Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
It was a decent show.  Busy busy busy on Saturday.  Sunday was a little more sane.  I was a little confused though.  For all the people that bitch about prices on certain items, why would they chose to buy from a dealer with a higher price, rather than from a dealer with a lower price for the same exact item.  I am referring to Saiga 7.62x39 16" barrel.  I had them for $529 and didn't sell any, but another dealer had them for $575 and sold 5 of them!!  We were both in the center of the building, so that wasn't it....It's pretty funny when you recognize a guy that was just at your table fingering a Saiga, then you see them later walking around with a NIB Saiga??  When I was just an attendee, I would make several laps to find the best deals, and definately wouldn't pay $50 more if I didn't have too.  

If I had to hear that Saiga's should only cost $350 one more time, I was going to scream.  Yeah, this is 2014.  Obama's in the White House.  Cuomo fucked us with SAFE.  Putin invaded the Ukraine.  Put that all together and you have $500+ Saigas.  I remember when gas was under a buck a gallon, and cigarettes didn't cost $8-10/pack.  No one seems to bitch about those very much any more, we just take it for granted that is the cost.

Also if people would stop buying $75 bricks of .22LR prices and supply might come back to normal some day.  

On a lighter note:
I did make a new friend this weekend, he was my table mate for part of the day today.

" />

Rob's a pretty cool guy and down to earth with nice strong conservative values.  They were registering people to vote and pleading with the to go to the polls in Nov and remember what has been done to their rights and vote accordingly.  If I'm still here in NY come Nov. I will have no problem filling in the circle next to his name.  I pray to God I am not here though, sorry.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was a decent show.  Busy busy busy on Saturday.  Sunday was a little more sane.  I was a little confused though.  For all the people that bitch about prices on certain items, why would they chose to buy from a dealer with a higher price, rather than from a dealer with a lower price for the same exact item.  I am referring to Saiga 7.62x39 16" barrel.  I had them for $529 and didn't sell any, but another dealer had them for $575 and sold 5 of them!!  We were both in the center of the building, so that wasn't it....It's pretty funny when you recognize a guy that was just at your table fingering a Saiga, then you see them later walking around with a NIB Saiga??  When I was just an attendee, I would make several laps to find the best deals, and definately wouldn't pay $50 more if I didn't have too.  

If I had to hear that Saiga's should only cost $350 one more time, I was going to scream.  Yeah, this is 2014.  Obama's in the White House.  Cuomo fucked us with SAFE.  Putin invaded the Ukraine.  Put that all together and you have $500+ Saigas.  I remember when gas was under a buck a gallon, and cigarettes didn't cost $8-10/pack.  No one seems to bitch about those very much any more, we just take it for granted that is the cost.

Also if people would stop buying $75 bricks of .22LR prices and supply might come back to normal some day.  

On a lighter note:
I did make a new friend this weekend, he was my table mate for part of the day today.

http://<a href=http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q659/talrx1/7A9A2802-CF3A-4C21-B60C-9C2B8609EBCC_zpsmugioc9d.jpg</a>" />

Rob's a pretty cool guy and down to earth with nice strong conservative values.  They were registering people to vote and pleading with the to go to the polls in Nov and remember what has been done to their rights and vote accordingly.  If I'm still here in NY come Nov. I will have no problem filling in the circle next to his name.  I pray to God I am not here though, sorry.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I know a dealer whose been listing PB receivers on gunbroker: last one I stopped bidding at $500.  He's got a few more & sooner or later will get one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking for a stripped receiver for a garand, preferably SA or WRA, but I'll take any WWII original to replace the Century I've got now.

saw a stripped barretta M1 receiver, which are nice but I thought it was a bit high at 450.00.

also won the ORGC raffle., so I'm happy.

I know a dealer whose been listing PB receivers on gunbroker: last one I stopped bidding at $500.  He's got a few more & sooner or later will get one.

Are they Danish issue Berettas or or regular old Italian Berettas?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I was there, and yea... Dunno why anyone would pay more than $525-530 for the Saiga.  Saw 4-5 dealers with them.  I was one of the F CUOMO shirted guys there.  That's my default gunshow attire.  

I did buy a bunch of 7.62x39 Tula HP ammo, tho.  I didn't have any of it, figured 11 boxes, a $6 a box wasn't too bad, considering that I can't even find any at Walmart lately.

First syracuse gun show I've been to, used to go to the computer shows there years ago tho.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]
It was a pretty good show.  There was a good sized crowd, but a number of vendors told me they didn't have as many buyers as previous years.

I picked up a few things for myself or my wife.

We also had an assistant at our table:

Rob certainly comes across as genuine.  Born and raised in Westchester County.  Like Roland said above, if I'm still in New York come November, Rob will get my vote but I hope I've escaped by then.

I can't stress enough the importance of getting everyone you know to register and VOTE in November.  Also, nag people to join the NRA and the NYSRPA.  I had people come up to the table asking what they would get out of a membership.  I restrained myself from responding "Other than helping fight for your rights?"

Ticks me off.

Still enjoyed the show.

David
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
That is really sad that people think on such a small scale.  

It was good to meet you briefly Dave.
We never talked membership as I am a life member and signed up five people last January.  
The good news is that I only had to renew 2 of the 3 that I signed up.  The others renewed on their own.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking for a stripped receiver for a garand, preferably SA or WRA, but I'll take any WWII original to replace the Century I've got now.

saw a stripped barretta M1 receiver, which are nice but I thought it was a bit high at 450.00.

also won the ORGC raffle., so I'm happy.

Danish I presume from the "FTK" heel markings....Years ago I had a shit-ton of load bearing equipment (belts, pouches, knapsacks, etc. with Danish markings) He had at least one "Breda" marked receiver.  Search gunbroker for seller "sreisel" he's in Copenhagen NY had LOTS of unusual, and pre-Korean era military arms and militaria.  
"Never once I've been to his shop and not seen guns either I've never seen before or even read about, and I've been a gun nut literally all my life.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

On a lighter note:

http://<a href=http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q659/talrx1/7A9A2802-CF3A-4C21-B60C-9C2B8609EBCC_zpsmugioc9d.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

I met Rob before the April rally and I'll endorse and support him....it was a little comical when we shook hands as he's ~5' three to five and I'm 6'6" and clearly outweigh him by 100 pounds, but it's all good!  

BTW: If you've moved by then, feel free to mail in absentee ballots....have your friends & relatives do them too! works for the Dems.  
"I've got an Uncle that voted Republican all his life, now that he's dead he votes Democrat."  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Danish I presume from the "FTK" heel markings....Years ago I had a shit-ton of load bearing equipment (belts, pouches, knapsacks, etc. with Danish markings) He had at least one "Breda" marked receiver.  Search gunbroker for seller "sreisel" he's in Copenhagen NY had LOTS of unusual, and pre-Korean era military arms and militaria.  
"Never once I've been to his shop and not seen guns either I've never seen before or even read about, and I've been a gun nut literally all my life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep FTK is Danish. I'd love to get one of those.  I had a friend in AZ who got a mint unusedItalian issue Beretta about 10 years ago and he used oit to build up one of those kits that was everywhere back then.

I watch  "sreisel"'s auctions on Ebay and GB now and then.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Were there any vendors' selling unSAFE Act  featureless compliant Stag, Black Rain or other factory rifles using the Thordsen Custom FRS-15 stock?  TIA
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Were there any vendors' selling unSAFE Act  featureless compliant Stag, Black Rain or other factory rifles using the Thordsen Custom FRS-15 stock?  TIA
View Quote

yes

DD's and Van Tassels had some, as well as some other various dealers
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:29:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

yes

DD's and Van Tassels had some, as well as some other various dealers

View Quote

Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:20:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I met Rob before the April rally and I'll endorse and support him....it was a little comical when we shook hands as he's ~5' three to five and I'm 6'6" and clearly outweigh him by 100 pounds, but it's all good!  

BTW: If you've moved by then, feel free to mail in absentee ballots....have your friends & relatives do them too! works for the Dems.  
"I've got an Uncle that voted Republican all his life, now that he's dead he votes Democrat."  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a lighter note:

Sad and funny;  my stepfather voted D for 2-3 years after he passed until my mother took a pen and wrote deceased across his registration/signature page.  The election lady in downtown Albany went ballistic and wanted to have my mother arrested.   That would have been a nice trial with my sainted old lady mom testifying that she had told them for 3 years that he was deceased and his signature style changed since he was dead.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:57:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sad and funny;  my stepfather voted D for 2-3 years after he passed until my mother took a pen and wrote deceased across his registration/signature page.  The election lady in downtown Albany went ballistic and wanted to have my mother arrested.   That would have been a nice trial with my sainted old lady mom testifying that she had told them for 3 years that he was deceased and his signature style changed since he was dead.  
View Quote

That is ridiculous but not that unusual in NY IMHO.

“The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections.”
? Lord Acton
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top