Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 4:01:40 PM EDT
unSafe, of course.

Can't really claim that the guns were taken unlawfully because they did give you an "out" by allowing registration.  But the thing that even pissed me off (still pisses me off) the most about that fucking sham was that you were supposed to sell (at a loss), or destroy your 10+ magazines.

Are there any lawsuits winding their way through the system addressing this?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope so...

I assume the NYSRPA case going to the 2nd circuit addresses this. No?

The taking of +10 mags is definitely unconstitutional...and Skretny ignored the entire situation. Didn't even address it in his decision...since he probably knew he couldn't justify it.

The AWB law is ALSO an illegal taking...since the gun must be sold out of state or destroyed after your death, and can't be given to anyone in NY even while you are living - not allowing you to pass your property on to your family or sell it to who you want to...is indeed an illegal taking too. It deprives your family of your legal estate.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, true, didn't think that far in advance.  Of course I was aware of this, but I forgot about that part.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
unSafe, of course.

Can't really claim that the guns were taken unlawfully because they did give you an "out" by allowing registration.  But the thing that even pissed me off (still pisses me off) the most about that fucking sham was that you were supposed to sell (at a loss), or destroy your 10+ magazines.

Are there any lawsuits winding their way through the system addressing this?
View Quote

I've been screaming from the mountaintops about this. It's fucking "Confiscation via legislation", PERIOD !!

There was another bullshit system put in place by the Feds back in 1994 and guess what? We law abiding citizens knew just what the hell was "pre ban" and "post ban" and we followed that law when it came to our "accessories". Now this assclown simply does away with it and makes us all potential criminals by the stroke of his pen. Fucking travesty if you ask me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Even if you win, what do you win? The state didn't take them away, it's not like they have them somewhere and can give them back.  You sold them or threw them away (in theory). What's the best case even if we win? What do we get? Andy says "I ham towy" ?

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Even if you win, what do you win? The state didn't take them away, it's not like they have them somewhere and can give them back.  You sold them or threw them away (in theory). What's the best case even if we win? What do we get? Andy says "I ham towy" ?

View Quote

I want the law off the fucking books is what I want.  This was the most outrageous part of the law, IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The legal representation that was pursuing these cases have been silent. I think we're fucked. Dry. Right up the ass. Make plans to leave Newyorkistan asap. I just got back from Georgia. Moving next summer, not soon enough.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The legal representation that was pursuing these cases have been silent. I think we're fucked. Dry. Right up the ass. Make plans to leave Newyorkistan asap. I just got back from Georgia. Moving next summer, not soon enough.
View Quote

Moving is not the point.  The point is what "they" fucking did is so outlandishly wrong it is beyond words... or even comprehension!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:18:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Moving is not the point.  The point is what "they" fucking did is so outlandishly wrong it is beyond words... or even comprehension!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OF course it is, so is the Sullivan act, so is  DHS, so are red light cameras, so are traffic courts that aren't' really courts... Both state an federal governments violate the constitution regularly, NY, Il, CA, MA, HI, CT do it a hell of a lot more than all the other states combined.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:28:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just got back from Georgia. Moving next summer, not soon enough.
View Quote

I'll welcome you to the neighborhood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top