pile - alcohol, lotto tickets, tobacco products
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You can tell who's gaming the system by how they place items on the conveyor belt:

1st pile - WIC items

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As do I

1st pile - WIC items

Now what happens when you only have the third pile on the conveyor??
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

1st pile - WIC items
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As do I

1st pile - WIC items

You can tell who's gaming the system when you see people buy the 3rd pile with EBT and WIC.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You can tell who's gaming the system when you see people buy the 3rd pile with EBT and WIC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As do I

1st pile - WIC items

Dishonest bodegas used to pay pennies on the dollar for food stamps.  Can't buy crack/weed/meth with food stamps.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll ride shotgun with ya!

" />
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Dishonest bodegas used to pay pennies on the dollar for food stamps.  Can't buy crack/weed/meth with food stamps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's your 6 pack of "milk" sir. wink
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I LOL'd.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll ride shotgun with ya!

http://<a href=http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/saveourfreedom/RideShotgun_zpsb5b2d25b.jpg</a>" />

Click it or ticket, mofo!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As do I

NO ONE here or anywhere else I know of has the first problem with that situation. The Programs were put in place to give a helping hand up, not a hand out.  Believe me there are plenty of people out there that truly need the help, and can't/won't get it, and too many more milking the system because they are scum-bags that insist on living the system instead of living a fruitful and productive life....believe me, I've seen it before, as well as lived so tight we didn't know who to pay or how we'd eat.
"Anything free will be abused."
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:04:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I meant no offense to hardworking Americans who have found themselves in tough times.  My comment was aimed solely at the abusers of the system who completely lack work ethic or the pride to even try to support themselves.  I would work 60+ hours a week at McDonald's, etc before I would even consider signing up for one of those cards.  I have personally witnessed people I know who have done it both ways. The ones who used it as a last resort now have career level jobs and college degrees. The ones who abused it are still doing it and probably always will.  The problem is that the system is no longer set up as a short term support system. Instead it encourages people to live off it rather than work.  I've done a lot of low level and demeaning jobs and would always choose them over government plastic if given the choice.  But I get that some people don't have a choice sometimes and I meant no offense to them or anyone on here who knows someone that has had to use the system for its intended purpose.  I truly apologize if I have offended anybody.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. My MIL poor as shit would even attempt to get public assistance. She worked all her life never asked for anything in return
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep, in the old coupon book days it was buy a small something like a pack of gum and get cash back if the store was not in a common food stamp area.  Then they turn around and buy smokes and beer with their change.  Downtown it was sadly comical that these poor single women would load up on lobster, shrimp and steak on their food stamps and go out the door and be picked up by their non husband in the Cadillac.  The poor down trodden.

I remember as a kid after my parents split, my mom worked insurance by day, got home, started dinner, may or may not eat at 4:30 and would run right back out the door to her second job waiting tables.  She knew how to work and how to scramble to put food on the table.  There were 7 of us kids.  All she had to do was sign up for the golden ticket but it wasn't even a consideration in her mind.  Some winters we ran out of fuel or we'd be eating oddball dinners because that's what you had.  Kids liked pancakes for dinner.   To us it was fun and funny to have breakfast for dinner.  With today's fuel and food prices she'd never had made it.   I can understand how people with out a job or being shorted hours would be in real trouble.  

ETA- After the linked story finally opened for me I see there will be no threat to humanity.  The outage is from 12:00Am to about 12:00 noon on Sunday.  The affected parties will still be in bed for a few more hours and will miss the outage.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Exactly. My MIL poor as shit would even attempt to get public assistance. She worked all her life never asked for anything in return
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I was growing up (in the South) it was highly dishonorable to use Govt. assistance, there was a worse stigma attached to it than being queer, or pregnant out of wedlock....then again at that time we still said a prair before classes, said the Pledge of Allegiance, and sang Christmas Carroll's in Music class.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Good luck 41mag.

My baby didn't do nuffin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top