Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2014 4:57:53 PM EDT
Need a welder on long island to weld some spacers on knuckles to upgrade my Jeeps brakes, someone who is good & will not rape me on the price. I normally do this stuff myself but I have too much going on to get it done.
here is a photo of what I'm looking to get done.

thanks
Frank
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a guy about an hour north of NYC in ulster county
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
What's his name? Might need some work done too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used Alliance Welding in East Islip a few times.  I've had a mix of work done, from basic brackets to things with pretty low dimension tolerances.  But nothing very extensive, and I don't have an ongoing relationship with them.  They were never firm on an estimate, and it was always like "we'll do the work and let you know how much it comes out to."  That said, what they've charged me has always been AMAZINGLY reasonable.  I don't feel comfortable saying I'm sure you'll have a good experience, only because I don't know them well and I've only used them a few times.  But for what it's worth, the few times I've used them, I couldn't have been happier.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used Alliance Welding in East Islip a few times.  I've had a mix of work done, from basic brackets to things with pretty low dimension tolerances.  But nothing very extensive, and I don't have an ongoing relationship with them.  They were never firm on an estimate, and it was always like "we'll do the work and let you know how much it comes out to."  That said, what they've charged me has always been AMAZINGLY reasonable.  I don't feel comfortable saying I'm sure you'll have a good experience, only because I don't know them well and I've only used them a few times.  But for what it's worth, the few times I've used them, I couldn't have been happier.

YMMV.
View Quote

Sounds good to me, I'll give them a call during the week.
Thanks
Frank
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

YMMV.
View Quote
Is the business run out of his house/garage? Woodland Drive is residential, not commercial/industrial?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The place was set pretty far back off the road, but it did appear to be residential.

Judging from the activity when I was there, they do mostly work off premises (i.e. take their equipment in a truck to a job site).  I'd definitely suggest calling ahead to make sure they're around.  One time, despite calling, I had to wait around a little while for the crew to come back from a job.  I think the owner's father was the gent I talked to while waiting - he was also a welder, and helped me work through some of the templates I'd made while I was waiting.

Work was done in a garage at that location - I don't believe they have a commercial storefront.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#7]
My buddy who's into custom bikes and hot rods recommends Jesse at KNS Kustoms in Holbrook.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top