Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2017 5:28:50 PM EDT
My FIL has a 790 utility tractor that needs front and back tires and a full service tune up, fluid change and once over, etc.  Ballpark on what's a fair rate?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Oil filter from John Deere runs $10. Change the oil yourself.  Capacities can be found on TractorData.com.  Pressure wash the machine and look for any leaks. Repair as necessary. If it has any leaks, get the replacement gaskets or o-rings from JD. Tire price depends on type (turf or field). A real tire shop (not Discount) can get the tires for you. Not a difficult machine to service unless it has electrical issues but those aren't too bad if you research the problem.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Check with GCR on Airport. They did my front tires had them filled solid. They are a commercial tire shop so they have portable trucks to handle rears and if you want the rear filled with water they can do that too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
In Bastrop, for tires, try Barnards on Chestnut. My go-to place for Ag tires. I do not fill mine...except for tire sealant, which I get there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top