Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2014 12:45:10 PM EDT

Well, the centerfire ammo is .40 to .50 a round; personal defense ammo is over $1/ round and .22LR is at an undisclosed location.

How are your local shops?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The .22 ammo comes in Friday evening.  If you want some go early Saturday morning.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I just placed an ammo order and was poking around the Jerrys site
Only match grade 22 for us small FFLs
Seemed to be an available  mix ( for once...hasn't been that way for a while )  of practice stuff in the calibers I was ordering.
Are you trying to order something a bit oddball caliber-wise, OP?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a 525 pack of Federal 22 last Monday for $26.  Some good prices on 9mm bulk packs.  Most everything else is sky-high.  Mostly useful for finger-fucking pistols you might transfer elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seemed to be an available  mix ( for once...hasn't been that way for a while )  of practice stuff in the calibers I was ordering.
View Quote

No, just saw the Labor Day advertisement and was wondering where the .22 is, why the centerfire is double the regular price, etc.

Guess it's available because of price. Except .22.

Wait another 4 months?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much IF you want any ammo from Jerrys you've got to have daily, first name contact with a salesman, and get if from the SC whse.
Three weeks ago I was told JSC had a massive lay-off.  They are still running a truck North (for now) and the minimum order is 2K.  
I was in AR, MS, AL, TN, KY, OH, PA, and didn't buy a single round of .22 ammo
It's out there, and still being made 24/7 but the horders & gougers haven't gotten their fill yet.  
The last Show I brought 16 boxes of CCI 100 pk and put a few out at at time to sell (trying to improve the show with nice deals) and another Dealer bought what was out then put them on his table for double!  Well that isn't going to happen again.  

FWIW: One of my best freinds works PT at GM: the two of us waited in line  an hour before store opening to get a case of 1600 rounds each (limit 1) cost out the door was $130.xx  Those are the ones I put out at $10. per box. Still high in my opinion, and at $2.00 a box profit I made a whopping $30. (well less if you deduct the two boxes I gave away with the purchase of a .22 rifle )
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I literally haven't bought ammo in years (I maxed out all my credit cards and stocked very deeply during the 2008 panic) so I couldn't tell you what is or is not out there.

The only .22LR I ever really bought and shot was/is CCI Stingers.  Has anyone seen any of that lately?  Not that I need any, just curious, I guess.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, just saw the Labor Day advertisement and was wondering where the .22 is, why the centerfire is double the regular price, etc.

Guess it's available because of price. Except .22.

Wait another 4 months?
View Quote

From what I saw today there was  a pretty wide range of prices for what was in stock.
Another 4 months will put us in the depths of winter, normally a low inventory time for me
If I have to order it in then for next summer, I will though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not a whole lot better here in MO.

MOST pistol calibers are available at Walmart and especially at BassPro, if you're willing to pay for it. Bulk packs are still pretty rare in 9mm, but .38/.45 aren't unusual. Defensive ammo is a buck a round for most calibers and that hasn't changed.

.223/5.56 is readily available, although most of it is the $8-10/box AE/Federal type stuff. Occasionally there's a spam can of Wolf at $119/500.

I've managed to snag about 2,500 rounds of .22 at regular store prices by stopping in on a Saturday morning going home from work and beating down a few neckbeards. Can't be picky about what I get, just take what's there. 900 rounds of CCI tactical. 675 rounds of Golden Questionmark. 200 rounds of Winchester SuperX. 150 of CCI Quiet. Another few hundred rounds of miscellaneous stuff from BassPro; they don't stock at a regular time so it's hit and miss. I've basically managed to replace what I've shot since I moved out here.

I've got the press set up again finally so I can start cranking out plinking loads, it'll be nice to actually finish breaking in the barrel on my 300BLK.

For those hoping it's going to be better in four months, I think it's going to depend on what happens in the mid-term elections... and if some asshole decides to put his name in the papers again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well, the centerfire ammo is .40 to .50 a round; personal defense ammo is over $1/ round and .22LR is at an undisclosed location.

View Quote

You just didn't give him the secret 22lr handshake.  I hear it starts with unzipping his fly and then....

There's no 22lr anywhere close to me.  In all seriousness I tend to believe NY will have ammo shortages indefinitely until the safe act is repealed/overturned.

Stock up at PA gunshows if you can.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to cabelas near buffalo on Friday. Talk about pissing me off. No 22. Most prices were double what they should be. The thing that set me over the edge was when I got a email from aim and compared prices. Fuck buying ammo in ny. I can't wait till the bg check goes into effect. Ammo prices will be out of control then.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Went to Gander in Kingston sunday, no 22 alot of overpriced ammo. I was in Albany friday at washington ave Walmart, they had Remington thunderbolts .
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You just didn't give him the secret 22lr handshake.  I hear it starts with unzipping his fly and then....

There's no 22lr anywhere close to me.  In all seriousness I tend to believe NY will have ammo shortages indefinitely until the safe act is repealed/overturned.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone feel like opening an ammo store just across the border in PA?  Name it FUNY.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In all seriousness I tend to believe NY will have ammo shortages indefinitely until the safe act is repealed/overturned.
View Quote

Except that this shortage extends beyond NYS
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Being a cheap bastard I reload 90% of what I shoot in rifle & pistol.
While I have shot shell presses and components, I usually buy them simply as it's as if not more economical.
I hate reloading 9mm and .223 I'd rather buy that or have someone with small fingers make it for me.
About the only time I buy new/factory is when I can't get brass/new caliber or it's going to be used for "special purposes".
Back in the day I bought a LOT of surplus ammo; too bad those days are long gone and so is most of the ammo.  
Remember when you could buy 1K rounds of 7.62x51 from Century for $100. delivered!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#15]
^

Yeti hands!  It's a wonder you can even load a .22 with those oven mitts.

I'm so glad I was stocking up on .22 before it was cool,  couple cases of  CCI SV and many bricks of Blazer at $12-15.  

Yep, it's still not financially sound to reload common shotshell fodder.  Price of shot and availability of powder sucks.  It's easier to just buy federal factory promo boxes.
Gander used to be the last place to buy ammo due to their suckass prices.  Now they're the last place to find ammo due to their suckass prices.   I'm seeing some .22's around locally in the small shops, a bit in walmart on occasion.  I'm not a buyer though, I don't need it at the moment and I figure someone else does and if I don't buy that's all the more push downward the demand for it.  Thereby hopefully lowering prices down a bit in the future.  I am not holding my breath.

With the 40x .22 I miss the old prices of wolf extra.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's not a whole lot better here in MO.

MOST pistol calibers are available at Walmart and especially at BassPro, if you're willing to pay for it. Bulk packs are still pretty rare in 9mm, but .38/.45 aren't unusual. Defensive ammo is a buck a round for most calibers and that hasn't changed.

.223/5.56 is readily available, although most of it is the $8-10/box AE/Federal type stuff. Occasionally there's a spam can of Wolf at $119/500.

I've managed to snag about 2,500 rounds of .22 at regular store prices by stopping in on a Saturday morning going home from work and beating down a few neckbeards. Can't be picky about what I get, just take what's there. 900 rounds of CCI tactical. 675 rounds of Golden Questionmark. 200 rounds of Winchester SuperX. 150 of CCI Quiet. Another few hundred rounds of miscellaneous stuff from BassPro; they don't stock at a regular time so it's hit and miss. I've basically managed to replace what I've shot since I moved out here.

I've got the press set up again finally so I can start cranking out plinking loads, it'll be nice to actually finish breaking in the barrel on my 300BLK.

For those hoping it's going to be better in four months, I think it's going to depend on what happens in the mid-term elections... and if some asshole decides to put his name in the papers again.
View Quote

spot on for MO. St. Louis area  Cabelas, Brass pro has all types of ammo expect for 22's expensive but they have it. I am seeing rifle ammo drop in 223 and 308 a couple of dollars down from the stupid prices when the panic was in full swing.

Ill be back out there next week for work and ill be checking again.. and bw they have racks of MSR and Stand cap mags even in a blue state is better than communist NY.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In all seriousness I tend to believe NY will have ammo shortages indefinitely until the safe act is repealed/overturned.

Well, not exactly.  Prices may be high in other places but everything is available.  Don't believe me?  Check ammo seek or gundeals ammo or any of the other ammunition finders online.  You'll find that every caliber is currently available online.  That includes 22lr.   You just have to pay the going rate for it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well, not exactly.  Prices may be high in other places but everything is available.  Don't believe me?  Check ammo seek or gundeals ammo or any of the other ammunition finders online.  You'll find that every caliber is currently available online.  That includes 22lr.   You just have to pay the going rate for it.
View Quote

Then people in NYS should still be able to order it and have it shipped to their local FFL
It should still be available to FFLs at the distributor level if the only issues is NYs SAFE act
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been buying the ZQI 5.56 30 round boxes (XM855 equiv.) for $10 at all of my local walmarts in Ontario and Wayne counties.  .22 was in stock Saturday morning at the Newark Walmart, $2.39 for 50rds of Thunderthighs.  Dicks has had some of the AE 40rd 38gr PHPs for $2.50/box... Victor and Auburn had them.  No bulk that I've seen.

I generally never go to GM for much, their ammo prices pretty much suck, which is why they have so much.  I might stop by Beikirch's today, though, haven't been in a month or more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top