Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2017 6:21:36 PM EDT
This year will be Dave South's last calling Aggie football and basketball games.

https://www.facebook.com/AggieFootball/videos/1341869979244571/?hc_ref=ARQKVG5E2rH8VEJknewXjqpRmAz_Q-Yside78ds44qo0hgVIgMn7JXncaIgg9Ab2ReI

I don't know if I should jump for joy or cry.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Some traditions aren't the absolute best traditions, but God speed to him and

Gig em!
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've always liked listening to him. Actually he's all I've ever know. If he started in 85, I wasn't even a teenager yet. When I went to A&M in the 90's I loved hearing his voice on the field and on the radio. I never met him. When I was a student, I was invited to some journalism thing where Dan Rather was doing some sort of satellite address {internet conferencing and www were still pretty basic}. I was introduced to his wife and I couldn't believe how young she was. I guess he just always sounded older on the radio.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I hadn't heard that. I'll make a point of listening to more this season. I usually catch 2-3 on the radio each year.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I still get chills listening to a recording of CK Esten's "Welcome to Kyle Field" announcement.

Old enough to remember Mike Mistovich doing the Aggie basketball games in the mid 70s.

Dave has been a good hire.  I hope he enjoys retirement.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still get chills listening to a recording of CK Esten's "Welcome to Kyle Field" announcement.

Old enough to remember Mike Mistovich doing the Aggie basketball games in the mid 70s.

Dave has been a good hire.  I hope he enjoys retirement.
View Quote
For those who haven't experienced it, the "Welcome to Kyle Field" and "Now forming at the North endzone" calls are goosebump inducing.

I wonder who they have in the pipeline to replace Dave?
If you look up the definition of the word Homer, you will find his picture there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top