Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/18/2014 11:22:17 AM EDT
For those able to visit he's in St. Elizabeth's in Utica on the cardiac wing....
Doesn't look  like heart attack, but he's going to be there a while...
Prayers are always good.
No sick/vacation time, so it's going to be tight.
Easter in the Hospital sux, AMHIK  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not the praying type, but I hope everything will be alright.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For those able to visit he's in St. Elizabeth's in Utica on the cardiac wing....
Doesn't look  like heart attack, but he's going to be there a while...
Prayers are always good.
No sick/vacation time, so it's going to be tight.
Easter in the Hospital sux, AMHIK  
View Quote

Easter weekend... It's a good time to have prayers answered.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Hang in there buddy. Best wishes for a speedy diagnosis and recovery.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Best wishes on a fast recovery
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Since I do pray, I will keep you in my prayers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Hang in there buddy - there's lots of people sending prayers and positive thoughts.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#7]
prayers sent, get well soon
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#8]
At the SOONEST they're telling me Easter Sunday, more likely Monday.

They've had to re-do several of the tests I originally because my GP from another medical group screwed the pooch and no info was forthcoming to the cardiologist here....

I basically lost 24 hours of my life yesterday because of stupidity at another facility.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Hang in there man. Hope you feel better soon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They've had to re-do several of the tests I originally because my GP from another medical group screwed the pooch and no info was forthcoming to the cardiologist here....

I basically lost 24 hours of my life yesterday because of stupidity at another facility.
View Quote

Good luck - medicine (especially with recent legislation) can be frustrating. Try and be as relaxed as possible - read through The Art of Manliness website - it's some good reading, good laughs, and a great time waster.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Is arfcom allowed on hospital Wi-Fi? Get well, buddy. We are all rooting for you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Good luck buddy.....get well soon!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#13]
keep on keeping on brother!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Good luck - medicine (especially with recent legislation) can be frustrating. Try and be as relaxed as possible - read through The Art of Manliness website - it's some good reading, good laughs, and a great time waster.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I'll have ample time to read One Second After, my SIL got it for me at Christmas.
I'll check out that site also HSFL!(That one is blockedd!) I've resorted to looking at internet PRAWN!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Speedy recovery.  If you wanna have some fun and are on a heart monitor, tap the middle patch on your chest real fast.  It should get people movin fast if done right.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Anything you want we can get to you Ad1?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!  

We need you in the fight.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I just like the fact that all of you are thinking of my welfare, both the guys I see regularly at functions and shoots, and even the brothers here I've never met. I check in on both threads every couple hours between chapters of my book or during the commercials while watching River Monsters.....You're al keeping my spirits up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#19]
All the best man.  Hope you get sprung quick.

If you like One Second After, try The Earth Abides next.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just like the fact that all of you are thinking of my welfare, both the guys I see regularly at functions and shoots, and even the brothers here I've never met. I check in on both threads every couple hours between chapters of my book or during the commercials while watching River Monsters.....You're al keeping my spirits up.
View Quote

Brothers don't shake hands. brothers hug!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Time  to log off and get your rest because you know they'll be waking ya up all through the night.

Get better man.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Hope you get out quick, and that somebody can smuggle you in a chocolate bunny or two in the meantime.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#24]
best wishes for you and your family brother.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Late night check in - I know they wake you up at awful hours of the night to check vitals.

The worst part is when they do that and then have the testicular fortitude to ask you how you slept. If you can make it through that without blading at a 45 degree angle and a massive adrenaline dump you're a good man.

Hang tough brother.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Also how is ARFCOM legit and Art Of Manliness is blocked? Are you a backdoor man?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Also how is ARFCOM legit and Art Of Manliness is blocked? Are you a backdoor man?
View Quote

I've never heard of that site. Just checked it out. Some pretty cool stuff on there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:46:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also wanted to add that I work in cardiology, so if I can help/answer questions pls let me know.  I understand the frustrations of being there from both sides.  PM me if you'd like brother.  I'm up all night if you cant sleep.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:32:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Get well soon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:50:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Hey brother,  hang in there! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:51:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Also wanted to add that I work in cardiology, so if I can help/answer questions pls let me know.  I understand the frustrations of being there from both sides.  PM me if you'd like brother.  I'm up all night if you cant sleep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well all I've been told in a round about way is that my ejection fraction is something on the order of 20%. (55 and above is normal)I haven't heard an official word about whats going on yet. I've been up since 3 AM for a number of reasons.

4:30 blood draw and 5 AM respiratory treatment and lovenox shot per hospital policy.

I'm on diuretics so they give me little water and measure every ounce of pee..... (Yeah I know, some people pay good money for that in Bangkok!)
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:06:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Get better soon Wade !
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Stay tough brother! Try to remain relaxed while ogling the nurses (female ones), and get out as soon as you can!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:18:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Good luck man. Hope you get patched up and they release you soon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:10:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Rest up and get well brother. Prayers heading your way.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:15:33 AM EDT
[#36]
You picked a bad week to quit huffing paint.  

hang in there Mr.W
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Get better soon! We need you to stick around so you can help vote out FUAC.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#39]
How are you holding up? Wishing you all the best. Hope you get to spend Easter with your family and feel better soon.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Theyre adjusting my meds and doing the cath on Monday.

Just hanging out  and doing what they ask me to do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Stay strong brother.  Praying for you and your family.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well all I've been told in a round about way is that my ejection fraction is something on the order of 20%. (55 and above is normal)I haven't heard an official word about whats going on yet. I've been up since 3 AM for a number of reasons.

4:30 blood draw and 5 AM respiratory treatment and lovenox shot per hospital policy.

I'm on diuretics so they give me little water and measure every ounce of pee..... (Yeah I know, some people pay good money for that in Bangkok!)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah 20% isn't great but I have seen much, much worse.  Best bet now is to hold tight til the cath and see what it shows.  If they find a blockage they can fix it and send you on your way.  As for not sleeping...I've always said that if your sick and in the hospital you need to rest.  We seem to do everything we can to advoid that though.  It sucks no question.  If need be you might be able to get something to help you sleep.  Again maybe not ideal, but rest is rest.  Stay strong man.  Again I'm working all night if ya can't sleep
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Good luck and praying for your speedy recovery!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Feel better brother! Be on your feet and stomping with us against NY tyranny in no time!

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Rest up well my friend.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hang tight brother...
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:42:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Yeah what pisses me off is I actually slept better last night but they woke me up at 5 am to give me 2 shots, (one in the stomach) and do a blood draw, then have the balls to ask me if I got any rest?

What has everyone stumped is the sudden onset of this, but there may be clues, and the cath tomorrow may prove or disprove a couple theories.

One theory is that I contracted a virus, and that may have either weakened or damaged the particular region of the heart.

Another is the possibility of a blood clot.

A "silent" heart attack. That caused this asymptotically.

Wait and see at this point.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:42:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Just relax, Prayers heading your way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Wait and see at this point.

View Quote

Hang in there A'dack. Sounds like you are getting good care and hopefully you'll know soon enough what the diagnosis is and how to treat it.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:20:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Late night check in - I know they wake you up at awful hours of the night to check vitals.

The worst part is when they do that and then have the testicular fortitude to ask you how you slept. If you can make it through that without blading at a 45 degree angle and a massive adrenaline dump you're a good man.

Hang tough brother.
View Quote

Why is it  when you're just out of surgery, trying to get some sleep while working the anesthesia out, you'll get a dozen "visitors"  asking all sorts of questions, all of which have no pressing relevance, giving you a look when you state "What part of leave me the fuck alone so I can sleep don't you understand?"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top