Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 10:35:50 AM EDT

MY IDIOCY CONTINUES 4 POSTS LOWER.

In NY State, I can NOT buy a long gun from an individual, it has to go through a FFL who does a background check, Federal paperwork, etc.

But I can buy a gun from ANYONE in a contiguous state, like Vermont, without a background check?

And from no one in Virginia?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#1]
No. YOu can buy from a dealer in a contiguous state. You cannot buy from an individual.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#2]
No, you can't buy FTF out of state.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#3]
As others have said, as soon as you leave the state, all firearm transactions must be done through an FFL.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
OK I can buy a firearm ONLY from a FFL in a state that borders NY State.

No FTF, No other states.

Is there a waiting period?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
technically most states, contiguous or not, will sell you a long gun. Many states have no waiting period, some do.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OK I can buy a firearm ONLY from a FFL in a state that borders NY State.

No FTF, No other states.

Is there a waiting period?
View Quote
Contiguous state issue has no present day relevance.  It's either NY or it's another state.  If that other state has a waiting period, you must wait.  You must go through an FFL in another state and in NY unless it is from/to immediate family.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top